Motley co vs jayton nov 5th for district championship

since we're throwing stones, you're absolutely wrong about motley not having played anybody. compared to who strawn? Richland? strawn played westbrook and FWCC, Motley is playing jayton this week and FYI has about the same rating as FWCC. I predict motley 45's jayton. Richland Recruiters? they played FWCC. knox city, spur, crowell,and kress more solid than any of the teams on strawn or Richlands schedule other than the ones mentioned. FACTS dont care about your feelings! you might not FEEL like motley has played anybody but since this website is pretty much all we have as far as research on scores and rankings, you might do a lil researching next time👍
What exactly do you mean by "Richland Recruiters"?

Your funny Richland springs isn't that good this year and everyone knows it but the people of Richland. FWCC would give motley a good game but motley would win n they wouldn't put no 90 up on motley maybe 50. And strawn beat westbrook by 16 just as motley county. Hopefully we will see motley vs strawn at att
I have watched Richland Springs play every game this year. As an objective observer, they are a GOOD team. They continue to improve each game. True to their tradition under coach Jerry Burkhart, their offense is explosive and very entertaining to watch. During Richland Springs' 119 to 112 victory over Fort Worth Covenant Classical, Jadeyn Bryant rushed for 523 yards and 12 touchdowns on 31 carries. Richland scored 46 points in the 4th period. If Richland fine tunes their defense, they will be hard to beat. As you are probably aware, Dave Campbell and SixManFootball.com currently rank Richland 3rd in Class A Division II.

Maxp
I have watched Richland Springs play every game this year. As an objective observer, they are a GOOD team. They continue to improve each game. True to their tradition under coach Jerry Burkhart, their offense is explosive and very entertaining to watch. During Richland Springs' 119 to 112 victory over Fort Worth Covenant Classical, Jadeyn Bryant rushed for 523 yards and 12 touchdowns on 31 carries. Richland scored 46 points in the 4th period. If Richland fine tunes their defense, they will be hard to beat. As you are probably aware, Dave Campbell and SixManFootball.com currently rank Richland 3rd in Class A Division II.
Maxpreps also ranks Richland 3rd.

What exactly do you mean by "Richland Recruiters"?
😂 you know exactly what I mean, since 2001 they've been to the big dance 11 times and won 9!! been 7 times since 2010 and only lost 1!those yrs being in division 2. Natural home grown talent? I believe that about like I believe Biden got 81 million votes. I know you'll probably come back with an argument of denial but for me I'm a numbers guy and no arguement you present will change my mind. the numbers speak for themselves.

Just to put some numbers to this debate on who has, and hasn't played anyone, here are the top 3 teams in division 2, along with their average opponent rating as of today. According to the "toy", Richland Springs has actually had the toughest schedule, out of the three, to this point.

#1 Motley County: 244.01
#2 Strawn: 248.12
#3 Richland Springs: 255.56

thanks Mike, I was wrong. As to the Longhorns75 guy, looks like the not even close comment got blew out of the water.

In the spirit of keeping the debate alive, if only for our entertainment, I'm not saying that the "toy" is right. I just wanted to throw it out there because I have a feeling, if nothing else, it's more unbiased than any individual would be.

Just to put some numbers to this debate on who has, and hasn't played anyone, here are the top 3 teams in division 2, along with their average opponent rating as of today. According to the "toy", Richland Springs has actually had the toughest schedule, out of the three, to this point.

#1 Motley County: 244.01
#2 Strawn: 248.12
#3 Richland Springs: 255.56
With all respect to the Toy there is a serious problem with these ratings then. Burnet Smoking for Jesus alone is much tougher competition than what Richland Springs played other than FWCC which both Strawn and RS played. Motley and Strawn both played and beat Westbrook which RS has no comparative victory. I understand that at some point arbitrary numbers are assigned to the guesstimated skill level of each team on a sliding scale but that appears to be subjective on the part of the assingnee. Only explanation for RS average opponent ratings is their loss to Marble Falls Faith. Other than that their schedule looks like their usual list of suspects. Motley County is pretty much hard wired into their schedule which they play without fail year in and year out. I do think Richland Springs is lot better team than what some of our experts are claiming. Playoffs will be really good for all the right reasons

