Playoff Brackets Released

NDknight04

11-man fan
Thoughts?

Football Bracket General Information

Bracket Development
The final team in each district’s standings shall not be eligible for the playoffs
District Champion and Runner – Up shall not meet until the semifinal
Where possible, districts shall play on the same half of the bracket.

Placement into the brackets
District Standings will be certified by the district president.
Schools will be entered into the bracket based on their rankings in the district standings

6 Man
The third and fourth eligible schools with the smallest enrollment per district will be entered into the Division III bracket
The remaining qualifiers will be entered into the Division II bracket.

Am I understanding right that the brackets are according to what place a team gets in district and not by enrollment?
So if the smallest enrolled two teams are 1st and 2nd in their district they will play in Division 2 and if the two largest teams are 3rd and 4th they will play in Division 3?

I'm still not entirely sure this is right, but I believe enrollment numbers will determine which bracket, D. II or D. III, a team will end up in. Then, once the team is in a bracket, its district finish will go to decided playoff seeding within the bracket.

As I understand it, it would work like this: In a 5-or more team-district, the last place team(s) would be eliminated from playoff contention. The two teams with the highest enrollment, regardless of district finish, will go to the D. II bracket. The other two teams with lower enrollment numbers will go to the D. III bracket. The teams in each bracket will then be seeded according to district finishes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th place), along with I'm sure other factors in the case of ties.

I definitely still have some questions about this system. Mainly as it concerns District 1. The TAPPS page with the bracket breakdown has District 1 sending three teams to the playoffs (1 in D. II and 2 in D. III). However, on the brackets, there are only two District 1 representatives shown. District 1 was a 5-team district prior to the season starting, until El Paso dropped out. So now we are still wondering if two teams will advance to the post season, or if a 3rd place finisher will also join the party? Considering enrollment numbers are also in play regardless of district finishes, the difference between 2 and 3 teams going could have big implications.

DII- District 1. 3 will go out of this district. The biggest school will go D II and the 2 smaller schools will go D III. If you just do a bunch of hypotheticals you will see that DIII will be just as strong as D II as a whole. The D III bracket will not necessarily be the weakest as some have mention but not on this thread. I know last night the bracket was still kind of getting worked out as 1-2 seeds might have been left off but just an honest mistake which we all make at times.

It kind of reminds me of the UIL process. It will be interesting to see if ND and PCA make postseason who would go D2 since is based on the numbers from this season.

Enrollment(16- Hs boys & girls numbers)
PCA 69
Notre Dame 69
Wichita Christian 57
Amarillo Holy Cross 36

So any predictions on which teams will be left out in each district?
I know its early but its something to chew on.
D1
out- Holy cross?
D2
out- Brownwood/Holy Cross?
D3
out-Dallas Fairhill?
D4- Tough district
out-Cedar Park?
D5
out-Victoria Faith?
D6
out-Lifestyle no question...
D7
out- Alvin?

Coach JJ, how will they decide which of the schools will go big if both have enrollments a of 69. Shouldn't they both go big and wfc go small.

That is a really good question. Still a few games to play for sure.

I would think they would still only take 1 based on what was sent out. I'm not sure. Maybe possibly higher classification as Plainview is a 2a and the rest of the district is 1a. Not sure what else they would look at.

So are there going to be two championships for DII and DIII? Why even combine it back to two divisions if you're gonna split it up into three for playoffs? @any coaches out there I have a question-- do y'all have a coaches meeting with TAPPS before the season starts? Is there any way you can voice your opinions regarding the playoffs, or does TAPPS just hide in secret and not let the coaches know anything either?

I've got a question..... it seems that every year this same debate about brackets come up. Why do y'all have divisions and districts? Why not just take the top 2 or 3 teams from each district into the playoffs? I assume the reason is an attempt at parity or fairness or to include as many teams as possible.
I'm not criticizing, Lord knows the public system is not perfect, but it seems like the privates have a different system each year and sometimes change systems in the middle of the season. Seems overly complicated to me.........

Dear Friends,

TAPPS does what TAPPS wants, they are a bully at times and looking out for #1 at times. They have to keep these small schools happy cause they pay money to be in TAPPS and those few people would be out of a job. At any rate great job on these Brackets. Its like a Chinese Fire Drill and yes why don't you decide this at realignment and not during the season, but oh wait they also like combining districts a week before the season also LMBO!

Yes Short Round. TAPPS has meetings with coaches, but its usually TAPPS way or DEAL WITH IT. Not saying TAPPS doesn't listen, but I highly doubt coaches wanted this crappy format. Oh but also a lot of coaches don't even attend those meetings, just representatives of the schools which in turn creates mass confusion anyway when the Science teacher is attending and trying to explain the glorious plans that TAPPS has in store for the Athletics programs.

Just my two cents FRIENDS!!!

Prickly Bear

Nice docs, the enrollment numbers are kinda weird. Granbury a 72 and one other at 72, one goes up one goes down, same for wcnd with 69 and the other school with 69, one goes up ones goes down. I wonder how that was decided since both are same size.

Back