Runge Yellow Jackets

I was told during the summer that they'd be playing six-man this year. I got the team all set up then someone told me they changed their minds and decided to stay 11-man. I hate that it didn't work out for them, for the kids. Wish they would've just stuck with the decision, assuming at one time it was the decision, to stay six-man.

Runge has been toying with going 6 man for almost 20 years now. The last few times it came up travel was the issue along with the fact that most of the folks there wanted to stay 11 man.

I say…welcome to the club. It gives me an opportunity to visit a new location. I will have to google that town. Never heard of it. I recently tried to tally up how many miles we have driven to games and all the different towns over the past twenty years to no avail. Lets just say it’s a lot.

They aren't far from San Antonio Area Teams and Corpus/Victoria Teams, and Prairie Lea is close as well. If Life Gate Still had a team that would've been perfect. Laredo is always trying to fill their schedule. There are plenty of opportunities for games this year and in many years to come I think.

They aren't far from San Antonio Area Teams and Corpus/Victoria Teams, and Prairie Lea is close as well. If Life Gate Still had a team that would've been perfect. Laredo is always trying to fill their schedule. There are plenty of opportunities for games this year and in many years to come I think.
A number of years ago, I was asked to go down to Tilden and speak to the school board as there were some parents that wanted to bring in six-man football there. This was in the middle of the Eagle Ford oil boom and the school was awash with money. They already had great facilities --- including a stadium that was built for track and field and could easily have been converted to six-man football. They had the weight room and other infrastructure as well. The superintendent was a guy who had run a school near Richland Springs and was aware of sixman from their success. The locals did some computations and found that the football team would travel fewer miles than their basketball team or volleyball team traveled, as they could find more than enough private school opponents within 100 miles. Prairie Lea and Medina were the closest UIL schools at the time.

Afterwards, I asked my host whatever happened. Well, the AD at the school was the basketball coach and he didn't want football to horn in on his sport. The superintendent said it would cost them a million dollars to convert their facilities and do the start up costs. I told my friend that I'd be willing to do the job for $900,000 and expected to make a very, very hefty profit.

I doubt Seguin Lifegate will be bringing back football. Sad, but true, I'll leave it at that.

Why did it give me nothing on LSFN if they go back to 1915? Best year ever 2012, 9-3. 3 other 7 win seasons in 11 man, they should have moved Up to Six Man if they wanted to be competitive years ago.

I would guess its hard for communities to give up 11 man.

Are any of the 1A sized schools playing 11 man having success?

Numbers have to make it near impossible

I would guess its hard for communities to give up 11 man.

Are any of the 1A sized schools playing 11 man having success?

Numbers have to make it near impossible
Boy’s Ranch 104 LY: 7-5 Current: 2-5
Crosbyton 100 LY: 1-9 Current: 0-6
Morton 97 LY: 2-8 Current: 4-2
Iraan 86 LY: 4-6 Current: 3-3
Water Valley 104 LY: 3-7 Current: 1-5
Abilene TLC 86.45 LY: 0-10 Current: ??
Cross Plains 100.5 LY: 7-4 Current: 2-4
Electra 94 LY: 0-10 Current: 3-3
Munday 73 LY: 3-7 Current: 0-7
Meridian 100 LY: 1-9 Current: 1-6
D’Hanis 101 LY: 7-5 Current: 1-6
Rocksprings 81 LY: 6-4 Current: 3-1
Bruni 88 LY 6-4 Current: 3-4
Pettus 103 LY: 3-8 Current: 2-4

Boy’s Ranch 104 LY: 7-5 Current: 2-5
Crosbyton 100 LY: 1-9 Current: 0-6
Morton 97 LY: 2-8 Current: 4-2
Iraan 86 LY: 4-6 Current: 3-3
Water Valley 104 LY: 3-7 Current: 1-5
Abilene TLC 86.45 LY: 0-10 Current: ??
Cross Plains 100.5 LY: 7-4 Current: 2-4
Electra 94 LY: 0-10 Current: 3-3
Munday 73 LY: 3-7 Current: 0-7
Meridian 100 LY: 1-9 Current: 1-6
D’Hanis 101 LY: 7-5 Current: 1-6
Rocksprings 81 LY: 6-4 Current: 3-1
Bruni 88 LY 6-4 Current: 3-4
Pettus 103 LY: 3-8 Current: 2-4
Crosbyton, Munday and Meridian would be wise to drop. I believe it would help them tremendously. Cross Plains would probably have quick success if the went 6 man also

Isnt the number less than 104 so arent Boys Ranch and Water Valley 2A by the numbers.

Region 2 in 2A pretty heavy with the 1A sized schools with Iraan, Abilene TLC, Cross Plains, Electra, and Munday.

Region 4 seems better off

2A D2 District 15 with D'Hanis and Rocksrpings, both which can compete with the 2A schools of Sabinal, Bracketville, LaPryor, Charlotte, and Center Point.

2A D2 District 16 has Bruni and Pettus, which will always be playoff teams since its a four team district.

Back