Rule Changes Just For Fun

LeeMac

11-man fan
Just for fun, lets see how we can change the rules in the direction that they are heading.
Such as: 15 yd unsportsman for glaring across the line at your opponent.
5 yard penalty if you touch the ball player and he doesnt stop running.
15 yard if you touch the runner to hard and he falls down.
10 yard penalty if the coach doesnt listen to the pros in the stands.
And so forth.

Old Bearkat":3o7diwry said:
79 yard penalty and loss of down for scoring that 45th point.......

That is, if you score it before halftime ... it really is a bummer to lose that halftime concessions business.

Oh, yeah, and manditory self-esteem classes and counseling for the guys always getting beat by 45.

15 yard penalty on the extra point attempt for celebration if your fans cheer too loudly when you score and hurt the feelings of the other team/fans (in extreme cases this can cause the TD to be called back and a 15 yard penalty, judgement call by the official).

Every time a kid scores a td, we move him to the other team, so he can score one for that team too. That will keep the score more even.

If the home team's frito pie
is better
than the one the visiting team makes back at their place,
then the concession stand
has to give them away for free to the visiting team's fans.
Wouldn't want any Momma's to feel bad bout their Pie recipe.

Change the mascots to something less intimidating.
Approved choices:
1. Butterflies
2. Puppies
3. Kittens
4. Unicorns (this one already exists - New Braunfels)
5. Worms
6. Grasshoppers
7. Accountants (also exists - R-jack)
8. Sloths
9. Meerkats
10. Lemurs
11. Squirrels (that ones for you Doggy)

hornkeeper12":h5ef9mvx said:
Approved choices:
1. Butterflies
2. Puppies
3. Kittens
5. Worms
6. Grasshoppers
8. Sloths
9. Meerkats
10. Lemurs

Got another one ... any private school/Christian school that uses "Eagles" as a mascot must spot their opponent 14 points because, hey, every stinkin private school seems to use "Eagles" and you should get penalized for lack of creativity if nothing else ... there once was a TAPPS district where all of the schools had "Eagles" as their mascot (although one, probably specializing in arts or something creative, was the "Golden Eagles.").

OK, call me crazy but I'm really serious about this one...

Do away with the mercy rule at half time. Instead, if a team is up by 45 or more at half, they must kickoff to start the second half - even if they kicked at the beginning of the game. If it's still 45 or more after the kickoff, then that's it. If not, play on. That way, all these people who put in so much hard work in the concession stands, pom and cheer teams, bands and all the rest can enjoy the fruits of their labors. Just think about how much money is lost by concession stands seeing the tail lights of the opposing team...

Howdy_85":1joma0be said:

Do away with the mercy rule at half time. Instead, if a team is up by 45 or more at half, they must kickoff to start the second half - even if they kicked at the beginning of the game. If it's still 45 or more after the kickoff, then that's it. If not, play on. That way, all these people who put in so much hard work in the concession stands, pom and cheer teams, bands and all the rest can enjoy the fruits of their labors. Just think about how much money is lost by concession stands seeing the tail lights of the opposing team...

The politically correct, feel-good way to do this would be to give the team on the wrong end of being 45'd 3 points for every touchdown that puts the winners over the 45 limit and no extra points allowed for them too. The losers can get 3 for kicking and 2 for running EP's.

The 0bama way would be to change the rules on te whim of the refs.

hornkeeper12":2ageocgg said:
Approved choices:
1. Butterflies
2. Puppies
3. Kittens
5. Worms
6. Grasshoppers
8. Sloths
9. Meerkats
10. Lemurs
Squirrels? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks alot!
What about the
Bunnies
Chiwawas
or
Possums.

Dogface":1pnv1cfj said:
hornkeeper12":1pnv1cfj said:
Doggy)
Squirrels? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks alot!
What about the
Bunnies
Chiwawas
or
Possums.

Can't approve the chiwawas. Them little SOBs is too mean.

oldfat&bald":1crz86et said:
Dogface":1crz86et said:
hornkeeper12":1crz86et said:
Doggy)
Thanks alot!
What about the
Bunnies
Chiwawas
or
Possums.

And possums scare the crap out of me, with their little creepy eyes and hissing. So they're out.

hornkeeper12":19g46qyo said:
oldfat&bald":19g46qyo said:
Dogface":19g46qyo said:
hornkeeper12":19g46qyo said:
Doggy)
Thanks alot!
What about the
Bunnies
Chiwawas
or
Possums.

And possums scare the crap out of me, with their little creepy eyes and hissing. So they're out.

OK.
So what about Toads?
or Slugs?
Perhaps non-living items like the Pens or Pencils
or Paperclips?
Would food items be less threatening?

Howdy_85":1a779nxq said:

Agree with the concessions aspect (what 6m school doesn't need the $). Buttt, do most teams getting 45'd want to keep going or think they have a chance to come back? What if it's say 72-0 at the half (which I've seen)?

Back