On side kicks in 6 Man football

CowboyP":1pa74cah said:
Dogface":1pa74cah said:
rainjacktx":1pa74cah said:
CowboyP":1pa74cah said:
Life would be very interesting if there were more folks like me...

There's not enough game wardens in the US to deal with very many more people like you. I'm just sayin'.
That's funny!
I bet even CP got a chuckle.
I did.
The local game wardens know me my full name & where I live - how did rj guess?

The smell of skunk smoking on the grill????

Old Bearkat":14pz600j said:
CowboyP":14pz600j said:
Dogface":14pz600j said:
rainjacktx":14pz600j said:
CowboyP":14pz600j said:
Life would be very interesting if there were more folks like me...

There's not enough game wardens in the US to deal with very many more people like you. I'm just sayin'.
That's funny!
I bet even CP got a chuckle.
I did.
The local game wardens know me my full name & where I live - how did rj guess?

The smell of skunk smoking on the grill????
I don't eat skunk, opossum, or coon. They're too greasy.

Ever had armadillo finger steaks? I found one on the side of the road with a beer bottle between his legs. Had to dodge a few cars. I fried him up and my friends say he was pretty tasty, that was before the spent time commode huggin. I sure thought the fryin would kill the bad germs, guess I was wrong. Glad they ate it all before I got to it. Next time I'll consult with the doctors on this forum before I serve something questionable.............. You don't think that game warden would have taken issue with me taken that armadillo off the side of the road do you?

You are safe. You did 2 public services at once. Hiway cleanup & feeding the hungry. Just remember - you told them not to drink that cheap beer because it would make them sick. Never blame the food you cook!

The only thing I hate worse than an onside kick is having someone run a kickoff back for a touchdown on us. I've come to accept the onside kick as part of the game in 6-man. It sucks though.

The topic of the on side kick has been kicked around for a long time in six man football. When I played the game in the game in the 70's and when I began coaching the game the ball only had to travel 10 yards before it became live. Sometime in the 80's the six man coaches directors decided that there were too many injuries with that short of distance and they moved the line to 20 yards before the ball would become live. This took the onside kick completely away from the game and you rarely saw one attempted unless it was out of necessity late in the game. Sam Adams was still coaching at Dawson when the line to travel was changed to 15 yards, hoping to bring the onside kick back into the game. Sam was the director/coach that proposed the change to the sixman association. Since then I believe we have not developed very many long ball kickers because it is not stressed as a necessity. Everyone would love to gain an extra possession or two during a ball game. Wellman-Union took a game over from us at Whitharral this year with the best onside kick I have ever seen. They did it successfully twice in a row, the kicker bounced the ball off the tee right in front of it and it travelled 30 yards in the air and about 25 yards deep. When the ball came back down everyone was scrambling to get on it and they got them both. It just killed us and was the difference maker.

Back