More on the 2018 TCAF Clinic of Champions

Broadcaster

Six-man fan
Please get your registrations in or at least notify me of your planning to come to the TCAF 2018 Clinic of Champions. A copy of the registration can be found at ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1COsb-T ... sp=sharing ). I need a head count so as to be able to prepare for lunch.
February 17 @ Nazarene Christian - Crowley, Texas
Contact: Bill Reed, TCAF Director- 817-692-4605 or [email protected]

WHO IS SPEAKING?
Gary Rushing – He is currently coaching at Azle Christian School. His previous coaching stints include, but are not limited to head football coach @ Azle HS (11 man) where he has more wins there than any other coach in the school’s history. Springtown, where he was the offensive coordinator for over 10 years. At Springtown, his teams advanced to the playoffs several years and included a trip to the State Class 3A Semi-finals in 1995. After Azle HS, he was led to be the head football coach and athletic director at Azle Christian School which was his first sixman coaching job. While at Azle, he has won THREE STATE CHAMPIONS. His teams have advanced to the State on THREE other occasions, they advanced to the STATE FINALS, coming up just short of STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. His overall coaching record at ACS is 79-16.

Ronnie Crumpton- Ronnie has been the head coach for 21 years at Milford High School. He is also one of the officers in the Texas HS Sixman Coaching Association. He has made 14 playoff experiences while at Milford and won 9 DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIPS! Other accomplishments included are trips to: 1996 State Semifinals, 2010 State Semifinals, 2013 State Championship bracket, and 2017 State Semifinals! He has made the playoffs for the past 13 years while at Milford. Ronnie is going to speak on his sweep and counter sweep game, play action passing game, and spread passing game.

Eddie Gallegos- Eddie is the head coach of the Jonesboro Eagles. The Eagles have now won 8 STRAIGHT DISTRICT TITLES! They were in the Quarter Finals of 2015, The STATE SEMIFINALS in 2016, the STATE FINALS OF 2017!
Eddie is going to talk up some DEFENSE AT THE CLINIC concentrating on defense vs the spread offense both passing and running games. He will also speak on his rush package and coverages.

Matt Rodgers – Matt Rodgers, Waco Methodist Children’s Home, was the Cen-Tex coach of the year in 2017. He was also the TCAF STATE CHAMPION for Division 1 sixman football. In 2014, 2015, and 2016, the team from Waco came up just short of state championships by advancing to the FINALS. In 2013, they made it to the SEMIFINALS, but fell short of the Finals. The GREATEST THING ABOUT Matt Rodgers is his TESTIMONY. He has an amazing life story and will always have my respect.
Matt is going to discuss the following items.
• Yearly Program Organization
• Practice Organization
• Game Prep, Game Day, Game Night
• Question / Answer Discussion

Brad Schupach- Head Football Coach at Dallas Lutheran. Brad won the Division 1 TAPPS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS 2017 SEASON. He is currently in his third season at Dallas Lutheran. He is also the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR for the NPSFL DALLAS DEFENDERS. (NATIONAL PUBLIC SAFETY FOOTBALL LEAGUE). He also started the football program at Wylie Preparatory.
Topics of discussion for Brad include:
• Offensive drills and progressions
• Defensive drills and progressions
• Base Defensive Alignments, Adjustments, and Zone Coverages

Mike Hendon – Head Coach at North Central Texas Academy. Mike has played in his first TAPPS STATE DIVISION 3 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND at only 26 years old. He served as a middle school coach in Hobbs, NM for two years prior to NCTA. He played 4 years college ball and was selected all conference in 2 of those years. He has also worked 4 years as a youth pastor. Mike believes that physical and mental preparation were and are keys to success.
Mike is speaking on:
• In season training as related to sixman football
• Off-season training as related to sixman football
• Skills & Drills for off-season football

Come on and get your registrations in. Food is being ordered Friday and it is looking good! If you plan to come, let me know via a message, email, or text. I don't want to leave anyone off that wants to be a part of the clinic.

If any of you have not registered and think you are going to come to the clinic this Saturday, please fill out a registration form, (on the first post) and email it to me. You can also call me at 817-692-4605. I am putting together final plans for the clinic on 2/7, this Saturday. No big deal if you just show up... Walk ups are more than welcome. I just want to have a great clinic and pass on as much information as we can!

Thanks
Bill Reed, TCAF Director
817-692-4605
[email protected]

Back