pre-DCTF 2015

Blue Bird

Six-man pro
For the first time in a long time, I don't see Water Valley as the clear favorite to win this district. My knee jerk reaction is to pick this district like this.

1. Water Valley
2. Robert Lee
3. Sterling City
4. Veribest

Injuries and player developement will go a long way in deciding in what order the top three will finish. How much difference can Bret Tyler make at Sterling City? Only time will tell.

This year will be tough for the Wildcats. Sterling City lost Kaleb Davis but has some talented players coming back and the new coach is rumored to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I know he had a lot of success at Valley and I doubt he would have taken the SC job if there wasn't some talent to work with. Robert Lee returns the Fowler kid and should be very good as well. Hard to say what the WV has returning but Coach York will have them primed and ready. Who knows, this may be the first time since SC returned to sixman that they best the Wildcats... but I doubt it.

I got some friends over in Lake View Backer, for the right...... ummmmm........ "incentive", I can make a few phone calls and get yall some good uns over yonder at the WV. Might even be able to get you yalls own hometown zebras!!!!

While I appreciate the sentiment Longhorn, I know you can't be serious because you said Lake View and good uns in the same sentence. Those two just don't go together. If you'd mentioned Wall I might be inclined to listen.

WV Backer":2pzht9i9 said:
While I appreciate the sentiment Longhorn, I know you can't be serious because you said Lake View and good uns in the same sentence. Those two just don't go together. If you'd mentioned Wall I might be inclined to listen.
lol, you got me there!!!!

Old Bearkat":11id17go said:
There's bound to be a few new refugees from San Angelo for you guys....... :)
Of course there will always be new refugees from San Angelo, OBK. There will always be those seeking a good education in a smaller atmosphere and the WV fits the bill on both counts. The fact that I went to school there only makes it more desirable. :)

One can only hope, he's usually good for some good-natured back and forth. It's funny, I had been hearing that Sterling City was going to be the class of the district because of the new coach and returning players. However, Granger's toy seems to think more highly of Robert Lee. I guess it just goes to show that pre-season rankings are a mixture of educated guesses and speculation on the part of folks that study the game. Still, for Granger's toy to have Robert Lee ranked that high gives me pause... could this be the first time in five years that the WV doesn't claim the district crown?

Back