Seguin vs Fredericksburg

Old76er

Six-man fan
Don't think these 2 teams have played the last few years but from what I have heard this has been a good rivalry game for years. Can Fredericksburg stop a solid spread back and is Fredericksburg healthy? Seguin has looked good so far but only 2 good opponents thus far. A loss to a much bigger/physical FEAST team with a good spread back, and a solid castle hills team. Any other good games you guys have circled on you calendar?

Freddy won 64-43. Freddy led for most of the game by a couple of touchdowns. It was a fun game to watch, especially since they haven’t played each other the past two(?) years. Coach Rabon and crew were exactly as I remembered from 2014, and it’s always a great (and competitive) time facing lifegate. From the stands it seemed like the entire game was a class act, and I would expect nothing less from two great football programs. What I love about lifegate is their “As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another.” And that could definitely be said of these two programs facing each other over the past decade. Best of luck to seguin the rest of this season!

I attended what probably will be my only 6 man game at Freddy Friday night. These two teams have played each year since Lifegate started their program in 2003 (they did not play last year, only time in the series; the two teams had been in the same districts since 2004 until the 2016 realignment). Freddy leads the series 10-6 with last night's win.

First, I felt like I had got some bad acid from the 60s. Shipman was running the spread and passing the football! I think I saw them run their tight formation one play. I mentioned to Coach Rabon that Shipman must have stolen the Lifegate playbook, but Rabon said that's not true, because Lifegate stole the playbook from Austin Hill Country.

The Hoermann twins are, according to the program, both freshmen. I am going to put Freddy as my favorite for the TAPPS title for the next four years. End of story.

I enjoyed seeing all my old friends from Heritage last night, from John Akin ... as well as the lovely and fabulous Mrs. Shipman, who looks younger than when I first met her. She tells me that her daughter is in sixth grade. Can't be right, the kid can't be any older than 2 or 3, right?

Freddy jumped out to a quick, early lead. Lifegate had a problem stopping them on defense, and the fact that Lifegate lost two games to cancellation (Alvin Living Stones and Victoria Faith) shows they could have used a little more game experience as they have a lot of freshmen and sophmores on their roster.

Back