Playoff Frito Pie

smokeyjoe53":kwryf5s5 said:
Old Bearkat":kwryf5s5 said:
fajitapete":kwryf5s5 said:
. Not sure, but once opened, I think you have only a year to use the PBCP before it starts to set up.

I think it can be used to patch driveways after that date has passed. In fact, I think IDOT uses it for the yellow stripes.....
TEXDOT used to use it before the EPA made them stop. Do you realize what the half-life is of that stuff?

That is one of the mysterious interpretations of the EPA. If you were to spill oil by accident it’s a big deal. It would require a cleanup and remediation and disposal of the contaminated soil. But in road work they spray RC1 and oil with clear abandonment and then put down asphalt saturated sand and gravel, and all without a care or concern for our precious environment.

Don’t get me started on road kill. . . .

roadkill.jpg

Today's Special : Possum au gratin

Final games of the season, final c-stand comments, final Frito Pie of the year, I guess the withdrawal symptoms start soon.

With the wind cutting right through you, the little nip in the air made for perfect Frito Pie weather. Some one needs to tell UIL that the concession stands need to have all the ingredients for a Frito Pie.

Smallest serving and highest cost of any pie this year. Chips were fresh and actually had a fair chili on it, grated cheese but no onions.

I did notice that those big city boys have an automatic PBCP dispenser. All they have to do is load in a bag and viola, no fuss no mess. Lift the lever and yellow oozes out onto the nachos. Which were served up in a size that the Frito Pie should have been.

Between games, myself and a couple of coaches headed over to Oscars’ for menudo and a soda pop with the foam on top.

Never did get over to the BBQ places. Guess I’ll save that for the next time.

I wound up sitting with a preacher friend and his grandson. During halftime of the first game, preacher got a Frito Pie. He almost lost his religion. Can't say I was too impressed with it's appearance either. Small for the price, not much cheese, appeared pretty dry.
Cheer up Fajita...there's always Basketball and Track.

Back