records

According to Texas Sixman Coaches Association, Dylan Straley of Lometa had 72 in 2011. I think that is the most that is recorded. Previously Tyler Etheridge had 68 in 2005.
Not saying this is definitive but it is what the association has.

I once had a very good topic on the message board started listing some all time stats...but it was lost when the site was hacked...wish it could be brought back somehow...that and the epic history topic OBK had going...

I don't know how many he had but I remember Estes at ACHS had a whole lot one season...I will see if I can find out how many

John Estes IV - Abilene Christian High School - 1996 season: 74 passing TDs

210 comp.-361 att. 4,264 yards passing 74 passing TDs with 12 INTs

*Abilene Reporter News, Tuesday, Dec. 24th, 1996, page 1-C

I know it is not a record but I think it is very note worthy...

Rudy Raughton - Paint Creek - 1954 -Paint Creek PLAYED ONLY 10 GAMES that season...

190 comp. - 286 atts. - 51 passing TDs
66.4% pass comp. %

on the defensive side of the ball he picked off 19 passes...again in only 10 games

Top receiver for Raughton and Paint Creek:

Ray Hughes: 91 receptions, 34 TDs

yardage was not published...

source: 1955 issue of Six-Man Football Magazine, pages 54-58

PS: The association's "records" don't go back very far! And I have tried to get them to recognize stats and records that have been published in newspapers and magazines and backed up by both former coaches and players and "they" refuse to recognize it!

Leeman your too good at this. I hope your keeping all you learn backed up for posterity.
You and OBK should take some time off and collaberate on a book on Texas Sixman History.
Granger could edit. Spend a few days talking in the off season with HPD, Vance Jones, Nelson Campbell and others about the good old days.
As for the subject from what I've read on here over the years it's often a difficult one in sixman
to find the truth about. Most of the towns don't have newspapers that stat's are recorded in.
In addition I read a comment once about coaches prefering not to share their stat's in an attempt to play down they're strengths or weaknesses. To my knowledge the coaches are not required to report them ???
How many rushing TD's did TE have in 05?

I thought this kid had the "record"...also was the subject of one of the most annoying topics on this message board at one time (before the latest batch of trend setters started shanghing topics)

Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong on this...but I found a source to back it up so I think its legit...

Nathan Strand - Greenville Christian - 2004: 84 passing TDs
270 comp. - 447 atts., 4,438 passing yards

*source:
http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=405183

*The article is wrong on the year Estes threw for 74 TDs...it was the 1996 season not the 95 season.

oneday":u2xxbwjr said:
PS: The association's "records" don't go back very far! And I have tried to get them to recognize stats and records that have been published in newspapers and magazines and backed up by both former coaches and players and "they" refuse to recognize it!
I wish that would change. There are several past players that deserve recognition.

That really wasn't ment to be a rip on the Association...those guys do so much and are nice guys...by in large...and they have been really nice to me! The issue of stats is just a sticking point with me...

Time to create some records lists...I have 2 computers up and running, a tall cup of dark columbian coffee, a playlist from youtube going, and I am surrounded by files and files on six-man football...time to get cracking on this!

Thanks for the inspiration 51eleven

Records? We don need no steenkin records!!

I'm with
animated119.gif

I've still got a couple of hundred records And a working turntable. Nearly all 33 1/3 LP's. Threw out all but a couple of 45's they got too scratched up (had lost most of the cover slips). Have several 78's of dad's, Luke the Drifter. Box full of 8-track's too but no working player. P Yes, I'm not hijacking this thread, just following OBK's lead.......

51eleven":yankhez7 said:
I've still got a couple of hundred records And a working turntable. Nearly all 33 1/3 LP's. Threw out all but a couple of 45's they got too scratched up (had lost most of the cover slips). Have several 78's of dad's, Luke the Drifter. Box full of 8-track's too but no working player. P Yes, I'm not hijacking this thread, just following OBK's lead.......
I've got a working 8-track player.

Back