New to Sixman

CoachL2021

Six-man fan
We have been HEARING some schools are joining our sixman ranks. I have seen all the following schools mentioned:

Rotan
Nazareth
Marfa
Savoy
Lingleville
Blum
Anton

Anyone heard of others?

Campbell ISD is a possibility as is Tioga ISD (perhaps first as a JH program, then varsity, and then they're off to the crowded field races).

There is a possibility that Tilden McMullen ISD could start a JH program in 2012 and perhaps a varsity program a year or two later. Which reminds me, I haven't talked to my friends down there for several weeks.

Marfa would be a significant drop ... aren't they a 2A school right now?

Nazareth, from what I hear, may have a difficult time coming to terms with 6 man, but I think there are some of the locals who see that's the way to go. But I'm a long way from that neck'o the woods.

lifegatesports":3bema6qs said:

Nazareth, from what I hear, may have a difficult time coming to terms with 6 man, but I think there are some of the locals who see that's the way to go. But I'm a long way from that neck'o the woods.

I think Marfa's a 1 A school.

Naz will go for it if they put a keg in the stands fro all the home games. You know how them square heads are. :)

oldfat&bald":250hytij said:
lifegatesports":250hytij said:

I think Marfa's a 1 A school.

Naz will go for it if they put a keg in the stands fro all the home games. You know how them square heads are. :)

They went from 2A to 1A in 2004.

Marfa was 1A up through 1980 or so....then went 2A through '94.....from '95-'01 they were 1A again, then in '02-'03, Marfa cited travel and opted up to 2A with 1A numbers....been 1A since '04. Enrollment has been steadily dropping for a while. Border Patrol is a big employer, but the average cost of a house in Marfa is $175K (not a typo).....most Border Patrol employees commute from Alpine.

tcbxxvi":vnyanq96 said:
High Plains Drifter":vnyanq96 said:
Also has a large alternative lifestyle community.

Depends on what you mean.......there is a very high population of artists here. 23 art galleries in town.

Seems like they are the types that do not have kids. The enrollment figures show that.

Most are elementary age.....a few send them to a Montessory School in Alpine. There is money around town, but the school sees very...very....little.

We drove around the Courthouse square last weekend. Nice area. We used to buy a lot of old crop lambs out of Marfa 40 or so years ago. Didn't see too many sheep this trip.

According to a post on theoldcoach.com, Marfa turned in 98.

Baird also turned in a 93. (are they 1A crowded field or a commie pinko non-football school?)

See my post on page 14 of official numbers for realignment. I forgot to add "with their yellowed teeth and beady eyes".....somewhat like the nefarious gluttons they are.

Back