Question about Statistical Leaders??

Johnny South

Six-man pro
Should the better teams try to extend their games to the full four quarters of play to get the stats up for the better players in the six-man game, so they receive the attention that they deserve?

Im guessing you are being hyperbolic here.

The weekly leader board tries to include at least 1 player from every team that submits stats.

The Season Leader board just lists the top 10s

Johnny South":3az5yrid said:
Should the better teams try to extend their games to the full four quarters of play to get the stats up for the better players in the six-man game, so they receive the attention that they deserve?

I guess the follow up question is who is not getting the attention you think they deserve?

One last point here:
Granger has set up how the Statistical leaders, single game bests, weekly performers, season leaders, and all-time leaders, are presented on this site in a manner to where anyone and everyone can comment and add to the conversation their thoughts opinions own analysis and yes even additions and error corrections. So if someone is being overlooked then it can be discussed and that player's stats posted by whom ever thinks that is the case.

So Im not buying the statement that players arent (and the implications that they cant) get the credit they deserve (with the idea being floated that scores need to be ran up and stats padded)...it's an open forum form, all it takes is a simple post in the appropriate Statistical topic where someone feels someone is not being given credit.

Statistics in six man are basically for entertainment purposes. Many of the best players are only playing a half or less. If a player from your team has great stats in a game or even during the season, enjoy it and celebrate. But, there is not a rational way to compare players based on stats. Yes, you can see that someone is really good. But, you can't say someone is better than someone else based on stats. Some coaches don't turn any stats in until the end of season. If that is the case, your problem is with the coach, not this site.

another course of action would be for you (or anyone) to nominate a player for player of the week...that isnt 100% stat based (stats do help I will admit). I wish people would give more insight into how a player played and contributed to the games when they nominate someone

Once again, stats are only as good and as accurate as the person keeping them. They are only as legit as the person keeping them. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on them. How accurate are they? Are they doctored up after the game so that someone gets some award or honors because it's so and so's son? just my thoughts. The W or L is all that matters.

Like it's already been said several times, imo stats in sixman or high school in general are useless. There's such a big difference in talent that player A can rack up video game stats against a bunch of bottom of the barrel teams like Covington but not be as good as player B who has worse stats but plays against elite teams like Borden County and Happy. Anyways, nobody even cares about a players stats if his team doesn't win the final game of the season.

I think everyone should be very careful to assume a very good player on a "bottom dweller" might not be as good a player as a player that's very good on a great team. There is usually a player or two on some teams that aren't great, that given the same opportunity on a great team, wouldn't be just as good or better than some of the players on the great team. It'd be great if everyone could play on great teams and then we might have a better representation of "stats". But that ain't how it is in the real world. People don't move their "great players" to certain towns, but do to others. After all, they "ain't coming here to play in the band." If a person wants to have a moral argument about numbers, maybe It's how can a team have multiple JV's and a varsity and still play in class A while other schools suit up 90% of their boys and still only have 12 playing on varsity, and no JV. Right, it's the magical snapshot formula where you choose one of any of the multiple formulas to come up with just enough to stay under that 105 or 55 or whatever the next number will be. JMO

PaleRider":2zu2vx8t said:
I think everyone should be very careful to assume a very good player on a "bottom dweller" might not be as good a player as a player that's very good on a great team. There is usually a player or two on some teams that aren't great, that given the same opportunity on a great team, wouldn't be just as good or better than some of the players on the great team. It'd be great if everyone could play on great teams and then we might have a better representation of "stats". But that ain't how it is in the real world. People don't move their "great players" to certain towns, but do to others. After all, they "ain't coming here to play in the band." If a person wants to have a moral argument about numbers, maybe It's how can a team have multiple JV's and a varsity and still play in class A while other schools suit up 90% of their boys and still only have 12 playing on varsity, and no JV. Right, it's the magical snapshot formula where you choose one of any of the multiple formulas to come up with just enough to stay under that 105 or 55 or whatever the next number will be. JMO
My intentions were not to discredit great players on poor teams. What I meant was that in a vacuum if you take two identical teams and team A played a schedule against Richland Springs, Happy, Borden County etc, and team B played a schedule consisting of Covingtons and Bynums that the tailback from team B will have much better stats. Does that mean that tailback B is better than tailback A? Of course not because they're the same player (keep in mind we're talking theoretically). The same applies in real life. A player isn't necessarily better than another player just because he has better stats. There are many factors involved and stats should be taken with a grain of salt.

Six-Man (all stats) stats are not the end all be all. I think we all agree on that. Players on top-10 teams that 45 their opponents at halftime every week may not have the stats that others do because they play half a game.

People have always asked why I only use scores for the rankings? This is why? You cannot get them, they are not consistently accurate and a team could have only 100 yards of offense, yet win at the half due to defensive scoring.

Turn your stats in to Leman and we do our best to get some recognition for the kids. That's all.

Back