Really?

Mrcacalaca

11-man fan
Where are all the TAPPS division II/III mouths this time of year? Where is that prickly guy Game Traveler, the infamous John Holmes and that loudmouth SFA? The season is upon us and no smack talking from anyone. I'm a little disappointed. Let's hear about those Freddy guys John, those ncta or happy hill guys game traveler or how bout that ND team SFA? Come on....somebody start the noise!

QB and Go Kitty you can talk about how your Baytown guys practices are looking and give us some south input. Anyone from up in the panhandle got any info? All Saints has joined the club it looks like, any insight on those guys?

Sam Cheat Cover 2":345slqt2 said:
I guess everyone is waiting to see if TAPPS will decide if they add a division 3 next week before the season starts?!?!

Most likely they will split at the end of the post season like last year.

How is seguin ranked so high? Coaches know something we don't? I thought seguin lost alot of seniors. NB and Conroe should be 2,3 and I don't know that WFND should be that high. They should be 8,9. Baytown lost quite a few as well Freddy's always tough and return several key players. NCTA lost their big fullback but still have their stud running back and no telling who else shows up on that roster this year. Don't know much about San Marcos or Alpha omega

Sorry Mr Caca lacking. I have been busy with my new job in the northern U.S. I am now the leader of the Big Foot Research organization in South Dakota. Ya'll slappys have a great time this year in the Texas Association of Pet and Parolees.

Prickly Bear OUT!

Div. II Preseason poll out on TAPPS website:

1. Waco Live Oak
2. Seguin
3. New Braunfels
4. WFND
5. Baytown
6. San Marcos
7. Conroe
8. Freddy
9. NCTA
10. Alpha Omega

Thoughts?[/quote]

Here's what I'm thinking-
1. Waco- should be #1. Any TAPPS DII school that can knock them off will have to have their best game EVER and Waco play their worst game EVER. In fact, they will beat most TAPPS DI schools and most UIL schools. Just too strong, too well coached, and continuing their tradition of winning.
2. New Braunfels- We will get an excellent look tomorrow as they rematch with Live Oak. Lost their stud QB but still have stud receiver. Defense will be the key. I believe they will lose the rematch and go 8-2 heading into the playoffs. Other loss will be a mercy rule when Calvert comes to town.
3. Baytown- So loaded with athleticism, scheme, not so much. The possible champion when TAPPS goes with three brackets again this year.

#4-10 ???????? After these three I see no real favorites. So much happening between now and playoff time.

Seguin is overrated at #2. A good spreadback but not much else. Do they have the passion of teams past? Will certainly fly around on defense and hit you in the mouth.
WFND will drop off after graduating so many. I could see them back in the final four, though, with such weak brackets. Will win their district easily and walk into playoffs untested.
San Marcos- could be in final four, maybe. Lost a lot of experience. Will they have anyone step up?
Conroe- overrated. They will need more than a shifty running back come playoff time. Will lose to anyone that plays disciplined defense.
Freddy- could be a final four team in the three bracket system. You can bet they will play solid, disciplined football no matter the opponent.
Granbury- new coach, new system. Will they get magic transfers? So much unknown.
Alpha Omega- I don't know a single thing about this team.

pup":3rsd7xy9 said:
Div. II Preseason poll out on TAPPS website:

1. Waco Live Oak
2. Seguin
3. New Braunfels
4. WFND
5. Baytown
6. San Marcos
7. Conroe
8. Freddy
9. NCTA
10. Alpha Omega

Thoughts?

Here's what I'm thinking-
1. Waco- should be #1. Any TAPPS DII school that can knock them off will have to have their best game EVER and Waco play their worst game EVER. In fact, they will beat most TAPPS DI schools and most UIL schools. Just too strong, too well coached, and continuing their tradition of winning.
2. New Braunfels- We will get an excellent look tomorrow as they rematch with Live Oak. Lost their stud QB but still have stud receiver. Defense will be the key. I believe they will lose the rematch and go 8-2 heading into the playoffs. Other loss will be a mercy rule when Calvert comes to town.
3. Baytown- So loaded with athleticism, scheme, not so much. The possible champion when TAPPS goes with three brackets again this year.

#4-10 ???????? After these three I see no real favorites. So much happening between now and playoff time.

Seguin is overrated at #2. A good spreadback but not much else. Do they have the passion of teams past? Will certainly fly around on defense and hit you in the mouth.
WFND will drop off after graduating so many. I could see them back in the final four, though, with such weak brackets. Will win their district easily and walk into playoffs untested.
San Marcos- could be in final four, maybe. Lost a lot of experience. Will they have anyone step up?
Conroe- overrated. They will need more than a shifty running back come playoff time. Will lose to anyone that plays disciplined defense.
Freddy- could be a final four team in the three bracket system. You can bet they will play solid, disciplined football no matter the opponent.
Granbury- new coach, new system. Will they get magic transfers? So much unknown.
Alpha Omega- I don't know a single thing about this team.[/quote]

Well, that got ugly at the end. New Braunfels got tired of Live Oak being crowned the champion!!!!

I still rather watch Houston area teams play. #hoUSton_strong

New Braunfels played better than Liveoak yes, however they still won the game without their best player #12 who was ejected in the 1st quarter do to a bogus call. He had already scored 2 TD prior to ejection.

Mrcacalaca":1j95907f said:
According to sicem, NB had their best game ever.

Contemporary-Times calling Mr. Caca! Contemporary-Times calling Mr.Caca! After much ado pre-season boasting a championship title for the fightin Oaks of the Brazos, the Wild-cats of Unicorn land dash a magical thrashing on the reeling champs. Many cheered delightfully to the tune of PUP that this was indeed the "best game 'the Beast of the Brauns' could play!" Falling the once Living Ents!

Wildcat16":1b61i6w4 said:
New Braunfels played better than Liveoak yes, however they still won the game without their best player #12 who was ejected in the 1st quarter do to a bogus call. He had already scored 2 TD prior to ejection.

Do tell what this "bogus call" was. Ejection tend to be more aggressive in nature.

Surprise, surprise. I didn't see that happening. Way to go New Braunfels, sounds like you earned it. Two crearmpuffs coming before a big matchup with Calvert. I wouldn't write off Live Oak, though. You can bet this loss will be a HUGE motivator for the remainder of the season.

I think my Knights will surprise some people still. We've got some real young talent that should be coming into their own once district rolls around. Looking forward to hopefully seeing another run to the big dance!

pup":1i3o5i1t said:
Surprise, surprise. I didn't see that happening. Way to go New Braunfels, sounds like you earned it. Two crearmpuffs coming before a big matchup with Calvert. I wouldn't write off Live Oak, though. You can bet this loss will be a HUGE motivator for the remainder of the season.

Live Oak has ZERO competition for a title birth in the North. Writing them off from the finals is foolish.

Back