Numbers Thread

Yes, I was joking. I have no idea how many came out for Strawn this year. That's something I've never know Coach Lee to share on this forum or elsewhere. He keeps his cards pretty close to the vest. In fact, I've wondered if he might not have bluffed a little bit in the past a time or two about things like weight and height of players maybe trying to intimidate opponents somewhat. He's a great guy but I wouldn't put a little posturing past him seeking an advantage. Don't blame him a bit either.
I've never been around any sixman towns other than Strawn and Gordon, I.E. DII. 39 players coming out, grades 9-12 seemed incredulous to me. Basically 10 boys per grade. Some years Strawn had only 3-4 players in a grade, maybe just a couple of starters.
If Coach Matlock says 39 I'm not questioning that. I was just kind of dumbfounded by such numbers, but I see Rankin at 36 and St. Jo at 37. I've been by Westbrook on the Interstate but never stopped in. This all makes me wonder if a lot of people who live there or just outside it in the district may work elsewhere like maybe Big Spring or Sweetwater or even Midland or Abilene as you can jump on I-20 and be gone at 75mph plus. Good Football to you all, as Don Hardin used to say.

Yes, I was joking. I have no idea how many came out for Strawn this year. That's something I've never know Coach Lee to share on this forum or elsewhere. He keeps his cards pretty close to the vest. In fact, I've wondered if he might not have bluffed a little bit in the past a time or two about things like weight and height of players maybe trying to intimidate opponents somewhat. He's a great guy but I wouldn't put a little posturing past him seeking an advantage. Don't blame him a bit either.
I've never been around any sixman towns other than Strawn and Gordon, I.E. DII. 39 players coming out, grades 9-12 seemed incredulous to me. Basically 10 boys per grade. Some years Strawn had only 3-4 players in a grade, maybe just a couple of starters.
If Coach Matlock says 39 I'm not questioning that. I was just kind of dumbfounded by such numbers, but I see Rankin at 36 and St. Jo at 37. I've been by Westbrook on the Interstate but never stopped in. This all makes me wonder if a lot of people who live there or just outside it in the district may work elsewhere like maybe Big Spring or Sweetwater or even Midland or Abilene as you can jump on I-20 and be gone at 75mph plus. Good Football to you all, as Don Hardin used to say.
We have mid 40’s total boys in high school, Jesse most of them decided to play this year which is great for the numbers and should be able to have 2 jv’s this year. We have Several that came out that haven’t in the past and I’m happy they did hopefully they can get some experience and improve with lots of playing time.

Back