Newby

Have you ever thought about the first person to eat an egg?......... Takes a special person to see something fall out of the back end of a chicken and say "That looks good, I think I'll eat it".................

Just wondering..........

That person was almost as brave as the person who picked up some bait and decided to eat it. Now we have crawfish (bait) boils all over the place.

The 11-man boards aren't nearly as fun...but Geneva is 8-0 against a mix of varsity and JV teams. The Boy is getting some notice for his blocking at center and his defense. No pass plays to him this year...so we miss that. Oh well...life moves on.

Hope y'all are all well.

TexianDoc

slide_322570_3047575_free.jpg

Random memory................. I know most of y'all are to young to have had this experience...............
School nurse would come to each classroom and "mop" throats with merthiolate..........

Merthiolate = germicide containing mercury:)

You know, I have come to realize out of the many, many jacked up post that have come (with some still going).

This one makes the most sense:)

Little Doc":1c6vveft said:
Was it methiolate or iodine?
Merthiolate........... I remember one kid who wore a white T-shirt to school cold weather or warm. He was always first in line......... Think he was hooked on the stuff

Have ya'll heard the term "mad as a hatter"? Seems around the early 1900's mercury was used help soften hats so that they could be shaped. Too much intake of mercury made them go insane.

Back