Richland Springs vs Sterling City

Number 2 vs Number 5 in this week's Uber rankings. Could be a barn burner. I can't wait. Of course this is assuming they each take care of business this next weekend.

I'm the resident High Island apologist, but I think the topic should be Richland Springs vs High Island. I'm not saying High Island will win but I think they will be competitive and test RS. Doesn't seem like HI is getting much love on the boards or rankings. I guess this is viewed as a put up or shut up week for them by some folks.

I will never stand accused of having much love for the Sterling City Eagles but, that notwithstanding, I find myself rooting for the Eagles to make a game of this one. I'm not naïve enough to think they'll win but they did extend Happy all the way and dismantled a Buena Vista team that was ranked in the top 10 at the time. They have a VERY good running back in Tavenn Raynor as well as talented players in Brenden Sisco and Lathen Horwood to go with him. Considering the way RS dispatched Zephyr, this may be the toughest game RS has all year... at least until they meet up with Calvert.

WV Backer":22xz2v6r said:
I will never stand accused of having much love for the Sterling City Eagles but, that notwithstanding, I find myself rooting for the Eagles to make a game of this one. I'm not naïve enough to think they'll win but they did extend Happy all the way and dismantled a Buena Vista team that was ranked in the top 10 at the time. They have a VERY good running back in Tavenn Raynor as well as talented players in Brenden Sisco and Lathen Horwood to go with him. Considering the way RS dispatched Zephyr, this may be the toughest game RS has all year... at least until they meet up with Calvert.

You have to admit RS is levels above SC. In all honesty RS is probably the best six man team in all of Texas this year....

Richland springs is not unbeatable....They have flaws just like every other team, there flaws might be microscopic, nut there still flaws. I do see them winning state, but if you think there going to 45, Milford, Calvert, Crowell, and balmorhea in consecutive weeks your crazy... believe it or not but richland will be tested this year

I won't argue with you there Caprock; remember I said I don't have much love for the Eagles. However, I don't really care for the Coyotes and the RS mafia much either so I'm hoping for a full game. I also grudgingly concur with your assessment of RS as the best six man team in Texas... respect is one thing, admiration is another.

90sLegend":1xybsww3 said:
Richland springs is not unbeatable....They have flaws just like every other team, there flaws might be microscopic, nut there still flaws. I do see them winning state, but if you think there going to 45, Milford, Calvert, Crowell, and balmorhea in consecutive weeks your crazy... believe it or not but richland will be tested this year

I'm not saying they can't be beat. But their tradion is more than amazing I mean I take my hat off for what they have done. And I might be wrong about a few games every now and then but I do see them 45 Ing everyone but maybe Calvert. But remember all good things come to an end RS will have its fair share of bad seasons one of these days.

Caprock kid":ht2420qd said:
90sLegend":ht2420qd said:

I'm not saying they can't be beat. But their tradion is more than amazing I mean I take my hat off for what they have done. And I might be wrong about a few games every now and then but I do see them 45 Ing everyone but maybe Calvert. But remember all good things come to an end RS will have its fair share of bad seasons one of these days.

RS had plenty of bad seasons in all of the 70's, 80s, & 90's. Three decades of bad.
We've been hearing "all good things come to an end" since 2007.
Last I checked a 1 point win is just as good as a 45 point win.
You don't get a bigger trophy or bigger print in the newspapers for 45ing teams. RS's goal is not to 45 anyone, just win by one baby.
BTW, we certainly appreciate all the "motivational" commits from a lot of y'all! Keep'em coming!

WV Backer":292inggq said:
You got "motivation" out of that? Dude, you're really reaching aren't you?

Sure.
I'm not getting motivated out of it, but I'll pass it on to our kids.
I get motivated just watching Coyote practices.
Love it. Keep it coming. Your doing great.

Bill O'Rielly":3asn9jgr said:
WV Backer":3asn9jgr said:

Sure.
They get more done in an hour of practice than most. They start building athletes in 4th grade. They BELIEVE they're unstoppable and until some young coach adopts their exact protocols then it will stay that way.

ol' gus":2woesvzp said:
Bill O'Rielly":2woesvzp said:
WV Backer":2woesvzp said:

Sure.
They get more done in an hour of practice than most. They start building athletes in 4th grade. They BELIEVE they're unstoppable and until some young coach adopts their exact protocols then it will stay that way.

And it doesn't hurt to pluck a kid from a neighboring town every now and then either...just saying.

You picked up the stick to beat that dead horse pretty quick Eaglepride............ you learned the fallback excuse well.............

EaglePrideFan":24v5m0wh said:
ol' gus":24v5m0wh said:
Bill O'Rielly":24v5m0wh said:
WV Backer":24v5m0wh said:

Sure.

And it doesn't hurt to pluck a kid from a neighboring town every now and then either...just saying.

Eagle PF, You had me believing that you actually had a real game up. I had already told the old lady to pack up the van and be ready to leave out early Saturday morning for Mt. Calm.
Then here you go crawfishing and going to the excuse bucket. You know that you really could be wrong, and High Island just might be better than your second thoughts.
I don't think that I would call you a real dyed in the wool High Islander.

EaglePrideFan":3omr1oca said:
ol' gus":3omr1oca said:
Bill O'Rielly":3omr1oca said:
WV Backer":3omr1oca said:

Sure.

EPF,
Bet you didn't know that the starting 6 for RS are all foster kids!
You want to talk bad about foster kids, the floor is yours. I'm waiting.

Back