Lometa vs Zephyr 5-1-0

May vs Rochelle 11-9-3
May vs Santa Anna 10-9-0
May vs Zephyr 7-7-0

Rochelle vs Santa Anna 4-15-2
Rochelle vs Zephyr 5-9-0

Santa Anna vs Zephyr 2-4-0

How this district could pan out:

Lometa: eliminated, a good team in a tough district. They could spoil Santa Anna's season by beating them in wk 9, although not likely, Santa Anna shouldn't take this team lightly. Wk 10 game against May is for pride, no bearing on the district race.

May: not mathematically eliminated, but need lots of unlikely help, they could tie for second with Santa Anna and Zephyr if Lometa beats Santa Anna, May beats Zephyr and Zephyr beats Rochelle. But even then, I believe SA would get the tie-breaker due to them winning heads up to both May and Zephyr.

Zephyr: must win, a loss to either May or Rochelle eliminates them, barring the same scenario listed under May. If they win both they could find themselves in a 3 way tie for 1st, then the tie-breakers get to decide who goes to the playoffs.

Santa Anna: must take care of business on Friday. As long as they do, If May beats Zephyr, they are in as the 2nd place team. If Zephyr wins out, 3 way tie for first, go to tie-breaker.

Rochelle: in the driver seat. Got 2 weeks to prepare for Zephyr. If May beats Zephyr, first place is locked up, regardless of week 10, if Zephyr beats May and Rochelle, 3 way tie for 1st.

Clear as mud?

The UIL leaves it up to the district. There are many different types of tie breakers and some of them I don't understand, but some are more common than others. I don't know what district 9 uses, but the most common is this.

2 team tie, the head to head winner would prevail.

3 team tie, most districts use a "positive points" system of the 3 tied teams. Meaning that you get points based on how much you win by, up to a pre-determined amount. Usually 18 or 21 is the cap. If 2 of the teams won by more than the cap and 1 didn't, the 2 teams would win the tie breaker then go back to the head to head. If all 3 teams beat the cap, or are still tied, it would go to the next tie breaker. Maybe a common opponent if one or more exists, which it commonly does. Usually there are multiple steps so that if tie breaker A, B, C, etc has been exhausted,and there is still a tie, the next one is used. Eventually the last tie breaker will come in to play, which is the ever unfair, but always deciding coin flip.

If someone has the specific tie breaker for this district, I would love to hear it.

it looks like to me zepher could end up playing round ball much faster than anyone thought... i dont know alot about the district but thats the way i see it ....hmmmmmm

BadNewz":10m6jhf4 said:
From what I understand its a coin flip
That would be a terrible way to settle it.
IMO, three deserving teams, but one will stay home.
Santa Anna just became big-time Rochelle fans.
Has there ever been a more dramatic coin flip than the one described in "Friday Night Lights"?
Late night/early morning, secret location, televised, possible job on the line, I'll even resort to cheating to win.
At least that's the way I remember it.

hornkeeper12":1td2dz4v said:
The UIL leaves it up to the district. There are many different types of tie breakers and some of them I don't understand, but some are more common than others. I don't know what district 9 uses, but the most common is this.

2 team tie, the head to head winner would prevail.

3 team tie, most districts use a "positive points" system of the 3 tied teams. Meaning that you get points based on how much you win by, up to a pre-determined amount. Usually 18 or 21 is the cap. If 2 of the teams won by more than the cap and 1 didn't, the 2 teams would win the tie breaker then go back to the head to head. If all 3 teams beat the cap, or are still tied, it would go to the next tie breaker. Maybe a common opponent if one or more exists, which it commonly does. Usually there are multiple steps so that if tie breaker A, B, C, etc has been exhausted,and there is still a tie, the next one is used. Eventually the last tie breaker will come in to play, which is the ever unfair, but always deciding coin flip.

If someone has the specific tie breaker for this district, I would love to hear it.

This is from santaannanews.com
"The Mountaineers finished the regular season with a record of 9-1, with their only loss coming to Rochelle. Now the Mountaineers must play the waiting game with Rochelle and Zephyr, who play Friday in Rochelle.

The Mountaineers can get into the play-offs if one of a few things happen.
1. Rochelle beats Zephyr outright.
2. If Zephyr does not beat Rochelle by 20.
3. A coin flip. With the coin flip, three coaches flip a quarter, the two teams that land the same side of the quarter, advance to the play-offs.

"No matter what happens, we are extremely proud of the team. They have proved a lot of people wrong. They have proved to themselves that they can play with the best teams in the area. They have proved that they are one of the best teams in the area. They never gave up and continued to get better every day," said the coaches.

Now we wait until Friday."

SavannahSixManFan":1oddumow said:
Santee Annee, get ready for ROUNDBALL...
You don't mean that, for that to happen Zephyr would have to beat y'all by 20 points or more.
And y'all would wind up in second if y'all won the flip.
Rethink......rethink.......

To the Tune of Dixieland Delight by Alabama

Rollin' thru the district Zephyr in the way
One arm on the smart phone
Holdin' my keyboard with the other
A sweet, soft, Southern thrill

Talked smack all week, got a little flamin’
On a Texas Friday night
Couldn't feel better, I'm together
With my keyboard and sixmanfootball.com

Spend my time
Parked on the website