Religion???

markf

Six-man fan
In no way is this post intended to offend anyone.
Just some questions about religion.
Religion? Why do we have several different Religions?
Let's see,Nothing against none of them.,Babtist,Methodist,Prespterian[sp?] Catholic,Church of Christ....etc..........List goes on.
Could it be that Religion is Man's made rule's .Not God's??
Does God get mad if i go dancing? I don't think so.
Why did God put fish on this earth..To me it's to eat Anytime i like.
Does God really care how we dress up in Church?-I think many people do.Not God,He's happy to see you in his house.
Why do some of the leaders and pastors of certain demonation's dress up in Robes,Cloaks? They are no different than any of us,,,We are all people of God.
I wonder if all these different religions are Satin trying to Divide God's people up??
Jesus said where two or three or gathered,seek me.
Religion can be garbage...Man's Rule's,Not God's
Religion is not going to get you anywhere.
You see folks, it takes a Relationship with Jesus -one on one.
Not to offend anyone-But whats up with this confession thing?
You mean to tell me,God wants you to confess you're sins to another Human being? Like God don't already know? I just don't get?
Hypocrites? Were all Hypocrites...to a certain extend.Had a person tell me,why are you getting on to me when you did the same thing...True--Gods loves Hypocrites--My Rightousness is like filthy rags.....
Why Religion? Seems to me it's someone?? trying to tell you how to worship our God? People??
Realtionship--Not Religion--Just fell down off my soapbox-But i WILL get up!

I'm not a theologian. I don't attend church as much as I know I need, either, so I'm not speaking from a position of biblical authority. Nonetheless, as a man I know where your coming from with this line of questioning. To me it's okay to have these kinds of thoughts, especially if your genuinely seeking some truth. I doubt He wants us to be automatons, after all He gave us our brains with the ability to reason with logic. I believe it is important to approach this type of question with a reverent mind though, otherwise you encourage something else to enter.
You sound like a man of faith, and I support your effort to find a better understanding. I don't know much, but I will help where I can.

These different denominations you mentioned aren't really separate religions. They are all Christian. Remember the catholic Church was the first christian church for centuries until Martin Luther, a catholic priest ( I think) challenged several church practices as unbiblical. Eventually he broke away from the catholic church in protest and formed the Lutheran church, named after him. To make a long story short, that was the beginning of the protestant movement. But protestants are themselves christian. All catholic and most protestant churches are still considered christian. But I wouldn't consider JW christian because they do not believe that Christ was the son of God, rather just a great prophet of God. Well, then that would make Jesus a liar, therefore not even a prophet. He said He was the son of God---I believe Him.

The question of what you wear is about reverance in some peoples' eyes. But He welcomes any filthy sinner as well as the manicured saint. But some people might be judgemental. I don't worry about that though, but probably should. I surely wouldn't dress in a way that might offend someone who visits the church, that might be a case of being a stumbling block to them becoming interested in the church.

The scripture that says, Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. To me that is easy to understand---He is present anytime and anywhere, and He listens...thank Heaven for that comforting thought.

For the rest of your questions I encourage you to just go speak with a church leader. I've never met one who wasn't helpful in every way possible. Just hold on to your faith, brother. I know He is there and it sounds like you do too.

Your statement is what knowing and loving Jesus is all about. That personal relationship with our Savior, One on One. As for the different churches I remember Jesus preaching in the tabernacles and on the banks of rivers. That's what our Bibles says. To me it doesn't matter what denomination we are, we are all one in Jesus. I think if people want to go to church that's wonderful. We all need to be fed the word of God everyday but I will shock everyone here, I haven't been to church in ages. Because Jesus lives in my heart. Thats what he said he would do if I accepted HIM with all my heart and believed he is the Son of God. Our Bible says that if anyone accept Jesus into their hearts they will be saved. Jesus doesn't care what we wear, he doesn't care what we look like, all he cares about is knowing we love him so completely in everything we do. He wants us to worship HIM in our Private Areas(Rooms). He wants us to live by the laws he places in our hearts. To always be thankful for the good and bad. To trust him in every area of our lives. If a person chooses to go to church and really goes for the right reasons (to worship Jesus), then that's ok, If some people Praise God's Name and worships him in their closets, then that's ok with Jesus too. We are all sinners and those who ask Jesus to live in them forever are saved by his grace and mercy. Being granted mercy doesn't give us a right to continue to sin when our hearts tell us, this is wrong, it means were to try to live for Jesus and the things that please Jesus. We all fall short, but Jesus says, I paid that price for your soul on the cross. I did it once and for all, it is finished. So like a special person told me, Love Jesus with all Your Heart and just live. I believe Jesus is about Love and that's what he expects of us. If we can all love one another, I know this would be so pleasing to our precious Lord Jesus. Accept Jesus into your heart, trust him in ever situation, Praise and Worship Him No Matter Where Your at and Thank him in all things. Jesus isn't about our clothes, He isn't about how many times we go to chruch, he's not about the food we eat, He's all about how much we love him.

