New to six man

Snow 73

11-man fan
This is my first year watching six man football. I am hooked. My Cards are 10-0 and we are just learning the game. I am very proud of our school and town. Keep up the good work.

Congrats on the success thus far. Your coach has done an excellent job of teaching the game to the boys, and the boys have done an outstanding job executing. Also saw on your schools website that it was the first playoff win EVER, congrats again. I'm looking forward to a good game this weekend, and while I'm not pulling for you cause I'm from Gordon, I am hoping for an injury free, hard fought contest from both teams.

Redbird, we're glad that your town chose to join the sixman family. I'm hoping to be at the game Friday. Make sure your boys are ready. Regardless of who wins, I want to see an injury free 4 quarter game!

We are getting close to a agreement on sites. Down to two places. Trying to get confirmation from the venues. Seems there is some holiday besides High School football this week. Will post when it is set. Looks like it will be Friday unless both sites fall through.

You got it.
Doc, that's what we are hoping for. So far the boys have shown up and played hard, don't think the coaches will let them drop the level this week. I thought we could have played better last week, but give credit to Walnut, they came to play.

Strawn brought a decent crowd to Saint Jo for a Thursday night playoff game in 08. Gordon should do the same on a Holiday weekend although I didn't think the crowd last Saturday was all that loud in support considering the circumstances.
Also, welcome to our world. Some perceive us as a little "different" but that's the way most of us like it. I like the rolling hills and oaks up that way, my parents lived between Nocona-Montague several years. Had a ggggrandad who moved to Nocona in the 1870's, a founding member of the Methodist Church there. Uncle Poss was constable or sheriff.

Some perceive us as a little "different" but that's the way most of us like it.

Brings to mind a quote that can apply to Six Man "You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same." Just because a large portion of folks don't understand the phenomenon that is Six Man, don't change what it is... the best sport in Texas.

Looks like Sixisenough and I will be at the Gordon / Savoy game Friday. Can't wait. Good luck to both teams.

Thanks, our boys have taken to the game and try to learn something from each game. I can tell you that the town has grown to love sixman football. I haven't had this much fun at games since I couldn't tell you when. Glad ya'll could come to the game. There are a few of us on here, Brawny and myself help with the stats and will be on the sideline so give a shout.

RedBird Man":2rlcq55d said:
Thanks, our boys have taken to the game and try to learn something from each game. I can tell you that the town has grown to love sixman football. I haven't had this much fun at games since I couldn't tell you when. Glad ya'll could come to the game. There are a few of us on here, Brawny and myself help with the stats and will be on the sideline so give a shout.
I think you guys are poised
to develope a 6man presentation
to use for other schools
who are considering making the move to 6man.
Please consider it.

Back