New State Records

The record was verified By Dave Campbell's Texas Football. So, that is about as good of a source as you will get.
As for the public vs. private thing, 38 of the 77 came against public schools, that is 49.3% of his TD receptions vs. public schools. Including10 against RS and 12 against Strawn in the past two seasons.
So,I think it is pretty legit.
I dont know what you mean by verified by Dave Campbell's as they dont recognize Lance Morris as the all time rushing record holder are any other 6man individual player record for that matter (they do team and coaching wins like Ft Hancock's consecutive games won but not individual stats). They dont include public with private and they dont include 6man with 11man (I know bc I worked for them and have 1st hand knowledge of this for 10 years and fought for 6man players like Lance Morris to be seen as the Texas HSFB record holder with them). Take a look at the back of their magazine and you will see that 6man is segregated from 11man...and if you are curious who recorded researched and found all those 6man records well it was me and I did not look at or research private schools at all so I know first hand that no one has. So again I dont know what you mean by verified here but I can tell you that regardless of what you or I think it is a 6man private school record (unless someone has more which like I said is possible bc no one has researched that) and if there is a complied list of 6man private school records then who is now #2 on that list? (I am only asking bc to my point there is no such compiled record list for private schools and it is a rhetorical question on my part). Yes it was amazing and great, never said it wasnt, but it is a private school record (maybe but likely I would say)....private schools and public schools are not the same thing and thus have their own separate records

Last edited:
I think maybe Tommy Wells included public and private schools together as one but he is the only one I have known to do that and that was years ago and his magazine long since defunct...but he would be a good source to check with for private school records from the 1990s-2000s to check against

UIL operates by different rules especially in regards to enrollments, which has been pointed out here, which is why you dont co-mingles public school and private school records/stats and why they shouldnt be lumped together.

Last edited:
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Are there any other published records that say anyone has more than 77 receiving touchdowns in his career? It sounds like they tried to verify what official records there were before saying anything. If another number exists, let that team/coach/source step forward to certify said record. Congratulations to Mr. Jewett and FWCC on the new record.

I could be wrong, but I don't think private schools participated in 6-Man prior to about ten years ago. I was a band director in 2 private schools in the Metroplex from 84 through 2005 and I never heard 6 man mentioned.

I could be wrong, but I don't think private schools participated in 6-Man prior to about ten years ago. I was a band director in 2 private schools in the Metroplex from 84 through 2005 and I never heard 6 man mentioned.
Private schools been playing 6 man since late 80's. Calvary Christian and Southwest Christian played 6 man I know.

Regarding the thread topic . . .

When Jake Richards of Motley County set the state record for rushing yards two years ago, for all levels, it was ignored by the 11 man world.

As was Strawn's Harrison Nowak's 15 Passing Touchdowns in a game

I don't care if they put an asterisk and quote marks around "Six Man". These accomplishments should be formally acknowledged.

Regarding the thread topic . . .

When Jake Richards of Motley County set the state record for rushing yards two years ago, for all levels, it was ignored by the 11 man world.

As was Strawn's Harrison Nowak's 15 Passing Touchdowns in a game

I don't care if they put an asterisk and quote marks around "Six Man". These accomplishments should be formally acknowledged.
Leman could ask Dave Campbell to write an article about this lack of respect of six man records? Some the records tend to resemble pinball machine type numbers, like Harrison Nowak's 15 passing touchdowns in one game. I witnessed that game. Thought it was never going to end.

Yes and as I said I compiled all those and I did not look at private schools at all and no one has. Those are public school only records and there are reasons why you dont mix the two and they should be separate. (yes I get that they played public schools but the point is enrollment and eligibilities are not the same as UIL, as are other things, so you cant lump them with public schools)

It is very likely that this is a private school 6man record and I would say it is likely the private school record until proven otherwise...but I know three private school programs that threw all the time and no one has checked their stats I am willing to bet. This is a great opportunity for someone to actually compile a private school's record list.

Midcities - I asked DCTF if they have verified this as a state record and they have not.

51eleven - they are acknowledged, go look at the records section in the back of Dave Campbell's Magazine, the 6man guys are there I turn them in every year for publication and Greg Tepper has been great at keeping them in there.

Private schools have played 6man since the 1930s, Victoria Saint Joseph was a great private school six-man team in 1938. Amarillo Price was another one in the 30s 40s and Abilene Christian played in their first season in six-man in 1938.

Tommy Wells is the only person I know (other than myself) that would have some Private School 6man stats compiled in some form. I have some Happy Hill player stats from the 1990s and maybe some passing stats from Abilene Christian in the 1990s.

Again probably 90% sure this kid would be the record holders for these in the private school ranks, but I would check against 1990s Happy Hill, 1990s Abilene Christian and 2000s Greenville players stats first. Im sure some recent teams have done well too, Azle Christian and Parkview I believe had some prolific passing teams so check their stats from the last 10 years too. That would give you a good base to go off of and you can build from there.

Reach out to some of the TAPPS guys who have been around a while and go from there.

Until proven otherwise Im ok with someone saying this is a 6man PRIVATE SCHOOL Record

Here is a link to a 2012 thread with some private school passing stats...I was posting under KnowMyStuff that year some it looks like

I checked to see if I could find some 1996 ACHS receiving stats and no luck yet

Note that sheet from Happy Hill was sent out before their playoff game with Midland Christian in 1993...so the stats from that game are not included in the season and career totals (I looked it up and added them on the records sheet I am making)

After a day of looking and working on this the Jewett is sitting at top of the single game receiving lists for all 3 categories (not even close for yards)

Leman could ask Dave Campbell to write an article about this lack of respect of six man records? Some the records tend to resemble pinball machine type numbers, like Harrison Nowak's 15 passing touchdowns in one game. I witnessed that game. Thought it was never going to end.
I saw that game of Harry's too. I was amazed. Somewhere around 8 or 9 I started thinking, another one? Then another one, another one, and it kept happening. I was kind of delirious by the end. I know he loved BB more but the young man could chunk the rock. But for a injury they might have made a decent run that year. He comes from a great family to boot.

I saw that game of Harry's too. I was amazed. Somewhere around 8 or 9 I started thinking, another one? Then another one, another one, and it kept happening. I was kind of delirious by the end. I know he loved BB more but the young man could chunk the rock. But for a injury they might have made a decent run that year. He comes from a great family to boot.
Yes Strawn lost to both May and Gordon by narrow margins and missed the playoffs. If I remember correctly that game was played in Gustine.

Back