San Saba County Championship Game

Johnny South

Six-man pro
Well folks, it is that time of year again! The San Saba County Championship is on the line this Friday night in Richland Springs. The Cherokee Indians and the Richland Springs Coyotes are tied for first place in District play and the winner of this game will be the 2016 District Champions!

The Indians are pumped and ready to take on the Coyotes who are currently the #1 overall ranked team in the state and the 2015 DII State Champions!

What do you say folks? Is it going to be the barn burner that the coffee shop quarterbacks say it will be?
(I have an opinion but I want to hear yours first)

From these numerous and varied responses, I believe that I should rephrase the question.

Is anyone besides me going to RS on Friday night to witness the contest?
Their concession stand does put out a fine burger.

I guess that I did get a little carried away with my original post. But I just thought I might drum up a little interest in the "County Championship Game"!

When will Cherokee and Richland Springs merge schools? That would make a dandy D1 school. You could call it Cherokee Springs CSD and build it in Sloan.......

Maybe if OBK would move in to Sloan community and build a nuclear power plant on the banks of the San Saba River, create thousands of jobs and become President of the consolidated school board............ yeah it could happen........

Back