Milford v McLean for the gold ball

I’ll let the boys decide this one on the field. Won’t say much, but I will say this game is featuring the best all around player in the state in Ben Crockett, the absolute best defensive player in the state in Chism Henderson and a whole group around them that will absolutely bring pain, including #2, 22 and 25. I also believe we have the best spread back in the entire state, we just don’t get to use him often!

Should be a great game. I do not think Mclean will win by the 45 mercy rule and I hope they don't. I want this game to go the full four quarters and I believe it will. With that being said I have Mclean winning by 62-40. I think it will be close and then the tigers start pulling away late in the 3rd with big stops on taron as they wear him down.

TebowTime15 said, "I think Ta'Ron deserves a ring after all his battles with Richland the last two years."

Milford has played Richland twice in the last six years and split the wins 1 and 1. They didn't play this year. So....... I'm confused.

Milford played Richland the two years prior to this year in the playoffs.
They lost the first year and won big the second time.

bigbadwolf":3gt3lrjn said:
I think McLean wins easily but would love to be proven wrong. I’ll always root for the underdog.

Just imo since it was brought up. Tyler Ethridge was a dominant player. His accomplishments are exaggerated though because he played on teams that would have won state even if he had not played. I personally believe Ta’Ron’s stats would have surpassed TE’s had Ta’Ron had the luxury of playing on those teams that TE was on.
I agree with you Bigbadwolf. McLean should win this game since Milford does not play consistent 4 quarter defense. Milford outscores all the average talent teams and struggles against the elite teams. If Milford can reinvent themselves to stop Crockett in the first half consistently, Ta"ron might get that ring. Talking about Tyler Ethridge, he never played against some of great six man teams such as Garden City in 2009 and 2010. I'm sure Tyler was one tough player, but the six man football world has been full of very tough and talented players. Ta'Ron is a gifted player too. Richland Springs certainly won a lot of championships but some of the D2 competition was (very) weak due to the split of division. Certainly not Richland's fault but it Is what it is.

All you McLean fans, make sure you tell all the mcleans players every day that they are unstoppable and win just by showing up.
No need to work anymore, no one can compete with them.
As soon as they walk on the field Milford will run and hide.
Every kids on the team is the biggest, baddest player on the field.
No need to watch game film or develope a game plan it isn’t needed.

obagain":2n03t5gt said:
All you McLean fans, make sure you tell all the mcleans players every day that they are unstoppable and win just by showing up.
You have to love the Milford education system.

obagain":3c8u0j3o said:

Change 1 word, McLean to Milford and that’s what we have heard all year, no two years, 3 ?, 4, more?...,.
Hummm............ That song don’t sound so good now ! Milford is good but I’m Afraid it’s McLean by 20+.

FCSA loves to talk about Milford’s failures... what about yours? I’ve never heard of you, have you won a State Title? Have you ever beaten Milford in anything? Lol, why do you come sit on Milford’s side next Wednesday, I’ll buy you a State shirt and we can watch and talk 6man football in person.

MilfordInsider":3bf0fp3d said:
FCSA loves to talk about Milford’s failures... what about yours? I’ve never heard of you, have you won a State Title? Have you ever beaten Milford in anything? Lol, why do you come sit on Milford’s side next Wednesday, I’ll buy you a State shirt and we can watch and talk 6man football in person.

Just another lie from you, Milford Insider. I’ve never talked about Milford’s failures, never! I made my most recent observations and stated my opinions. I stated Milford is good, number 11 is great, the Milford fans have much to be proud of. But if someone doubts, or heaven forbid, critizes Milford in any way you simply go off the deep end. You are totally irrational. There is no way to have a civilized conversation with you. You are too emotional and immature to discuss a point in an intelligent manner.
The sad part about it is that your hysterical comments and responses probably cause people to cheer for whoever Milford plays because of you, and that may not be right but it is real life one o one. Give the kids a break, let them win or lose without all the distractions. You see you are the kids on the Milford football team’s greatest enemy. They have to deal with the fallout of what you say. I’ve Heard people say “I hate the Cowboys because of their fans”. Chill out this weekend and come to the Frish Auf Country Club for our Football Banquet, enjoy hearing Brad Franchoine, his National Chamionships and his life at Blinn College with Cam Newton, and then listen to Boobie Miles tell us about the Permian Panthers and “Friday Night Lights”. I’ll even buy you a huge chicken Fried steak with all the trimmings and all the BLUE BELL ice cream you can eat !