thanks Mike, I was wrong. As to the Longhorns75 guy, looks like the not even close comment got blew out of the water.
You have problems with perception. Motley average opponent rating is lower than Strawn's and Richland Spring's which is what I had posted because of Motley's weaker schedule. Not Motley's fault that it is weaker but it is what it is. Not picking on Crowell but Crowell is 1 and 6 this season! Not very competitive this year. If Motley rolls up 60 points on a lot of average teams like Crowell it doesn't prove much. I understand that you Think Motley County is the latest and greatest at this time but they haven't proved it yet based on their schedule. If Motley beats everyone and wins state that is great but their work is cut out for them. What I posted is what any knowledgeable fan would figure out by comparing opponents and general trends of the best teams.

With all respect to the Toy there is a serious problem with these ratings then. Burnet Smoking for Jesus alone is much tougher competition than what Richland Springs played other than FWCC which both Strawn and RS played. Motley and Strawn both played and beat Westbrook which RS has no comparative victory. I understand that at some point arbitrary numbers are assigned to the guesstimated skill level of each team on a sliding scale but that appears to be subjective on the part of the assingnee. Only explanation for RS average opponent ratings is their loss to Marble Falls Faith. Other than that their schedule looks like their usual list of suspects. Motley County is pretty much hard wired into their schedule which they play without fail year in and year out. I do think Richland Springs is lot better team than what some of our experts are claiming. Playoffs will be really good for all the right reasons

Yes, the average opponent rating does count opponents that beat a team too. However, even if you want to remove Marble Falls Faith, then Richland Springs still has an average opponent rating of around 236.5, which would still leave all 3 of these teams in the same ballpark as far as overall average opponent rating.

All this said, I'd agree that the ratings are always a whole other debate that we can have from week to week. With as many teams as there are, though, it would be impossible for any system to be completely accurate.

Like has been mentioned before, though, regardless of what the rankings say or, frankly, what any of us fans say, the only way to settle these debates is to have the teams line up on a Friday night and work it out that way. I have a feeling we'll see some of these match-ups soon enough! Until then, we can only speculate.

I understand that at some point arbitrary numbers are assigned to the guesstimated skill level of each team on a sliding scale but that appears to be subjective on the part of the assingnee.

I should also mention that numbers are only altered by a human once, during the pre-season rankings. After that, everything is left up to the machine. I'm not sure how much the starting point factors in this late in the season, but I can play around with it a bit this evening and find out. I'm actually quite curious about that myself now.

You have problems with perception. Motley average opponent rating is lower than Strawn's and Richland Spring's which is what I had posted because of Motley's weaker schedule. Not Motley's fault that it is weaker but it is what it is. Not picking on Crowell but Crowell is 1 and 6 this season! Not very competitive this year. If Motley rolls up 60 points on a lot of average teams like Crowell it doesn't prove much. I understand that you Think Motley County is the latest and greatest at this time but they haven't proved it yet based on their schedule. If Motley beats everyone and wins state that is great but their work is cut out for them. What I posted is what any knowledgeable fan would figure out by comparing opponents and general trends of the best teams.
fair enough I can except that. just like any other man who takes pride in his childhood hometown I jumped at the opportunity to defend motley county. the not even close comment really got my debate brain moving. all in good fun and I appreciate mike keeping this roller coaster moving👍

Flip a coin between those 3 teams. Anyone of those 3 teams could beat each other on any given night. Just got to wait and see who's night it's going to be!

Motley County will 45 Jayton!! Those are the Facts. Jake Richard's is the best runningback in D2, Jayton won't have an answer for this kid. I hope it's injury free....And Goodluck to both!
I know westbrook faced some injures but for kicks who are the top 3 toughest teams westbrook has faced in order under your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
#1 in D2 Motley County lost by 16
#2 in D2 Strawn lost by 16
Now #2 in D1Water Valley lost by 21
In week 6 #7 D1 Garden City lost by 12
Oh and Beat what was the #2 Sterling City by 10 Two Weeks ago!

Last edited:
Back