MarkF, despite my own shortcomings, I firmly believe He desires for us to fellowship with others, both within the flock(church) and without(world). There is tons of scripture to support that. And remember that Christ attended the local synagogues and met with hundreds and thousands of people in fellowship in order to spread the "good news". What Melanie says is true of course, but we were created for fellowship. Some more than others. And don't forget the "Great Commission", to go throughout the world and testify the gospel, and that often means to gather together with both believers and sometimes unbelievers.
To me the biggest problem facing christianity is the lack of personal witness and testimony. Too many christians want to hunker down at home and keep to themselves, content to watch their favorite christian program on the television, happy to be fed the word from the tube. Of course many more are content to limit their faith to once or twice a week inside their own church, too afraid to shine their light outside the church walls. All they do is eat the Word, but never flex the power it is intended to provide. I once lived seventy-five feet from a church that had a good reputation in the community. I was young, married and had four toddlers running around the entire area for over a year. Not once did anyone ever approach our door from that church. To me that is a bad testimony.I can't see where Jesus would approve of this from ablebodied believers.

It does start on the inside, though, but then it should spread. But it doesn't have to spread very far. China and Africa are fine, but we have huge missionary fields in our very own neighborhood s. Good luck!!!

Whats so beautiful is that we are congragating tonight in the Name of Our Lord Jesus. BE your so right, not enough testemony in what God has done for us. In chruch or on a Fantastic Message Board. The life of living for Jesus is so simple. He loves us for who we are. No matter what sins have happened in the past, the second we ask Jesus into our lives is the second we are forgiven of sin. I was brought up in church. I was saved, baptised then after the good people of the church saw their mission was done and my soul would be with Jesus, I was forgotten. I had more attention being a sinner than I did in church. I know all churches aren't that way and I speaking one of my own testemonies. We should all shout out the name of Jesus without any shame. Jesus says if were ashamed to speak of HIM in front of others, then when our final judgement day gets here, he will be ashamed of us. Jesus is so loving that he gives us a choice, to love and accept him or to deny him. We can't ride the fence. It's one way or the other. When our kids do wrong or something we don't approve of, we never stop loving them, that's the same way Jesus loves us. Jesus may no always answers our prayers in the way we want them to happen, but he has a better plan. One of of my testemonies was praying and sending out request for a little 6 month old boy. We didn't hear any updates for a long time. We were praying for his healing because he was afflicted with Meningitis. We believed, we cried out to God to heal this precious little boy. Well God took the child home to be with him. I cried for days and asked God why????? I couldn't understand how he would choose to make that baby an angel, then I had to really check out my why question. Some things are not for us to understand but to trust that Jesus knows what he's doing. I love people and I love to pray for their needs. I've seen God's miracles then I've seen things happen that didn't work the way I asked. I had to make a decision and that's to trust Jesus completely knowing that he's in control and he knows the reasons. Most of the time God allows what we ask him for because he wants to give us all things, our hearts desires but I've found that if our prayers don't happen the exact way we want them to happen, God has a better plan for our lives and the others that we pray for. Anyone can call me a fanatic because that is exactly what I am for Our Lord Jesus. I can't breathe one second without him, I can't get through a day without him, I can't think wthout him, I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT HIM. He's every breath I take. He controls my enitire life because I choose him too. My God is everything to me, EVERYTHING...

