RIP Robin Williams

I just watched the birdcage the other night. What a tragedy! We lost a true comedic genius. Makes you realize how precious, and fragile life can be.

I was going to say "nanu-nanu, Mork" - but only a handful of folks would even know what I was saying. Sad end for a guy who was, by most all reports, a total class dude.

I don't think I was the only junior-hi kid what owned a pair of extra-wide rainbow suspenders. I mean I had them way before Robin Williams - he just made it so I didn't get beat up for wearing them.

Does anyone remember the football movie he was in with Kurt Russell, "The Best of Times" ???

I bet I watched that movie a million times growing up!

Anybody who can make "nanu, nanu" a national catch phrase had to be a genius. And he truly was a comedic genius as well as a gifted dramatic actor.
A lot of people forget he won an oscar for "Good Will Hunting"......

From what I understand, he did USO shows for the troops all the time. That speaks well of him. It's a crying damn shame that someone who brought so much laughter and joy to others couldn't have had more of it himself.

oldfat&bald":1abbtxrj said:
From what I understand, he did USO shows for the troops all the time. That speaks well of him. It's a crying damn shame that someone who brought so much laughter and joy to others couldn't have had more of it himself.

Well said OFB

Black-Gold":1pvwne2s said:
Does anyone remember the football movie he was in with Kurt Russell, "The Best of Times" ???

great Movie! Jack Dundee "You better watch out Dr. Death, I'm pretty dang fast for a Caucasian."

Jack to Reno Ï can catch the ball!"

Definitely going to miss Mr. Williams. He was in a league of his own in Standup and adlib.
And while I am saddened by his passing, it might bring to light the difficulties dealing with addiction and depression and might give opportunities to help someone who otherwise wouldn't seek help. They are both IMHO diseases.

RoscoeSparks11":bxvs63dr said:
Black-Gold":bxvs63dr said:

great Movie! Jack Dundee "You better watch out Dr. Death, I'm pretty dang fast for a Caucasian."

Jack to Reno Ï can catch the ball!"

Definitely going to miss Mr. Williams. He was in a league of his own in Standup and adlib.
And while I am saddened by his passing, it might bring to light the difficulties dealing with addiction and depression and might give opportunities to help someone who otherwise wouldn't seek help. They are both IMHO diseases.

Great Movie!

oldfat&bald":2j29qwj4 said:

He did that for sure. I have a good friend who is a retired Army colonel who got to know him when WIlliams did a series of USO shows at Khandahar AFB back in 2006/7. He had a lot of respect for him for what he did for the troops even though they were complete opposites politically.

Back