Saint Jo vs Newcastle

phimutau

Six-man pro
Another very important game for D1-District 9 is upon us. I wanted to start this thread to get some back and forth on this game. I am drinking the Panther Kool-Aid, but what are other's thoughts?
Newcastle leads the series 5-0

2014 - Newcastle W 54-6
2015 - Newcastle W 51-6
2016 - Newcaslte W 63-12
2017 - Newcaslte W 82-60
2018 - Newcastle W 72-60
2019 - ???

Newcastle is sneaky good, did they even lose any starters from last year? Also, Perrin is sneaky good. And then you have Saint Jo who's hungry. Going to be an interesting district race.
* I take Saint Jo in a close one over Newcastle, I think they turn the corner this year.

It will depend on the RB twin. If he goes into his dancing mode in the backfield St Jo will walk off with a convincing win. If he turns the corner and runs downhill he is hard to stop. It will be a ballgame and will probably depend on the extra points. Watch the May film, Newcastle played two completely different games first half to second half. They just run out of time.

Seen all three teams play. I won’t be suprised at all if saint jo 45s them both. The other two teams don’t have near the caliber of athletes saint jo has fielded this year from what I saw. At the least I think they win both easily.

saint jo has also only given up 36 points total this year! Newcastle and Perrin aren’t even close to anything like that defensively.

Saint Jo is very talented. #20 runs really hard. But they haven’t played any real strong competition. If they can jump on Newcastle early that could be it. If they don’t and let Newcastle hang around it could be a really good game. I will take Newcastle by 12 . They have played a brutal schedule with Blackwell , Gordon , Jonesboro and you will not find any better blocking team than the May Tigers. Both teams 45’d Bryson. So I will take the dog that has been in a fight.

Tough Enough":3hca4gwi said:
Saint Jo is very talented. #20 runs really hard. But they haven’t played any real strong competition. If they can jump on Newcastle early that could be it. If they don’t and let Newcastle hang around it could be a really good game. I will take Newcastle by 12 . They have played a brutal schedule with Blackwell , Gordon , Jonesboro and you will not find any better blocking team than the May Tigers. Both teams 45’d Bryson. So I will take the dog that has been in a fight.

Probably the best/most fair assessment I've read with this matchup. Great points on both teams, experience and a tough schedule do give you an advantage compared to the other who has had a softer schedule. I personally think it will be a dog fight and could go either way. I just like Saint Jo this year, my opinion. As I've stated before, the players are very athletic, well-coached, probably the most disciplined they've been, you can see the work ethic, and I think they just make that next step this year. Same can be said about Newcastle though. Sounds like a game of the week

I wish the public had access to game film. This was one hard fought game. 72-70 with 1 min to go. Newcastle pulls off the win 79-70. Hats off to the Bobcats.

We will have to take care of business against Perrin-Whitt and see where the chips fall with the 3-way tie.

What a game to watch! As for next week, I think Saint Jo will mop the floor with Perrin, not sure how the point differential tiebreaker will work with three teams each having one loss, But I am sure there’s an expert on this webpage with the answer to that question. Newcastle having one loss versus Perrin By four points, Saint Jo with one loss versus Newcastle by 9 and I think the Panthers clobber the Pirates next Friday.

Went to this game. Both teams played hard. It was a really good game. Looks like the Bobcats have flipped the switch and are playing really well. Saint Jo did not disappoint but like I said earlier first time all year to be tested. As far as Tie breakers are concerned I believe it goes like this.

Saint Jo is a -9
Perrin is a + 4
Newcastle is a + 5
So if Saint Jo beats Perrin by more than 16 points
1st Saint Jo
2nd Newcastle

Perrin wins
1st Perrin
2nd Newcastle

Saint Jo wins by 8 or less
1st Newcastle
2nd Perrin

Tough Enough":18qav39d said:
Went to this game. Both teams played hard. It was a really good game. Looks like the Bobcats have flipped the switch and are playing really well. Saint Jo did not disappoint but like I said earlier first time all year to be tested. As far as Tie breakers are concerned I believe it goes like this.

Saint Jo is a -9
Perrin is a + 4
Newcastle is a + 5
1st Saint Jo
2nd Newcastle

Perrin wins
1st Perrin
2nd Newcastle

1st Newcastle
2nd Perrin

It really depends on the district, some do the point tie breaker for first but then base second off of the head to head between the next two tied teams. Some do points to eliminate one and then head to head for remaining two. Some just do a coin flip for first and the head to head for second. Some do a coin flip to eliminate one and then either head to head for first and second or flip again for first second. Some do it the way you described and if you know that is how this district does it then I am totally speaking out of turn and please disregard.

Shad Kline":17jkycws said:
Tough Enough":17jkycws said:

Saint Jo is a -9
Perrin is a + 4
Newcastle is a + 5
1st Saint Jo
2nd Newcastle

Perrin wins
1st Perrin
2nd Newcastle

1st Newcastle
2nd Perrin

It really depends on the district, some do the point tie breaker for first but then base second off of the head to head between the next two tied teams. Some do points to eliminate one and then head to head for remaining two. Some just do a coin flip for first and the head to head for second. Some do a coin flip to eliminate one and then either head to head for first and second or flip again for first second. Some do it the way you described and if you know that is how this district does it then I am totally speaking out of turn and please disregard.
Along those same lines, some districts cap the max point spreads at 15, 14, or even 13 points. So that's important too if they do a point differential.

D1 district 9 tie breaker is explained under uil playoff scenarios bu pimatau. Points are only used to determine winner so saint job beats Perrin by 15 they get +6 and are winner. Second place is determined by head to head and Perrin beat Newcastle. Only way Perrin gets in is to win. Saint jo is 7 pt favorite at
home and averaging 56+ per game allowing 11+ per game. Newcastle stays home if saint jo wins by 15! This is per the district tie breaker for the district

Back