Mitchell county

I know yā€™all are proud of Mitchell County as it should be. Most likely barring any injuries WB will grab two in a row but Lorain will not beat Benjamin. Still something to be proud of no doubt. But simply put if no injuries occur then D1 is WB D2 is Benjamin. WB gets its second by default it was a catch last year. šŸ˜‚ thatā€™s for Fencelineguy and wildcats5421. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Ya two teams from same county in the same year has never happened...two teams pretty close (Sterling City and Garden City in 2010...32 miles) and a few others that were pretty close together groupings (Rule, Motley Co, Woodson all in 2007 for example) but ya never two or more from the same county and Im not sure how many options there are for that to even happen where one was D1 and one D2...Nolan and Mitchell I know off hand but what other counties could that even be possible (and different years could also yield different possibilities as well)?

Yea
Ya two teams from same county in the same year has never happened...two teams pretty close (Sterling City and Garden City in 2010...32 miles) and a few others that were pretty close together groupings (Rule, Motley Co, Woodson all in 2007 for example) but ya never two or more from the same county and Im not sure how many options there are for that to even happen where one was D1 and one D2...Nolan and Mitchell I know off hand but what other counties could that even be possible (and different years could also yield different possibilities as well)?
yeah definitely pretty rare.. not many options with two schools in the same county that are in different divisions

As I said before, Palo Pinto County with Gordon in D1 and Strawn in D2.

As I said before, Palo Pinto County with Gordon in D1 and Strawn in D2.
Ya usually those two are in the same division and district which makes it impossible...but a good example of how it could change depending on the years. So that's 5 counties Palp Pinto (Gordon d1, Strawn d2), Mitchell (Westbrook d1, Loraine d2), Nolan (Highland d1 Blackwell d2), Coke (Robert Lee d1, Bronte d2), Concho (Eden d1 Paint Rock d2...got to be a few more out there...

Ya usually those two are in the same division and district which makes it impossible...but a good example of how it could change depending on the years. So that's 5 counties Palp Pinto (Gordon d1, Strawn d2), Mitchell (Westbrook d1, Loraine d2), Nolan (Highland d1 Blackwell d2), Coke (Robert Lee d1, Bronte d2), Concho (Eden d1 Paint Rock d2...got to be a few more out there...
May, Zephyr, Blanket, and Brookesmith are all in Brown County.
May, Zephyr, and Blanket were all in the playoffs

Last edited:
I know Leman, but they (Gordon & Strawn) have been in different divisions a couple of times now. I didn't think Strawn would ever be in D 1 again but they were close last realignment so I guess they could be in the same division again in the future. I don't see Gordon dropping to D 2 anytime soon.

Is there any truth to the "Munday has sixman numbers but elect to play 11-man" stuff I heard a couple years ago?

Yes, Munday is a 1a school that plays 2a football. They've been in Northside's basketball district for a while now. Same with Electra, maybe since the last alignment, I believe. I could be wrong about how long it's been, but both are 1a schools in Northside's district, that play 2a football.

I visited with a guy from Munday a couple of years ago. At that time they could have been playing sixman but, their numbers in elementary would almost double what they have in high school now. I don't see them playing sixman anytime soon.

Yes, Munday is a 1a school that plays 2a football. They've been in Northside's basketball district for a while now. Same with Electra, maybe since the last alignment, I believe. I could be wrong about how long it's been, but both are 1a schools in Northside's district, that play 2a football.
My manager at work grew up in Rocksprings. He told me about his time there in a one on one meeting and I asked him why they donā€™t move to sixman and he said something along the lines of ā€œschool boardā€ which irritates me. Baird IC and Menard have moved to sixman and are doing great. I donā€™t see why some schools donā€™t move down.

My manager at work grew up in Rocksprings. He told me about his time there in a one on one meeting and I asked him why they donā€™t move to sixman and he said something along the lines of ā€œschool boardā€ which irritates me. Baird IC and Menard have moved to sixman and are doing great. I donā€™t see why some schools donā€™t move down.

I'm not sure about Electra, but at least a few folks I've talked to from Munday say the taxpayers don't want the school to play six-man but nobody I've talked to seems to know why that is.

I'm not sure about Electra, but at least a few folks I've talked to from Munday say the taxpayers don't want the school to play six-man but nobody I've talked to seems to know why that is.
Electra is one as well they play 1a basketball so they must have the numbers

Back