Second Round Picks

Looking at The D3 match-ups for round 2
Up North
Azle v Crowley- Nazarene won the season match-up by 50. It's hard to beat a team twice in one year. But I will take Nazarene n this one anyway.
Prestonwood v Longview - Heritage is the defending Champion, but does not appear to be as strong as last year. Prestonwood has had trouble in the play-offs in the past. But I think this might be their year. Give me Prestonwood.
Down South
Baytown v Lake Jackson- same scenario as Azle/Crowley. faced each other during the season, Lake J won by 24. I will go with the team that won the 1st game. Lake J
Freddy v St. Joseph - Freddy has history, but its been awile since they have done it, and this won't be the year that they are back. St. Joe going away.

Looking at The D3 match-ups for round 2
Up North
Azle v Crowley- Nazarene won the season match-up by 50. It's hard to beat a team twice in one year. But I will take Nazarene n this one anyway.
Prestonwood v Longview - Heritage is the defending Champion, but does not appear to be as strong as last year. Prestonwood has had trouble in the play-offs in the past. But I think this might be their year. Give me Prestonwood.
Down South
Baytown v Lake Jackson- same scenario as Azle/Crowley. faced each other during the season, Lake J won by 24. I will go with the team that won the 1st game. Lake J
Freddy v St. Joseph - Freddy has history, but its been awile since they have done it, and this won't be the year that they are back. St. Joe going away.

Azle vs Crowley- I think Crowley wins this one but I believe Azle is healthy for the 1st time in a while. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but they were banged up for several weeks. Came out last week and had a solid win vs KP. Def hard to beat a team twice.
prestonwood vs Longview- prestonwood

Baytown vs lake Jackson- Baytown with the upset over San Marcos last week. Brazosport beat them once this year. Hard to beat a team twice and brazosport looks to be coming off a bye week. Give me baytown in a close one.

Fredericksburg vs st joes- Fredericksburg same as azle I believe have been beat up this year. Not sure if they are healthy either. Fredericksburg knocked them out the last 2-3 years. Can they do it again or will st joes get over that hump? Coin flip for me on this one but edge st joes.

i’m not putting my money where my mouth is, but if I had to guess:

Nazarene beats Azle

Prestonwood beats Longview

Baytown beats Brazosport

St Joe beats Fredericksburg

Longview vs Prestonwood is going to interesting... Likely to decide who will represent the north in the state game.

Defense - Both play great defense. Prestonwood has more depth and talent, but Longview's kids are experienced in big games and have the overall edge on speed. Both teams are very similar vs a tight offense. Facing a spread offense, Longview tends to apply more pressure while Prestonwood's kids do a great job of "read and react" style defense. Longview thrives off of making big plays on D.

Offense - Longview prefers to run the ball from the spread but I think Prestonwood will be able to slow them down. If #3 for Longview can get hot throwing the ball down the field, I'd put money on Longview. Prestonwood spreads the ball around to everyone. A lot will ride on if #7 and #5 can stay composed and make plays against Longview's rush. #9 and #33 are both excellent rushers.

Overall, it should be a great game. Both teams would represent the north well going forward.

I am going to call a upset this week.

Nazarene over Azle

Baytown over lake Jackson

Prestonwood over Longview

Freddy over Bryan.
Looks like you have two upsets.

Baytown shocked everyone and beat arguably the second best team in the division last week so they have a good chance too beat Lake Jackson but lake jackson already beat them once this year so it should be a good game.

Freddy should win as well if they can keep St joe from throwing deep.

Back