pre-DCTF picks

I disagree! Saint Jo will not be in last place in the district. Not sure how it will play out but I say Bryson and Saint Jo will be moving on to post season.

coachjj, I would like to clearly understand your statement. You are saying that the best two coaches in the district are in Saint Jo? And, I guess the followup question would be, are you one of these two coaches?

My apologies there. The best or second best coach is in that district from Saint JO. Bryson was be the other one imho. No sir, I dont coach at Saint JO, but I do coach in Wichita Falls.

Alright, I'll step up to the plate. At the halfway point in the season with the district games to start in about two weeks this is how I see your district.

Perrin-Whit
Bryson
Newcastle
Savoy
St. Jo

In a fairly weak district like this one, the strength of schedule impresses me more than the won-loss record. Anyone can find some real weak teams to play in their non-district games, that might keep you healthy for district, but it won't prepare you for a tougher district schedule.

Now that Newcastle is more healthy than they have been all year, they will be in the playoff mix and will probably win this district. Didn't know that last week on my last post. Calling this a fairly weak district, yeah...not so much. Might be average, but not weak. You can study the rankings, strength of schedule, won loss record all you want to. But until you know whether the team you are looking at has been playing healthy and at 100%, it means very little.

Blue Bird":3chorsqu said:
There you go Sixman Dad. Saint Jo 27 Bryson 24. Saint Jo will not be in last place in this district, at least not by themselves.

I will not allow myself to be a smart@%& here because that's not who I am. I will however delight in the fact that I was at least partially right and you sir were wrong on two occasions.

Its not the first time I have been wrong and it sure won't be my last. I apologize for the last remark, at the time I thought I was being very truthful. In hindsight, I can see where it could have been taken as a smart remark.

This is what I was sent when asked about possible scenarios:

Savoy defeats Bryson and Saint Jo defeats Perrin-Whitt, Savoy is 2nd place.

Savoy defeats Bryson and Perrin-Whitt defeats Saint Jo, Perrin-Whitt is 2nd place.

Bryson defeats Savoy and Saint Jo defeats Perrin-Whitt, Saint Jo is 2nd place.

Bryson defeats Savoy and Perrin-Whitt defeats Saint Jo, Bryson is 2nd place.

Back