What's Really Important

jsdesqtx

11-man fan
I am a parent-coach for a homeschool 6-Man Football team. Last night I was reminded of what really matters in the game - it wasn't the long TD run a player made; it wasn't the blocked EP kicks (proud Special Teams Coach here); it wasn't the fumble recoveries - It was the hug my son gave me after he made a 6-yard return on a Kickoff from the front line. The excitement in his eyes - the smile on his face. PRICELESS! The hug - PRICELESS and forever in my memory. That's what this game is all about - not the W, not the State Championship - it's how the game positively impacts a player.

Hey Coach it is not just the parent/coach seeing his son do something on the field and the excitement on their face and the memory you as a parent will have.
I watched my boys growing up (way too fast) playing youth sports and helping coach them a lot of the time. Now one of them is a varsity coach at a large (5A) school. Don't get to see many games because of distance but the phone call, even late on Friday night, or Thursday night after a JV game, are priceless. We often talk for an hour or more (mostly I listen and he talks) discussing the game, both the good and bad. I think you are correct in you assessment of what is important.
Coach continue to enjoy every minute with you kids, they go by so fast. Good luck to your team this year.

Back