MLB Playoffs

The Godfather #5

11-man fan
is it just me or has the baseball playoffs been boring? 4 out of the 5 series so far have been sweeps the the other going 3-1. hopefully the boston-cleveland series will go 7 games and give us a little excitement.

Colorado has been a great story. Cleveland is really good, with great pitching. Everyone else lost everything they had once the postseason rolled around. Looks like we'll continue that same 'boring' pattern into the Series. Cle/Col will be the worst ratings in a while.

Old Bearkat":4x9oexsm said:
Maybe the Tribe will win their first one in 60 years now.

here's hoping that's not so...I can remember the excitement when Colorado finally got a MLB team - the Rockies are scorching - Rocktober, baby! (it'll probably never happen again in my lifetime)

j_bird_s":16wgt3pu said:
here's hoping that's not so...I can remember the excitement when Colorado finally got a MLB team - the Rockies are scorching - Rocktober, baby! (it'll probably never happen again in my lifetime)

well not with that attitude.

I heard sportscaster over a radio station suggest that FOX's worst case would be a World Series between Cleveland and Colorado. Their ratings would be terrible. Personnally if the Yankees or the Red Sox make the Series I don't watch any of the games. Cleveland and Colorado I might look in on every now and then.

They were talking about the series in Colorado at end of October, can you say, a fur lined cup? Wow, I can see the headlines now, Series to be played in December. Hope not.

Personally, I do not like the divisional playoffs. That is the reason the WS has extended into late October. Denver weather will probably not be pleasant, especially at night, and Cleveland (or Boston) also can get pretty chilly this time of the year.

Drop 3 or 4 teams per league and go back to pre 1969, where the team that wins the most games during the season goes to the series. That's my preference. If you want to keep the current playoff structure, shorten the season by 2 weeks, about 10 games or so.

The end of October is football time, not baseball......

The entire playoff format is terrible. Same way in basketball. TV is controlling the scheduling. The reason it lasts so long now, is because they spread all the games out to be viewed on TV. Terrible!

A late October series in COL is not by idea of fun.

Old Bearkat":1c7m1yvy said:
Personally, I do not like the divisional playoffs. That is the reason the WS has extended into late October. Denver weather will probably not be pleasant, especially at night, and Cleveland (or Boston) also can get pretty chilly this time of the year.

Drop 3 or 4 teams per league and go back to pre 1969, where the team that wins the most games during the season goes to the series. That's my preference. If you want to keep the current playoff structure, shorten the season by 2 weeks, about 10 games or so.

The end of October is football time, not baseball......

I agree wholeheartedly...but for this year, the WS is coming to Denver (there hasn't been a title game played in Colorado since the ABA days that I'm aware of)...now if I can only score tickets, since we've got a bye that week!

19bootleg":oaw7fvns said:
I think the long break cooled the Rockies off. And Boston picked up some momentum in the ALCS.

Sox in 5.

I agree, Sox in 5 and it wouldn't surprise me to see a sweep! Beckett is down right nasty right now! Schilling is throwing better and is big game tested! Manny is killing the ball, even though he is lazy and doesn't deserve to be playing! It shouldn't be close!

Stranger things have happened though! :?

Back