markf":2zjw7ztm said:
In no way is this post intended to offend anyone.
Just some questions about religion.
Religion? Why do we have several different Religions?
Let's see,Nothing against none of them.,Babtist,Methodist,Prespterian[sp?] Catholic,Church of Christ....etc..........List goes on.
Could it be that Religion is Man's made rule's .Not God's??
Does God get mad if i go dancing? I don't think so.
Why did God put fish on this earth..To me it's to eat Anytime i like.
Does God really care how we dress up in Church?-I think many people do.Not God,He's happy to see you in his house.
Why do some of the leaders and pastors of certain demonation's dress up in Robes,Cloaks? They are no different than any of us,,,We are all people of God.
I wonder if all these different religions are Satin trying to Divide his people up??
Jesus said where two or three or gathered,seek me.
Religion can be garbage...Man's Rule's,Not God's
Religion is not going to get you anywhere.
You mean to tell me,God wants you to confess you're sins to another Human being? Like God don't already know? I just don't get?
Hypocrites? Were all Hypocrites...to a certain extend.Had a person tell me,why are you getting on to me when you did the same thing...True--Gods loves Hypocrites--My Rightousness is like filthy rags.....
Why Religion? Seems to me it's someone?? trying to tell you how to worship our God? People??
Realtionship--Not Religion--Just fell down off my soapbox-But i WILL get up!

Markf... Your questions are absolutely valid and ones that I have struggled with myself at many times. I had a great Sunday school teacher once that told us "If you do not have questions and doubts, can you really believe?" It took me a long time to figure out what he meant by that.

Anyway, to answer some of your questions...
1) The point that you make that religion is man made is absolutely correct. Nowhere in my Bible does it say that you have to be Methodist, or Baptist, or Catholic... (even though some Catholics would have you to believe it... LOL, I married a Catholic and her family is ruthless!! But that is another debate all together.)

2) It is my belief that God cares not if you dance, drink coffee, etc.... Just like you and What I believe is most importat is a personal relationship. He will put before you what is to be important in your life. It is my opinion that many people get caught up with the intricacies and traditions of a particular church (...again, man made) and loose sight of the bigger picture.

3) We must also realize that the Bible, while absolutely inspired by God, was written, interpreted, and transcribed by man. Prone to the interpretations and some contridictions that are found there... It is my belief that many get caught up in specific passages to make their argument, but once again, loose sight of what the bigger picture of the Bible is. I feel that the Bible is there to let you know how to find salvation, comfort for those that seek it, as well as sort of a documentary of the teachings of Jesus. We put too much stock in interpretations of others rather than finding what speaks to us individually, in my opinion. Portions of the Bible that may speak to you, may not speak to me... It is just that God has a different plan for each of us, and He will put before you what is important to you... once again... my opinion only.

I do not subscribe to a specific religion, but I feel that even through my NUMEROUS struggles with every day life, I am strong in my convictions. I hope this helps you to know that you are not alone, and while I do not claim to have all the answers, I know that no one else on this earth has all the answers, and that somehow gives me comfort to know that I can be just as correct and as knowledgeable as any preacher, preist, or holier than thou mother in law ;-D LOL.

Oop you and I are on the same page where the Bible is concerned. It's a teaching tool on how Jesus lived and how the Lord want's us to live. The interpetations I go by is what God puts on my heart. Living for Jesus is nothing but loving, trusting, believing and thanking Jesus for all things. None of us will ever be perfect until that beautiful day that Jesus Comes. He wants us to live our lives, love others, help others even if all you can help with is prayer. Our God we love is so perfect in every decision he has for our lives. He doesn't watch us and say oops you messed up and turn his back on us, he looks at us with love, and that guilt feeling we have in our hearts, is the Holy Spirit teaching us what we should do or not do. God loves us just like we are and we are where God wants us to be. He wants us to be fishers of men and let people know about his love. I know so many people that say they can't pray to God because they screw up too much. Hey those people are the ones God wants as his children. God's not out to judge us, he's only wants us to love him because he loves us so much. Just love Jesus with all your heart. Praise Him for Everything, and simple go live your life. Don't be ashamed to mention his name, Shout out his name, and brothers and sisters, God will shout out your name with so many blessings. Oh my gosh I can go on and on.

