oldest highschool 6 man football player

940football

11-man fan
who is the oldest player that has ever played i know back in the day was different . what about the more modern days ?i knew a guy that was 19 and 5 months durring 2 a days back in 2015 the uil approved his paper work

Westbrook had a Kid that was 19 and a couple months old in 1999. I was part of that team! UIL allowed him to play with paper work approved! This kid had an Amazing rushing game in Westbrooks only playoff win against Ropesville in 1997. Lehman should ha e those numbers too. And we held the #1 scoring offense that night to 6 points. We 45ed them in the 3rd qtr.

I believe it’s the September 1 rule. If a kid hasn’t used all of their eligibility and they are born after September 1 then they would technically be eligible to play. That’s my understanding at least

Bo Simpson, Trent...I think he was class 2001...he had to get a wavier to play in 1999 and he played in 2000
(come at me coach Rios LOL)
If memory serves me UIL granted his wavier bc he was homeschooled prior bc he was taking care of and living with a disabled relative that was age related I think...old school Trent folks can correct me if I am not remembering correctly

Also he was a STUD, one of the best RBs I played against

Last edited:
Newcastle had a string of Moreno kids that played for them. All of them were good. I remember one of the older ones not being able to finish the season because it was discovered (I think when his parents went to get his drivers license?) he was actually a year or two older than initially thought by the school district. This was all hearsay so I don't have exact details.

He turned 19 after September 1 of his senior year and it was his 4th year of high school school football.

If you allow me to steal an infamous quote..."show me the birth certificate" LOL JK...but really that dude could jump out of the gym...he got a tech for slapping the backboard once when we played I remember with both hands...also full disclosure one time I asked Alvin Crawford for an autograph and I still have it somewhere (I was in jrhs)

Corey Woodall also bricked a dunk in Loraine that bounced of the breakaway rim and shot up and hit off the ceiling...same game he slapped the backboard with both hands halfway up the square. If they had the same format they do now then, Loraine would probably have a few state titles in basketball

Werent those Marathon kids from the 70s all older than 18?
The UIL changed the rules or made it to where you had to show proof of birth/age in 1977/78 year (at least that is my understanding) I have several stories about the Marathon teams prior to 1977 that they were overage...Vance Jones explains it as the Hispanic kids having to have an extra year of school at the time and the seniors of 1976-77 were the last group of kids to have to have that...thus those kids would be a year older.

But yes this is a prevailing story of those Marathon teams. Blackwell played Marathon in Regional in 1968 and Bi-District in 1976 and I was told that one of their best players played on both those teams...makes for a good story but question how true it is...LOL Vance Jones would probably get a good laugh out of this...

High Plains Drifter...if you are still on here please comment on this!!!

The year that Marathon was placed in the Talpa, Water Valley, Paint Rock, Christoval, Blackwell and Novice district we had to show copies of birth certificates at the district meeting. I always thought it was a district rule aimed at Marathon.

This is a crowded field story. I read an article in the '90s about a RB from Chilton turning 20 in the fall of his senior year, I think that they won state that year. Chilton somehow got a waiver from the state.

Back