Runningbacks

sj6man

11-man fan
I am still historically new to 6 man football. Been following it for about 15 years now. I would like to see some of the more experienced and seasoned 6 man fans opinions. Do you prefer to watch down hill running teams or spread teams? Do you prefer watching traditional runningbacks or the more common spreadbacks?

Disclaimer: I have a son that is a runningback so I tend to pay closer attention to this position compared to others.

I like to watch a good team play. That usually involves at least 6 players not just one. If your team revolves around just one player, whether it is a SB or a tailback, they will likely get beat by a team that can play team defense.

I like to watch a good team play. That usually involves at least 6 players not just one. If your team revolves around just one player, whether it is a SB or a tailback, they will likely get beat by a team that can play team defense.
Oh I definitely agree with you. I have seen that happen before for sure. I was just curious if people have preferences of spread vs tight formations to watch.

Oh I definitely agree with you. I have seen that happen before for sure. I was just curious if people have preferences of spread vs tight formations to watch.
I like to watch a team that runs a good tight formation. Garden City back in the day was fun to watch. But I will admit it was also fun watching TE at Richland Springs running the spread.

I prefer running backs that run to and through contact out of the tight formations. Strawn had a great running back named Steve Nunez (1967-1969)who bulldozed opposing defenses so good that TCU came to campus to check him out back in 1969. Steve also played linebacker for the stingy Strawn defense. Strawn's Coach Lee has a habit of rotating several players as running backs so a fan will get to see several different styles of runners often over the course of a game. Lorenzo Garcia is the current bulldozer on the squad. He loves contact! Some of the other running backs are more of the shifty speed merchant variety. The Rigdon brothers are exciting experienced running backs worth watching too.

I am still historically new to 6 man football. Been following it for about 15 years now. I would like to see some of the more experienced and seasoned 6 man fans opinions. Do you prefer to watch down hill running teams or spread teams? Do you prefer watching traditional runningbacks or the more common spreadbacks?

Disclaimer: I have a son that is a runningback so I tend to pay closer attention to this position compared to others.
You know I don’t think it really matters to me. (As if my opinion matters) If he is a good runner (fast, hard, etc) it’s exciting whatever position you want to call it. One year my son’s team used 9 different kids running the football. All contributed. Fun to watch.

I love watching a good blocking team run out of a tight formation, with the RB running downhill taking on all comers. That being said, watching a RB put a move on a LB or S and then bee lining it to the end zone is awesome as well. It really all depends on the RB and their style and what you want to see as a fan.

Personally, I just like watching gifted athletes go to work, regardless of their position.

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd probably say spread back just because I like watching spreadbacks who have the patience, quickness and agility to scramble in the backfield, the arm strength and accuracy to hit receivers down the field, but also have the speed to open it up in the open field when passing won't work.

Both are fun to watch. Say a Tyler Ethridge or Dewayne Myles (though I never saw the latter, so say Ben Crockett). Most great teams need at least little of both. To keep the defense honest. Though TE's total combined yards or record cannot be denied regarding excitement and entertainment en total.

Personally, I just like watching gifted athletes go to work, regardless of their position.

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd probably say spread back just because I like watching spreadbacks who have the patience, quickness and agility to scramble in the backfield, the arm strength and accuracy to hit receivers down the field, but also have the speed to open it up in the open field when passing won't work.
Totally agree.

Back