Put another one up...

An untruthful oral (spoken) or written statement about a person, organization, or group that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the accused can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience. Both libel and slander are forms of defamation.

sue freddyalltheway

JLyne#25":1efc0xva said:
An untruthful oral (spoken) or written statement about a person, organization, or group that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the accused can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience. Both libel and slander are forms of defamation.

sue freddyalltheway

If we sued every bozo (myself included) for every mis-statement on this board; there would be loads of attorneys busy suing folks that don't have a dime to their names ... let's just stipulate (a legal term) that our good friend "freddyalltheway" is not affiliated with any team based in Gillespie County, Texas.

If you have ever played freddy before, you have seen how well organized and well coached they are. Trust me. I see it every year. If i'm not mistaken they are starting two seniors and four sophomores this year. I think they make playoffs this year BUT i don't think they win state. I hate to sound biased but i think they lose to the Falcons in district and then if they meet in the playoffs they lose again.

seguinlifegate":mhxl87ez said:
If you have ever played freddy before, you have seen how well organized and well coached they are. Trust me. I see it every year. If i'm not mistaken they are starting two seniors and four sophomores this year. I think they make playoffs this year BUT i don't think they win state. I hate to sound biased but i think they lose to the Falcons in district and then if they meet in the playoffs they lose again.

Good confidence, son ... but it's a long way to late October. Take it a week at a time.

FRERDDY IS HUMAN!!! after seeing them play last year i didnt see what the differnece would be this year but now its clear. they are still a good team but beatable now! haha

wild dog11":2xxtlowt said:
FRERDDY IS HUMAN!!! after seeing them play last year i didnt see what the differnece would be this year but now its clear. they are still a good team but beatable now! haha

They started last year 0-2. Seems my feeble memory recalls that they were still playing in early December and I think they might have won that game, because my buddy Sean O'Connor didn't win the title.

Don't count them out yet. Last I checked, they were all human, but pretty athletic and well-coached humans.

Feast is a good team too. If you see the box score for the game, it was really a first half win by feast. Freddy really stepped up their game in the second half, but they just didn't put up the points necessary to come back. The easiest way to get beat by Freddy is to underestimate them.

I don't know of too many teams over the years to have underestimated them. But, I have seen teams that were in so much aw of them that they were defeated before the kickoff. Respect them, and all that they have done over the years, but don't be intimidated by them. They are young men just like everybody else. They will be alright come district play, they are playing a very tough non-district schedule, and it will only better prepare for later on. Should be fun!

seguinlifegate":ssxq9qd3 said:
Feast is a good team too. If you see the box score for the game, it was really a first half win by feast. Freddy really stepped up their game in the second half, but they just didn't put up the points necessary to come back. The easiest way to get beat by Freddy is to underestimate them.

You're an awfully smart kid for your age....

I saw the box score in this morning's San Antonio paper. Lots of new names for Heritage; their test will be to hang on because their schedule doesn't get easier ... Tomball Rosehill, Austin Hill Country, Bulverde Bracken.

Back