Players With State Titles at Different Schools

• Thread starter Deleted member 21909
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21909

Since Strawn won state this year, I believe Griffin Rigdon of Strawn has a two state titles. Although impressive outright, his situation is unique because he won his titles with two different teams (Strawn in 21; Richland in 19.) While I know a few coaches (or at least Vance Jones) have won multiple state titles, I cannot think of another player.

Is Griffin Rigdon the first player in 6-man football history to win state titles with more than one school?

PS. I do not want to start World War VII with this post. In fact, it would be hard for Mr. Rigdon to pick two schools with a better football tradition than Strawn and Richland Springs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Strawn won state this year, I believe Griffin Rigdon of Strawn has a two state titles. Although impressive outright, his situation is unique because he won his titles with two different teams (Strawn in 21; Richland in 19.) While I know a few coaches (or at least Vance Jones) have won multiple state titles, I cannot think of another player.

Is Griffin Rigdon the first player in 6-man football history to win state titles with more than one school?

PS. I do not want to start World War VII with this post. In fact, it would be hard for Mr. Rigdon to pick two schools with a better football tradition than Strawn and Richland Springs.
Hes the only player I can pinpoint that has 2 championships at 2 different schools as a player. There may be more but I can't think of any.
Could you imagine if RS still had the Rigdons?? Big Rig could have had 2 POY & Chaka was selected POY this year. Most likely a 3peat for the school with Chaka having 3 more years to go...

Back