sands vs water valley

kbjoe1

Six-man fan
this should be a good match up and tell both teams where they stand. what do you think? who walks out the winner and by how much?

come on guys and gals post what you think i know when the wildcat comes by he will tear it up lol. what do you think will be the outcome? will it effect the rest of their seasons?

This is a hard one to call, but Im going with Sands by 20. It will come down to which teams whats it more, but it will be a great game, one of the best of the week for sure. Just my input

Water Valley? Underrated all year. Say what you want about fajitapete, but at least his system has found WV. They should take the Ponies by 20.

Games like this always come down to turnovers, if Sands can play a turnover free game, then I think its an easy victory.

How is water valley under rated? Beat the mustangs. Beat Rankin and you'll be ranked top three. Number six in ranking looks pretty good to me. Water valley beat Sterling city by 30 Sands 45 Sterling city with 2 min. In third at Sterling city and ur ranked ahead of Sands. Underrated ur not!!!

I have to agree with the Mustang on this one; I don't believe a #6 ranking is underrated. Matter of fact, I think they may be overrated at this point. Don't get me wrong, I believe this year's team is pretty good and has a lot of potential but I would prefer a top 5 ranking later on in the year. Preferably after wins over Sands and Rankin - a tall order to be sure but the Wildcats are certainly capable of the feat. Seems like most of you are picking Sands and maybe with good reason. I haven't seen them play but they handled Sterling City pretty well and they're not too shabby. I, on the other hand, am predicting a 16 point WV win. If they can do that they will have EARNED the #6 ranking and a king-sized showdown with Rankin.

I think that there will be some great games played this friday night. i see all the history in the t-rock vs the private school and 100 wins on the line for the coach.
BUT
the game between sands and water valley could be a great one
AND
the game between meadow and rankin could be one of the best

i encourage any fan of excitement (oh yes i meant 6 man football) to be in the stands to observe
the hard work by kids and coaches

i hope that neither game is desided by a yellow hanky and im equally sure the men who wear those stripe shirts hope it is not either.

kbjoe1":1fcshdx9 said:
i hope that neither game is desided by a yellow hanky and im equally sure the men who wear those stripe shirts hope it is not either.

BUT, if it works out that way, what will the losers' fans have to post about next week?

I'm torn on this one. The coach at Gail is a SIlverton boy, so there's that. I also like WV and want them to do well.

I'm picking WV by 3.

WV Backer":1lgx8hlg said:
I'm a little confused, rainjack. WV plays Sands (Ackerly) not Borden County (Gail). Am I just not catching something?

Got the towns wrong. I meant Ackerly. But I think the outcome would be about the same if you were playing BC.

I think Sands is in for a surprise. The Water Valley defense is pretty solid and defense wins games, especially when it comes to the playoff atmosphere (this one feels like one to me for some reason). You can not predict this Friday's outcome based on how each team played against Sterling City.... but... for the fun of it and to keep the pot stirred... I can't help but look at how many points were given up by WV and Sands when they played SC. WV gave up 34 and Sands gave up 46. I attended the WV vs SC game and did not attend the Sands vs SC game, but I know that one of the scores SC made against WV was more or less a gift. I'm sure someone will say there was a gift by Sands as well last week. I like WV's homefield (and packed stands) advantage and we're lucky to have an outstanding coach. Turnover's could definitely be a factor and that would include those onside kicks that Sands likes so much (for good reason apparently). I'm looking forward to a great playoff-like game between a couple of evenly ranked teams, but those mustangs will feel like pack mules when it's over!!!

donkey+2.bmp

GO WILDCATS!!!

Mustangs":3f7inc2r said:
How is water valley under rated? Beat the mustangs. Beat Rankin and you'll be ranked top three. Number six in ranking looks pretty good to me. Water valley beat Sterling city by 30 Sands 45 Sterling city with 2 min. In third at Sterling city and ur ranked ahead of Sands. Underrated ur not!!!

I guess I thought "all year" meant all year... sorry.

Back