MarkF, your right where God wants you. Keep your heart open to him and those questions and doubts will be filled with Answers. BE, your so right in your post.And I don't know about teaching but your so right in that I love Jesus with all my heart and brother I love you too.

crsarm, and allforhim,BE, Oop and my special friend MarkF Shoot everyone that has posted has shown that your not ashamed to speak of Jesus and my friends, God will not be ashamed to to Shout Out Your Names in times when you need him most.

Thanks to All who posted..
Now i have another question.
John 14 : 6
I [being] Jesus am the way,the truth,and the Life,No one Comes to the Father[God ] But my Me.

My question is,What about the people before Jesus? Was there salavation?
Was there a way to Heaven? Jesus said,No one Comes to the Father But by Me?...

Little Help?:

Before the blood of Christ was shed to cover all sin, a person had to shed the blood of a clean animal for remission of sin. Christians believe that Jesus is the final sacrifice, no further blood is required for forgiveness of sin.
Much changed in Heaven and on earth with the crucifixation. My granddad, a Methodist preacher for forty years, told us that Jesus created Paradise while on the cross. His reasoning was that it had never been mentioned in scripture before that moment. I don't know for sure. My pawpaw thought that paradise was just another term for Heaven--a place of perfection. I was also taught that after Christ died on the cross He went in the spirit to the place of the dead and gave them the testimony of salvation, but I can't quote the appropriate scripture. That is the reason his body laid in the tomb until the third day---He was witnessing to the dead.

There are so many mysteries. When and if I get to Heaven I plan to hang out with Him and ask questions for the first ten thousand years. 8)

Markf, read Hebrews chapter 10 and I think that you will find lots of answers to your question...I wish someone would start an online Bible Study. On that point, I believe that Jesus is the Word of God and the Bible is a book about the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit.

MarkF, I was told this morning to remember that Christ, the Word, was the son of God from the beginning of creation, long before He became the son of man. Jesus was his earthly name only. Therefore a way was provided to the Father from the very beginning. That way or ways has not been given to us because a better way, the resurrection, was provided. Fantastic concept...!

Wow! My preacher addressed this topic this morning.

(1 John 1:9) But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. (NLT)

(James 5:16) Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results. (NLT)

We are commanded to confess our sins to God and to each other. When we do, it does four things: humbles us, helps others see they are not alone, allows people to help us and pray for us, and prepares our hearts for the work of the word and the Holy Spirit. All of these things are vital in our walk with God. We need to strive to live in purity and obedience; we need the love and support of others; we need to have a broken and contrite heart before God. Confession is a key element and opens up the door of change.

(Taken from sermon notes)

Hallelujah MarkF, we are having church, we are One Body of Christ coming together on a Wonderful Football Board where our kids read our post. Every post has followed each post one right after the other. We are joined tgether as One in Jesus. God says for us to seek him and we will find him. Ask and we will recieve. Jesus is the most beautiful answer to any of our lives. I know there are some that are having hard times right now, they have sick children, marriages are on the rocks, Kids are losing their way and being rebellious, but will come back home to their raising. We need Jesus in the worst ways through good and bad. He promises to never leave us and promises never to put more on us than we can stand, even though we think were at our ropes ends. Jesus is here for us. The more we learn about him, the more we get into that personal walk with him, the more we trust him in every matter the happier people we will be. MarkF you started a beautiful thing with your questions. Now were all seeking Jesus. God Bless You Brother and every person responding to MarkF questions.

John 4:23-24
23 “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24 “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

We all the know the Great Traditional prayer-The Lords Prayer
Our Father,who art in Heaven,Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom .......etc....
Great Prayer!!
Anyone ever been to a church where the pastors says repeat after me.

Our Father,who art in Heaven,Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom .....etc....
I Have,and to be honest did i feel anything from it-NO!! Did Not.
Even though thats a great prayer...Where was it coming from?
Was it coming from you're Heart? Wasn't for Me.
You see God is seeking Worshiper's,Those who will Worship him in Spirit and Truth,From our Hearts,Not just from our Lips.Making any sense?
Don't worry about what a person thinks how you Worship God,You're not Worshiping that person,You're Worshiping God.
Spirit and Truth

Back