New State Records

Cavman1

Six-man fan
Covenant Classical's Whit Jewett #10
Caught his 76 career TD reception breaking the Texas six-man record for TD receptions on Covenant's 2nd possession tonight.
On Covenant's third possession, he caught his 77 TD catch break the Texas State Record for career TD's in any Division Six-man and 11 according to Dave Campbell's State records.
Congratulations to an outstanding receiver and young man.

Congratulations Whit! It has been a privilege to watch your career. Those two tonight were great catches to break the records with.
Good luck the rest of the season, and in your next step.

I'm surprised that there have not been more comments on this. I think it is pretty neat that a sixman athlete now holds the Texas All-time touchdown receiving record regardless of classification.
That means no 6A,5A,4A,3A,or 2A player playing 11-man which is now a much more passing style of play than sixman is.
I think this is an incredible accomplishment.

No one has researched and recorded private school 6man records as far as I know. ACHS, Greenville Christian, and Happy Hill had some great passing teams in the past so I would start looking at those schools to see if they had anything better to confirm this.

No one has researched and recorded private school 6man records as far as I know. ACHS, Greenville Christian, and Happy Hill had some great passing teams in the past so I would start looking at those schools to see if they had anything better to confirm this.
There is a distinction between public school and private school...but still amazing
The record was verified By Dave Campbell's Texas Football. So, that is about as good of a source as you will get.
As for the public vs. private thing, 38 of the 77 came against public schools, that is 49.3% of his TD receptions vs. public schools. Including10 against RS and 12 against Strawn in the past two seasons.
So,I think it is pretty legit.

Elite statistic but 100% will not be recognized on the elite level of an 11man receiver. It will only be among 6man fans just like the 6man stud players before that put up gawky flag football numbers. If he put up this number on the 11man level, talk would be everywhere and could go to any school he wished and now would be paid big money. If you want to up your chances on scholarship football then get to an 11man school and put up these numbers.
The old boots on here will now say a few opinions but ask them what they did. I’m a huge fan, ex, supporter of 6man, and yes, The majority of all American men want to watch Heavy metal/techno over Sinatra on turf. But reality and real is real when it comes to this game. Will always be.

FWCC has a well oiled passing offense no doubt. Someone failed to mention who is throwing all those passes and who is protecting the quarterback while he makes all those passes?? It's still a team sport and Whit does a great job of catching all those great passes. Meanwhile understand that Richland Springs and Strawn have lousy pass defenses and yet they play better pass defense than all the other competition FWCC faced. The FWCC passer was seldom pressured and no one could keep up with Whit resulting in multiple pitch and catch opportunities. It's to FWCC credit that they have developed such a high octane offense. If they added just a little hardnosed run offense with more defense they would be unbeatable. That's a fact. Look at their scores.

Everyone have you watched the evolution of the game at the collegiate and NFL levels? It's a passing game now. Receivers get drafted and signed ahead of stud running backs. The Tennessee Titans are about the only team in the NFL built around a running back. Are there opportunities for 6-man players? Yes, there are. They may not be at the Big Boy DI schools, but there is plenty of chances to play at DII and DIII and NAIA schools.

FWCC has a well oiled passing offense no doubt. Someone failed to mention who is throwing all those passes and who is protecting the quarterback while he makes all those passes?? It's still a team sport and Whit does a great job of catching all those great passes. Meanwhile understand that Richland Springs and Strawn have lousy pass defenses and yet they play better pass defense than all the other competition FWCC faced. The FWCC passer was seldom pressured and no one could keep up with Whit resulting in multiple pitch and catch opportunities. It's to FWCC credit that they have developed such a high octane offense. If they added just a little hardnosed run offense with more defense they would be unbeatable. That's a fact. Look at their scores.
That would be Lanham Briley #8. I seem to remember Strawn getting quite a bit of pressure on him. They just could not keep him from escaping and getting the pass off. You are right that they never sacked him.

Everyone have you watched the evolution of the game at the collegiate and NFL levels? It's a passing game now. Receivers get drafted and signed ahead of stud running backs. The Tennessee Titans are about the only team in the NFL built around a running back. Are there opportunities for 6-man players? Yes, there are. They may not be at the Big Boy DI schools, but there is plenty of chances to play at DII and DIII and NAIA schools.
You can have one arm a Prosthetic leg and go to a Division III a couple NAIA and D2 schools. ANYONE can try out for a D3 college. Had the same vision and dream you are visioning now, once, and Did it, Settle down. Get him to 3,4,5 star camps, join AAU camps, if stuck at 6man school. Don’t ruin what your team has going, it’s 6man buddy Tecno doesn’t have national television award shows. Sinatra does (Reality)

They also have 475 students K-12, I don’t know of any uil teams that have that many. I’m not sure if there is a limit on enrollment in private schools in order to play six man or what that is, but that is Small 2 A in uil.

Live Oak has had two players play for D1 schools. West Virginia and Baylor in the last 6 years.

I was glad to call the Baird @ FWCC game a few weeks ago and man oh man is FWCC the real deal! It's no wonder Strawn and Richland Springs had a score a ridiculous amount of points to even win! The Cavalier offense is ELITE! The staff is also friendly there as well! Congrats Whit!🏈

Back