Seguin Lifegate Clinic -- Fri June 28

freeagent

Six-man pro
Plan to start your 2013 season with us at the
SIX-MAN FOOTBALL COACHES CLINIC
At Lifegate Christian School, Seguin, Texas, on Friday, June 28th!

For our fifth year, we are planning a day filled with information you can use to build the young men on your team as champions on and off the field.

Check our Clinic website at www.sixmanclinic.com for information, including registration forms. Your registration includes handouts, refreshments, lunch and a chance at door prizes during the day. The first 12 schools to register will get a free DVD from a previous Clinic. If you register before June 8th, you pay $10-15 per person less and can send four coaches from your school for the price of three!

The website also includes links to directions, hotel and travel information, including area attractions for those of you planning a family vacation or long weekend in the Central/South Texas area.

Speakers this year include:

Jerry Burkhart – six-time UIL state champion at Richland Springs High School
Kade Kittley – Defensive coordinator at Woodson High School
Mark Coley – TAPPS 2011 state champion at Abilene Christian High School
Lloyd Fields – TAPPS 2010 state champion at Bulverde Bracken Christian School
Jim Rackley – UIL 2002 state champion at Converse Judson High School (5A)

There will be presentations by each of the speakers as well as smaller group chalk-talk sessions, allowing you to work with our speakers and other coaches to ask and answer questions that will help you this season and beyond.

You’ll leave not only with the knowledge to coach the x’s and o’s, but how to coach the Alex’s and Jose’s as young men who will grow to be husbands, fathers, and men who will, as Coach Wayne Walker told us last year, ”stand in the gap.”

The Clinic would like to thank our sponsors who help make our day successful:

Alert Services (Peggy Enax; [email protected])
Riddell All-American (Gary Gibson; [email protected])
Jerry’s Sporting Goods (Clay Conrady; [email protected])
Fellowship of Christian Athletes – San Antonio (Jim Faulk; [email protected])

New for 2013! If you’re planning to come to the area the night before, we’d like to invite you to join us and our speakers for an informal dinner and chalk-talk on Thursday, June 27th. We’re going to meet from 6 to 9 pm at the Wimberley Brewing Company (located between San Marcos and Wimberley, at the intersection of FM 12 & FM 32) for a buffet dinner (including salad, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert). The Wimberley Brewing Company is owned by Bruce Collie and his family. Bruce coaches the San Marcos Home School team and was a member of the Super Bowl champion San Francisco 49ers. Maps, directions and information on ordering tickets can be found on our Clinic website.

DVD presentations of previous Clinics are available. Ordering information can be found at www.sixmanclinic.com .

Come and join us for this year’s Clinic … you’ll find the investment of your time will pay off as you prepare for this season!

John G. Taddy
Clinic Director
(210) 378-3121
[email protected]

Was able to find a place with a decent rate in San Marcos for Thurs., June 27

Country Inn & Suites
1560 S IH-35
San Marcos, TX 78666
(512) 392-8111

You can get a $85 king/$95 double room rate if you request the STATE rate (you'll need to print out a tax form for check-in, I have a link to it on our website: http://www.sixmanclinic.com and identify your school, and yes, this is good for private schools too).

Hotel is about 26 miles from Lifegate (maybe a 40 minute drive, tops).

Registrations are starting to pour (okay, maybe drip is a better word) in for the Six-Man Football Coaches Clinic at Lifegate Chrisitian School on Friday, June 28th. Still looks like we'll have around 80 coaches here for the day.

Remember ... if you register by Saturday, June 8th, you can send four coaches for the price of three ($180) or $60 each.

After then, it's $70 a head ($75 at the door). And you get the same food and information as you would for $60.

Registration info on-line at http://www.sixmanclinic.com , or email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the registration form.

06/17

I think we're around 80 people signed up last I looked.

If you plan to attend, please drop your registration form in the mail in the next few days ... anybody who calls me and promises to "pay at the door" will have to pay $75 at the door ... because every year I seem to get burned by at least three or four folks who call (sometimes several times) saying let me in, but the school office can't cut a check until (insert date here, but it's always a day or two before the Clinic) and then they don't show up.

I always say if we get 100 registered, I might add a special door prize or two. Last time, #100 got a $100 bill. Not sure what it will be, but I'll think of something.

John Taddy
210 378 3121
[email protected]

http://www.sixmanclinic.com (registration information on the site)

Guys ... if you try to call or email me about space for the Clinic in the next couple days (Wed/Thurs), I may not be getting back to you as quickly as I'd like. Had a little heart scare over the weekend and I'm off for a stress test today and the cardiac cath lab on Thurs., hopefully both as outpatient tests. That's what happens when your cardiologist is a friend of something like 23 years or so, taking no chances, I guess.

Anyway, there is still room for the Clinic ... just drop your registration in the mail ... $70 a head as long as I get it by next week Thursday (June 27). I've had a couple calls from school districts and such asking if I take credit cards (no) or purchase orders (sure, as long as it's accompanied by a check). Receipts will be sent via email (hard copy if you request). We're still old fashioned (I actually checked into taking credit cards, and with the paperwork and fees, it wasn't worth it).

John Taddy
210 378 3121
[email protected]
http://www.sixmanclinic.com

I guess the doctor said I'll still be alive for the Clinic .... thanks to all who emailed or texted their concerns or asked when the funeral was scheduled (one of my good friends is an undertaker, and I texted him that I wasn't planning on being one of his customers anytime soon) or included me in your prayers. Tests all came out negative ... no heart attack or blockage.

Registrations for the Clinic are still coming in ... remember, I need to have your check by Thursday 6/27 for the $70 rate; all at-the-door payments are $75. If you do plan to come, drop me an email/text/call and I'll be sure to have your registration stuff ready when you arrive.

Matt Arrufat from Boerne Geneva is being added to the program to replace Mark Coley.

See you next week...

John Taddy
210 378 3121
[email protected]

Okay, it's Monday before the Clinic and the phone has already rung twice with people signing up. Kinda normal, happens every year.

If you're planning to come, call or text me at (210) 378-3121 and let me know so we have you registered ahead of time. If you want to pay the $70 registration rate, I need to have it in my hands by Thursday, June 27th, so my guess is that you will need to drop it in the mail either today or Tuesday at the latest.

Anybody paying at the door it's $75 per coach.

Look forward to having a good crowd here on Friday!

John Taddy
210 378 3121
[email protected]
www.sixmanclinic.com

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, if one of those bottles should happen to fall, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.

Okay, as of Tuesday, I have 91 people registered for Friday's Clinic. I said if we hit #100, I'm going to throw some extra door prizes into the mix (maybe a couple gas cards), worth $100. We'll have other door prizes from Riddell, Alert Services, Jerry's Sporting Goods, and FCA San Antonio as well -- and usually, the Riddell guys have some nice stuff like NFL helmets.

So, if you're planning to come, let me know via text or phone by Thursday afternoon (this offer expires at 6 pm Thursday) ...

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, if one of those bottles should happen to fall, 97 bottles of beer on the wall.

John Taddy
210 378 3121

Back