pre DCTF 2015

Blue Bird

Six-man pro
1. Gordon will be on top of most district polls. They will return their main RB/SB and their good kicker who can double as a good athlete. Not very sure beyond that how many holes they will have to fill.

2. May will return a fast RB and a good corner on defense. What most people don't know is their JV went undefeated last year primarily because of a good core of RBs. The trick for them is to find and/or develope lineman that can block at a playoff level. If they do, they will be primed for another deep run in the playoffs.

3. Strawn will return their best RB and another good athlete. The depth that they can choose from to fill the rest of the team is not as deep as Gordon or May. That is the main reason I would pick them third in district.

4. Lingleville has a new coach(or so we have heard)and has played pretty good the last 2 or 3 years. Their lack of overall toughness and tradition will make it hard to take the next step up and play with the top three.

5. Gustine is slowly recovering from the near death sentance from two years ago. I expect them to improve some more this year. Their non-district schedule is, well, weak and will be a good indicator on how Gustine is coming along. They will need to blow out their competition in non-district if they expect compete with the top three.

Here's a thought: Strawn's returning RB won state in the discus this year. May's returning RB won both hurdles at the state track meet. Did Gordon even have anyone at the state track meet?

That says something...may not mean much, but it says something.

Here is my take on it. I would order them the same way.

Gordon, will have 4 key players back. They will also have the possibility of another player that has been quite the athlete in the past, but has a little injury fear in him, so at this point may or may not be a factor. Mackey, Brown, Stockstill & Jorgensen will be your primary core, and if Gordon can find the right guys to fill the other spots, they could be pretty good, quite possible the region III representative in the semi's.

May, you nailed it, they lost a lot, but their JV has been rather impressive, we will see how well they transition to varsity. They could easily move up to the #1 seed in this district come district time.

Strawn. Allison is a stud, and he plays with heart, all of it. Sometimes he goes harder than his body can handle and has had some injury issues in the past. There is a pretty good chance that he will be conditioned and stronger than ever and will be able to overcome those past problems. And then there is Coach Lee. In my opinion.... He is one of the best at putting players in the right positions to make them the best that they could possibly be. I've seen him take a pretty good QB and turn him into one of the most dominating centers you could never hope to face. This team is a rubber ball, and the #3 spot is the floor. They could bounce to the top by the time week 12 comes around.

Lingleville. Tough year ahead, they had a tough year last year (off the field)and will need to recover from that. And they have to do that with a new coach.

Gustine. Once again, you nailed it, they will be better than last year, and are not bad by any means, but not in the same level as the top 3. They could surprise Lingleville though.

Blue Bird":iceqps38 said:
Here's a thought: Strawn's returning RB won state in the discus this year. May's returning RB won both hurdles at the state track meet. Did Gordon even have anyone at the state track meet?

That says something...may not mean much, but it says something.

If I remember correctly the last player to win state in discus for Strawn was Jonathan Lindsey who was also the State Defensive MVP that year. The upper body, arm and hand development are all great for a RB or LB in particular. JMO.

Shad Kline":3455b2hc said:
Here is my take on it. I would order them the same way.

Gordon, will have 4 key players back. They will also have the possibility of another player that has been quite the athlete in the past, but has a little injury fear in him, so at this point may or may not be a factor. Mackey, Brown, Stockstill & Jorgensen will be your primary core, and if Gordon can find the right guys to fill the other spots, they could be pretty good, quite possible the region III representative in the semi's.

May, you nailed it, they lost a lot, but their JV has been rather impressive, we will see how well they transition to varsity. They could easily move up to the #1 seed in this district come district time.

Strawn. Allison is a stud, and he plays with heart, all of it. Sometimes he goes harder than his body can handle and has had some injury issues in the past. There is a pretty good chance that he will be conditioned and stronger than ever and will be able to overcome those past problems. And then there is Coach Lee. In my opinion.... He is one of the best at putting players in the right positions to make them the best that they could possibly be. I've seen him take a pretty good QB and turn him into one of the most dominating centers you could never hope to face. This team is a rubber ball, and the #3 spot is the floor. They could bounce to the top by the time week 12 comes around.

Lingleville. Tough year ahead, they had a tough year last year (off the field)and will need to recover from that. And they have to do that with a new coach.

Gustine. Once again, you nailed it, they will be better than last year, and are not bad by any means, but not in the same level as the top 3. They could surprise Lingleville though.

Great analysis Mr. Kline. Guess you don't know about the Junior brothers who moved to Strawn, both starters on a 6A team in the Metromess. One's 6'1 190 4.4, the other 6'3, 205, 4.7., I forget their names or where I read this.
They were moving to Richland Springs but Coach P persuaded them during a clandestine meeting, Ithink I remember hearing somewhere.

51eleven":2mwdltqm said:
Shad Kline":2mwdltqm said:
Great analysis Mr. Kline. Guess you don't know about the Junior brothers who moved to Strawn, both starters on a 6A team in the Metromess. One's 6'1 190 4.4, the other 6'3, 205, 4.7., I forget their names or where I read this.
They were moving to Richland Springs but Coach P persuaded them during a clandestine meeting, Ithink I remember hearing somewhere.

Hey, that was 3 years ago, they were Drew Brees boys, we took them to see downtown Richland Springs and did lunch at The Duck. Last we saw of 'em they was runnin' north on 45

Back