Just curious if anyone has honestly looked at numbers for these two teams. Although I will say congratulations on both for making it this far McLean is obviously the best team in the state. Just thought I’d throw this out there.
In 14 games McLean 45d 11 of there opponents. And they only had 135 points scored on them all year. Sounds to me like they are pretty solid all the way around. Impressive for sure.
Milford has 45d 7 out of the 14 teams they played and have had 374 points scored on them even loosing to Strawn which McLean has already beat. If Milford wants to win this game they are gonna have to play defense for sure. Definitely looking forward in this one though. Although I hope it’s a close one I’m afraid McLean is gonna be more than those Milford boys can handle. But may the best team win. Good luck to both.

I can promise you one thing, Mclean isn’t planning on just showing and thinking they can win! Preparation already started today! They are HUNGRY! I’m not just saying that to say it, they are excited to play at Jerry World for sure, but they WANT TO WIN! They’ve worked hard all year with a #1 In the NATION ranking, haven’t took a day of work off all year! They won’t now either! TIME TO EAT!!!!!!

Congratulations to both teams on making it to the Dance in jerry world for the first time. It is way cool but don't be overwhelmed, distracted or intimidated by it, or the pregame hoopla. Give us, and yourselves, your best game. Leave it all on the field.

Talking about Tyler Ethridge, he never played against some of great six man teams such as Garden City in 2009 and 2010. I'm sure Tyler was one tough player, but the six man football world has been full of very tough and talented players. Ta'Ron is a gifted player too. Richland Springs certainly won a lot of championships but some of the D2 competition was (very) weak due to the split of division. Certainly not Richland's fault but it Is what it is.

Richland Springs was not D2 during the Ethridge days. They won their 3 titles with him at the helm as D- school. And I would venture to say the 2 Rule teams they beat in the finals were better than most of the recent state champions. So to say he didn’t go against and defeat some great teams is a tad off base.

Cougarpride3133":22u71nqa said:
Just curious if anyone has honestly looked at numbers for these two teams. Although I will say congratulations on both for making it this far McLean is obviously the best team in the state. Just thought I’d throw this out there.
In 14 games McLean 45d 11 of there opponents. And they only had 135 points scored on them all year. Sounds to me like they are pretty solid all the way around. Impressive for sure.
Milford has 45d 7 out of the 14 teams they played and have had 374 points scored on them even loosing to Strawn which McLean has already beat. If Milford wants to win this game they are gonna have to play defense for sure. Definitely looking forward in this one though. Although I hope it’s a close one I’m afraid McLean is gonna be more than those Milford boys can handle. But may the best team win. Good luck to both.
Numbers can be deceiving.
Yes, keep telling McLean how easy this will be.

obagain":4f23garn said:
Cougarpride3133":4f23garn said:
Numbers can be deceiving.
Yes, keep telling McLean how easy this will be.

You correctly stated that numbers can be deceiving. It doesn't matter how many teams each 45'd (or simply defeated) if those teams are not quality opponents. I can speak towards most of McLean's opponents and tell you it's impressive they beat both Strawn and Follett (the D2 Finalist), as well as Balmorhea and White Deer, twice. A couple of opponents they beat are not impressive to begin with. What I cannot speak towards are Milford's opponents as I'm not close enough to know their quality. The only comparison I can make is their loss to Strawn but I do not put much weight into that consideration. There could be extenuating factors involved that I'm unaware of (IE. injuries to Strawn when they loss to McLean or injuries to Milford when they loss to Strawn). On paper it is impressive to see wins over Calvert & Coolidge (traditionally good teams) but, again, I'm not familiar with many of their other opponents to pass judgement.

What I will say is what I'm looking forward to is seeing a good game between two quality opponents and that whoever (is it whoever or whomever?) wins will most definitely be able to say they earned it. I also firmly believe that neither team will come in and simply lay down for the other team. Most importantly, good luck to all the players and safe travels for all involved.

Back