Records Question

Shad Kline

Six-man fan
I have been keeping up with several records and one of them is the current win streak.
My question is this......
Is Richland Spring current win streak 15 or 13?

The reason I ask is because RS has played and won 13 games since their last loss in the playoffs last season. They did however have 2 games that they won by forfeit, both district games, so it is an official forfeit win. Would those 2 count as a win for win streak purposes? I know a forfeit loss would end a streak, so I say yes, but I wanted yalls UNBIASED (sorry RS folks, your opinion don't count in this poll) opinion on the subject.

Humm...id say if they scheduled a game to replace the forfeit then no...cant have 2 wins in the same week. If they didnt play a game then yes count them. Thats not an offical answer. But your question is one ive been asking for years now

Leman Saunders":r0j2kzm7 said:
Humm...id say if they scheduled a game to replace the forfeit then no...cant have 2 wins in the same week. If they didnt play a game then yes count them. Thats not an offical answer. But your question is one ive been asking for years now
Well, that's not entirely true. If a district game is forfeited, you get credit for the win. And, if you play against someone else, and win that one, you get credit for that win as well, therefore giving you 2 wins in the same week. Throckmorton did it in 2012(?). Finished 16-0.

I think you are right though. They won the game 1-0 (and 99.99% chance they would have won if they had actually played anyway), so I think I will count them as 15-0 on their win streak, unless someone has a compelling argument against that.

Back