Most Anticipated Games of 2022

Strawn can always check moved for athletic purposes. Just because you take a new job at another district doesn't automatically make your kid eligible.
Have seen 3 coaches kids blocked in the last year when they moved jobs. Not saying this is right or should happen in any capacity. I just know it has happened. Hopefully we get the guys we hired here and just get to work.

Have seen 3 coaches kids blocked in the last year when they moved jobs. Not saying this is right or should happen in any capacity. I just know it has happened. Hopefully we get the guys we hired here and just get to work.
I have seen it myself. I don't think its right. Was just saying but we all know when you start blocking transfers then they will start blocking ones coming to you. If you change jobs your children should be able to go and be eligible

What if that Coach was non-renewed? I dont see how his kid would be ineligible because of that...

From a non-renewed assistant coach at a 6man school in Texas??? If you could do me the kindness, and find facts about your statement, it would be gratefully appreciated.
My comment had nothing to do with non renewed Or fired or any certain terms for leaving, just that some coaches have left for new jobs and had their kids blocked. Most times it had to do with the things the coaches and kids said around the school and community about going to win a championship or to start for a different team or whatever. When a school or community is losing a coveted player they can be very bitter and petty about it. One situation I heard about was that a kid at school recorded the things the leaving student was telling other kids about “we are going to school x to win a ring”. Well that was used against them and he was blocked while his dad was the coach at the new school. It was in big field (11man) somewhere not sure where.

They can't non-renew you if you actually moved and live in district, as long as your whole family moves. If your whole family packs up and moves to a new school then you are fine. If your mom and a sibling or any other combo stay behind at the old address then they will consider that a move for sports. This is your checklist.

1. Do you live outside the attendance zone
2. Do your parents(if married) live at a different address
3. Did you chance schools but not move?
4. Do you own more than one house
5. Does a family member still live at the old address
6. Do your siblings that live with the same parent go to your new school as well.
7. Have you been held back since 7th Grade
8. Are you 19
9. Have you ever been paid to play your sport.
10. Did anyone from the new school talk to your prior to transfer
11. Were you kicked off your old team.

If your answer yes to any of these your are probably ineligible unless you have a good reason.

For example I knew a kid who moved in with an uncle but wanted to play her senior year. The reason why was that she had MS and mom was basically having her run the entire household. This was causing severe stress which made her MS even worse. So she moved with Uncle for medical reasons. It took them a while to get her eligible though.

They can't non-renew you if you actually moved and live in district, as long as your whole family moves. If your whole family packs up and moves to a new school then you are fine. If your mom and a sibling or any other combo stay behind at the old address then they will consider that a move for sports. This is your checklist.

1. Do you live outside the attendance zone
2. Do your parents(if married) live at a different address
3. Did you chance schools but not move?
4. Do you own more than one house
5. Does a family member still live at the old address
6. Do your siblings that live with the same parent go to your new school as well.
7. Have you been held back since 7th Grade
8. Are you 19
9. Have you ever been paid to play your sport.
10. Did anyone from the new school talk to your prior to transfer
11. Were you kicked off your old team.

If your answer yes to any of these your are probably ineligible unless you have a good reason.

For example I knew a kid who moved in with an uncle but wanted to play her senior year. The reason why was that she had MS and mom was basically having her run the entire household. This was causing severe stress which made her MS even worse. So she moved with Uncle for medical reasons. It took them a while to get her eligible though.

You are looking at only part of the form. If the box is checked indicating moved for athletic purposes then the student can still be ruled ineligible, regardless if they meet residency requirements.

You are looking at only part of the form. If the box is checked indicating moved for athletic purposes then the student can still be ruled ineligible, regardless if they meet residency requirements.
They can put that but then it has to be proven with documentation at the DEC. If they misrule, then SEC will have a meeting. Normally, If you meet all of the requirements listed above, you will have to make a very obvious mistake. I know a kid who shouted at his coach as he left "Screw you, I'll just go play for XXXXXX" Now that situation is for that. However, if a kids family moves to a different district, even if for sports, they would be eligible unless they've really screwed up in that department.

They can put that but then it has to be proven with documentation at the DEC. If they misrule, then SEC will have a meeting. Normally, If you meet all of the requirements listed above, you will have to make a very obvious mistake. I know a kid who shouted at his coach as he left "Screw you, I'll just go play for XXXXXX" Now that situation is for that. However, if a kids family moves to a different district, even if for sports, they would be eligible unless they've really screwed up in that department.

False

If that previous school checked that little box that says moved for athletic purposes, it’s an automatic DEC meeting. They will have to vote on it. The coach who checked that box will be asked to submit a written statement and then be a part of the DEC meeting. It is the family who has to prove they did not move for athletic purposes. The only time I have seen it get reversed was when the coach who checked the box openly said at the DEC meeting he no longer felt the family moved for athletic purposes.

If the DEC votes and says he/she can play, then he/she can play. If they vote no, you’re basically a dead duck. I haven’t seen the UIL go against the DEC vote. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. Just rare.

False

If that previous school checked that little box that says moved for athletic purposes, it’s an automatic DEC meeting. They will have to vote on it. The coach who checked that box will be asked to submit a written statement and then be a part of the DEC meeting. It is the family who has to prove they did not move for athletic purposes. The only time I have seen it get reversed was when the coach who checked the box openly said at the DEC meeting he no longer felt the family moved for athletic purposes.

