Oh, Texas... Student arrested for building a clock.

Let's see the information before you break out the "I told you so...". I just had a quick glance and saw nothing close to what OBK is suggesting. I am looking forward to reading his reference as it would cast a much different light on the whole situation. :)

I won't site any source - especially if OBK is on the case, but the internet rumblings in my little part of the middle of nowhere are saying that the boys father was a failed organizer who was using his son to drum up attention and get his name back out there in the radical islamo-fascist organizing circles.

Judging from the speed at which Obama jumped on the issue and invited him to the white house, I'd say the rumblings are more than just gas. Barry's never once been on the correct side of a race issue. I highly doubt he's changed his ways now.

After reading the sites OBK provided, I concur, the whole thing was a set-up. We were all duped by the media's first stories. I guess we all tend to believe what the media puts out, but we should wait awhile before commenting on anything from now on till we get Paul Harvey's "rest of the story." Deport the whole bunch!

smokeyjoe53":2wihpksg said:
One of the things I do not know at this point, and probably never will, is what was the kid's intent. If it was simply to build a digital clock with nothing more implied then yes, he has been treated unfairly.
If,however, his intent was to create an incident then in my opinion his act is similar to walking into a crowded venue and shouting "fire" when there is none present.
We are not all fortunate to live in the liberal utopia that is Canada so you will just have to take us rednecked thugs as we are....... Flawed human beings.
This was my original reply to gophers first post............

Little Doc":2j7lza7g said:
After reading the sites OBK provided, I concur, the whole thing was a set-up. We were all duped by the media's first stories. I guess we all tend to believe what the media puts out, but we should wait awhile before commenting on anything from now on till we get Paul Harvey's "rest of the story." Deport the whole bunch!

Not *all* of us were duped.

Little Doc":19zi87nn said:

That's why I usually wait a day or three after an event to comment on it, though once in a while I do jump the gun and shoot from the lip....

So if I understand this right, the kid got a 70's alarm clock off ebay or at a garage sale, took the components out of the casing and with or without the help of his Father mounted the display in his pencil box and threw the circuit boards/power supply etc. in the bottom of the box.
He then took this non science project to school at the possible or likely urging of his Father. Showing it off all day saying look what I "built". Nobody cared until his Science teacher, who told him to close it up - for the rest of the day? So next period he opens it, plugs it in and sets the beeping alarm off. His English teacher becomes alarmed. He then proceeds to not answer questions about it from her, school officials or police.
His dad insists on keeping handcuff's on him until sis can take a picture. What kind of dad wants a picture of his son handcuffed than one anticipating litigation or seeking publicity? A dad who ran for president of Sudan 2x and is a member of an organization that raises funds for a terroristic organization that considers islamic law over US law in the US?
They next miss meetings with the Irving ISD and Mayor to hold a press conference with their terrorist supporting organization?
What a publicity stunt (using your own son???). To inflame and recruit Peaceful Islamic's for more nefarious purposes?
Was it all was an organized response to the Irving Mayor's opposition to the Islamic facility they wanted to build there?

If the Main Stream Media does not pick up on this we should all e-mail our congressmen, local, regional and National newspapers as well as many internet sources. JMO.

"If the Main Stream Media does not pick up on this we should all e-mail our congressmen, local, regional and National newspapers as well as many internet sources. JMO."
I think I'll just move to Canada.................

smokeyjoe53":2ucqapj3 said:
"If the Main Stream Media does not pick up on this we should all e-mail our congressmen, local, regional and National newspapers as well as many internet sources. JMO."
I think I'll just move to Canada.................

Well, I've always wanted to see the upper Rockies myself. Maybe we could take them over. I don't know if I could stand the winters. But with it running into the 90's with fall coming tomorrow I might give it a try.

51eleven":zj1svd2q said:
So if I understand this right, the kid got a 70's alarm clock off ebay or at a garage sale, took the components out of the casing and with or without the help of his Father mounted the display in his pencil box and threw the circuit boards/power supply etc. in the bottom of the box.
He then took this non science project to school at the possible or likely urging of his Father. Showing it off all day saying look what I "built". Nobody cared until his Science teacher, who told him to close it up - for the rest of the day? So next period he opens it, plugs it in and sets the beeping alarm off. His English teacher becomes alarmed. He then proceeds to not answer questions about it from her, school officials or police.
His dad insists on keeping handcuff's on him until sis can take a picture. What kind of dad wants a picture of his son handcuffed than one anticipating litigation or seeking publicity? A dad who ran for president of Sudan 2x and is a member of an organization that raises funds for a terroristic organization that considers islamic law over US law in the US?
They next miss meetings with the Irving ISD and Mayor to hold a press conference with their terrorist supporting organization?
What a publicity stunt (using your own son???). To inflame and recruit Peaceful Islamic's for more nefarious purposes?
Was it all was an organized response to the Irving Mayor's opposition to the Islamic facility they wanted to build there?

If the Main Stream Media does not pick up on this we should all e-mail our congressmen, local, regional and National newspapers as well as many internet sources. JMO.

The answer is yes...

Back