Packers Fans Cookbook online

smokeyjoe53":3a1bal7f said:
Is a cookbook really necessary? I mean how many variations of brats and cheese are there?

Well, there's Brats in Beer, Brats in Light Beer, Brats in Imported Beer, Brats on the BBQ while you're drinking beer, someone else BBQ'ing Brats on the BBQ while I'm drinking beer (one of my favorites, preferably if I'm in my barcolounger in the house watching the Packers on TV).

Then there's cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, cheese curds -- especially those deep fried cheese curds, cheez whiz, cheese on the brats that someone else BBQ'd while I was drinking beer, sitting in the barcolounger watching the Packers on TV.

You know, it's like if you have three shirts, two pants, and a sports coat, you got something like 47 different outfits.

Blue, muenster, parmesan, mozzarella, goat, brie, limburger......
Cheeze puffs, cheese cake, grilled cheese sandwich, chili cheese dog, mac n cheese, cheese n crackers, queso, cheese on a toothpick........
How far to 120 ?

CowboyP":280cpcl2 said:
No self respecting Texan would buy a cookbook of Yankee recipes....

Midwesterners are NOT Yankees ... we hate the folks from Noooo Yooooork as much as you do.

It's amazing all the things you can do with cheese. And Brats. And Beer. And Brandy, too.

Plus, the recipes are free. Just what any self-respecting Packer fan would do for a fellow Packer fan ...

lifegatesports":mti37tvy said:
CowboyP":mti37tvy said:

Midwesterners are NOT Yankees ... we hate the folks from Noooo Yooooork as much as you do.

It's amazing all the things you can do with cheese. And Brats. And Beer. And Brandy, too.

Plus, the recipes are free. Just what any self-respecting Packer fan would do for a fellow Packer fan ...
If you are north of the Red River..........................

Which reminds me ... what channel are the Cowboys on this weekend?

Oops. Sorry, I forgot the Cowboys missed the playoffs. Again.

Reminds me of an old Packers joke.

A man goes to the Chicago Bear ticket office and inquires about purchasing play-off tickets. The ticket teller replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Bears did not make it to the play-offs.

The following day the same man goes to the Chicago Bear ticket office and inquires about purchasing Bear play-off tickets. The ticket teller politely replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Bears did not make it to the play-offs.

This goes on for an entire week. The man goes to the Bear ticket office inquiring about play-off tickets and the teller says none are for sale because the Bears did not make it to the play-offs.

Another week of this goes by and the man still is asking the ticket teller about Bear play-off tickets. Finally the ticket teller in a loud voice says, I'VE TOLD YOU FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS THERE WERE NOT ANY TICKETS AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE THE BEARS DID NOT MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS.

The man replied, "I know." I drive all the way from Green Bay just to hear you say that!

lifegatesports":1gr9c615 said:
Which reminds me ... what channel are the Cowboys on this weekend?

Oops. Sorry, I forgot the Cowboys missed the playoffs. Again.

Which made my year again.....All my relatives are in deep mourning......

CowboyP":ckepd8ku said:
I don't even understand why
we need so many posts about Green Bay?
Unless it's about a recent Bigfoot sighting.
jus sayin'.

SavannahSixManFan":2svivncf said:
I'm a Cryboys fan, but Romo has gotta go.

edited by OBK
Ummmm,
you got edited.
You a bad boy!

Actually,
don't the stats show (prove)
that Romo is pretty good (not the problem)?

Dogface":2e77pcrx said:
CowboyP":2e77pcrx said:
jus sayin'.

My dear mongrel friend ...

Reason 1. One of your board moderators happens to be a Green Bay Packer fan from his youth near that city. In fact, that board moderator happens to be a part-owner of the franchise (my stock certificate is framed above my desk) and even more rare than than, owner of season tickets. I actually got the info on the online cookbook from an email from the Packers, who have a website for their far-flung fans (in the past, they've talked about Packer fans in places like Mongolia, watching the Super Bowl at some ungodly hour in the morning on satellite).

Reason 2. The Packers are reallly the closest thing you'll find to six-man football in the NFL. Small town, everyone has a stake in the success of the team, stuff like that. People there know the Packers because they see them in the grocery store, at Walmart, or around town. And as such, stuff which isn't news in big markets like Dallas is big news in Green Bay. I remember a neat article a year or so about the two ladies who are the Packer seamstresses (I think I posted that one).

lifegatesports":ugffozaf said:
Dogface":ugffozaf said:
CowboyP":ugffozaf said:
jus sayin'.

My dear mongrel friend ...

Reason 1. One of your board moderators happens to be a Green Bay Packer fan from his youth near that city. In fact, that board moderator happens to be a part-owner of the franchise (my stock certificate is framed above my desk) and even more rare than than, owner of season tickets. I actually got the info on the online cookbook from an email from the Packers, who have a website for their far-flung fans (in the past, they've talked about Packer fans in places like Mongolia, watching the Super Bowl at some ungodly hour in the morning on satellite).

Reason 2. The Packers are reallly the closest thing you'll find to six-man football in the NFL. Small town, everyone has a stake in the success of the team, stuff like that. People there know the Packers because they see them in the grocery store, at Walmart, or around town. And as such, stuff which isn't news in big markets like Dallas is big news in Green Bay. I remember a neat article a year or so about the two ladies who are the Packer seamstresses (I think I posted that one).
OK then,
I guess I'll allow it for your sake.

Mongolian cheeseheads?

Was: I'm a Cowboys fan, but Romo has gotta go.
Is: I'm a Cryboys fan, but Romo has gotta go.

Our favorite moderator OBK must be a major Cowboys hater, or I sent a major typo. (I think OBK is a pickin' on SSMF)

Back