If the DEC votes and says he/she can play, then he/she can play. If they vote no, you’re basically a dead duck. I haven’t seen the UIL go against the DEC vote. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. Just rare.
Like I said, The coach who checked it has to write a statement on why he believes the kid transferred for athletic purposes. I've sat in a lot of DEC meetings and have seen this happen plenty of times. I had a kid two years ago get ruled ineligible by DEC for athletic purposes and then get it overturned by SEC. The proof is on the coach at DEC and the kid at SEC. If the DEC believes the coaches statement or believes it rises to that level then they will vote no. At SEC you are essentially appealing that decision so the proof is on the kid.

Like I said, The coach who checked it has to write a statement on why he believes the kid transferred for athletic purposes. I've sat in a lot of DEC meetings and have seen this happen plenty of times. I had a kid two years ago get ruled ineligible by DEC for athletic purposes and then get it overturned by SEC. The proof is on the coach at DEC and the kid at SEC. If the DEC believes the coaches statement or believes it rises to that level then they will vote no. At SEC you are essentially appealing that decision so the proof is on the kid.
Been away from six man football a good while, but I am sick of these coaches like Rigdon, Etheridge, Burkhardt, etc. that have peddled their kids for the sake of winning a championship. They are a disgrace to six-man football and are a real joke to true coaches that build teams from their community kids regardless of wins and losses. To me they are weak, gutless people that should not hold the title of coach. They are like the NBA players that shop around for the championship teams because they can't stand the thought of not being the winner of all. They make me sick.

These are the games I’m most anticipated about. I know some games aren’t up on the schedule, so I’m only going on the ones that are there.

Week 1 - Westbrook vs Happy: could be the rematch of the Semifinals

Week 2 - Irion County vs Benjamin: both should be 1-0 both should be ranked in the top 10 in their respective divisions

Week 3 - Rankin vs Westbrook / Strawn vs Gordon: I bet there’s still a salty taste in the Red Devil’s mouth and hopefully the game will be recorded by the Red Devil’s Network. Also Strawn-Gordon because it’s Strawn-Gordon

Week 4 - Garden City vs May: this one I may have to go to if I can

Week 5 - Van Horn vs Rankin / Garden City vs Westbrook: hate that I’m saying the same teams but goodness these games would be great

Week 6 - Leakey vs Irion County: could be looking at two district champs playing each other before district play

Week 7 - Cherokee vs Richland Springs: District championship in the first week of district? I think so

Week 8 - Eden vs Irion County / May vs Lometa: with three solid teams in each district, these two games are important to a playoff berth. These could be the four teams playing in the regional quarterfinals against each other

Week 9 - Blackwell vs Loraine / Valley vs Spur / Hermleigh vs Westbrook: I see these as three district championship games

Week 10 - May vs Jonesboro: this is the game people are going to pay attention to. Potentially a regional final game

Week 11 - Garden City vs Rankin / Eden vs Menard / Ira vs Hermleigh: all three of these games can either be district championship games or win and your in the playoffs. Plus playing a rival on the final week wouldn’t hurt anyone

Just my personal opinion, Menard and Garden City could set the tone for the Yellowjackets. After the spanking in week one, A win against GC could propel Menard down the track to a successful transition to Sixman. A loss may bring out the 11 man “I told you so” ’ers.
Maybe. I’m hoping Menard can go 4-2 before district but I don’t think they’ll be any “‘I told you so’ ’ers”. Look at how Irion County is doing after only 3 years of six man.

Week 1 - Westbrook vs Happy
Week 2 - Westbrook vs Jonesboro / Irion County vs Benjamin
Week 3 - Westbrook vs Rankin
Week 4 - Garden City vs May
Week 5 - Westbrook vs Garden City
Week 10 - May vs Jonesboro
Week 11 - Garden City vs Rankin

I think teams like Westbrook, Garden City, Rankin and Borden County will have some tough games leading into district. GC, Rankin and BC will have a tough district sorting out the top 2. Westbrook should be the heavy favorite in their district. These two districts will face each other again in Region 2 playoffs. Westbrook's preseason schedule is loaded again this year. Happy #7, Jonesboro #4, Rankin #6, Spur and GC #5

Not familiar with GC full schedule but looks like May #3, Westbrook #1, Borden County #8 and Rankin #6.

Week 1 - Westbrook vs Happy
Week 2 - Westbrook vs Jonesboro / Irion County vs Benjamin
Week 3 - Westbrook vs Rankin
Week 4 - Garden City vs May
Week 5 - Westbrook vs Garden City
Week 10 - May vs Jonesboro
Week 11 - Garden City vs Rankin

I think teams like Westbrook, Garden City, Rankin and Borden County will have some tough games leading into district. GC, Rankin and BC will have a tough district sorting out the top 2. Westbrook should be the heavy favorite in their district. These two districts will face each other again in Region 2 playoffs. Westbrook's preseason schedule is loaded again this year. Happy #7, Jonesboro #4, Rankin #6, Spur and GC #5

Not familiar with GC full schedule but looks like May #3, Westbrook #1, Borden County #8 and Rankin #6.
This is similar to what Sterling City had to go through to their state title

Back