Milford v McLean for the gold ball

Vince_in_TX":2kuqe991 said:
If Milford doesn’t play with any more passion than they did against Leakey, I’ll say McLean by 20.

Agree 1000% with your statement about Milford's passion; it felt like they were going through the motions especially early on. McLean's score against Garden City was really really impressive as I thought Garden City would be the state champion. I believe in Ta'ron but am not sure he is healthy.

My Prediction:

McLean 75, Milford 36

While it may not seem like it, I am giving Ta'ron the benefit of the doubt. The game will be close early on, but I do not think Milford can stand up for four quarters against a team that almost 45ed Garden City. Milford will get 45ed, maybe at half, if they play the way they did against Leakey.

PS. I hope Milford proves me wrong as I think Ta'Ron deserves a ring after all his battles with Richland the last two years.

This game will be a good one to watch. Both teams have earned the rite to be where they are and are very athletic. We forget they are still kids playing a game they love and are under a tremendous amount of pressure to win for their respective schools and community best wishes on both teams and hope they enjoy the experience regardless the outcome.

MilfordInsider":32dgeeze said:
Put some respect on Ta’Rons name. Milford ain’t losing
You don't just get respect. He hasn't done anything and Milford hasn't. If Milford played last night against GC or Mclean they would have lost and not made it to the state game. If he and his teammates can beat Mclean he will have respect given to him and his team. But respect is earned and they haven't earned respect but they can on the 19th.

I aint seen McLean play this year but very curious to see the size and speed I keep hearing about. For Milford "to never have never seen size and speed like this", Im assuming McLean is unstoppable. Milford had to play Strawn, Oakwood, Calvert, Coolidge, Aquilla and Union Hill - I assuming, since McLean's size and speed is remarkably superior to each of these opponents, Milford might need some help. Can't wait to see it. I dont have a dog in the fight but love seeing McLean come on here and attack the east.

sixmanvirgin":fw2aumpu said:
I aint seen McLean play this year but very curious to see the size and speed I keep hearing about. For Milford "to never have never seen size and speed like this", Im assuming McLean is unstoppable. Milford had to play Strawn, Oakwood, Calvert, Coolidge, Aquilla and Union Hill - I assuming, since McLean's size and speed is remarkably superior to each of these opponents, Milford might need some help. Can't wait to see it. I dont have a dog in the fight but love seeing McLean come on here and attack the east.

I mean rankings wise, the Tigers obviously had a tougher schedule?

footballfan10113":2nx0y02d said:
MilfordInsider":2nx0y02d said:
You don't just get respect. He hasn't done anything and Milford hasn't. If Milford played last night against GC or Mclean they would have lost and not made it to the state game. If he and his teammates can beat Mclean he will have respect given to him and his team. But respect is earned and they haven't earned respect but they can on the 19th.
Following your logic, mclaean hasn’t won a title either so why should we respect them more than Milford?

This McLean team is by far, the best team I've seen this decade. Garden City is easily the best team I've watched live this season, and McLean made it look easy at times. I have never seen Milford play, but by the way some talk, they have Tyler Ethridge 2.0. I'll take the big boys from McLean by 30+. With a spread back as good as Smith, no way can I say they'll be 45'd.

obagain":2opkimhv said:
footballfan10113":2opkimhv said:
MilfordInsider":2opkimhv said:
Following your logic, mclaean hasn’t won a title either so why should we respect them more than Milford?
Well when you knock off BOTH defending state champs and all of your games have been won by at least 20 points that deserves so respect. And well Milford lost to a team that Mclean beat by 20+... the tigers actually play defense...

TheAmericanDream":19i77gky said:
This McLean team is by far, the best team I've seen this decade. Garden City is easily the best team I've watched live this season, and McLean made it look easy at times. I have never seen Milford play, but by the way some talk, they have Tyler Ethridge 2.0. I'll take the big boys from McLean by 30+. With a spread back as good as Smith, no way can I say they'll be 45'd.

McLean by 45. Ta'ron shouldn't been in the conversation with Ethridge, Tyler knows how to win. #3outOf4

footballfan10113":2ayo74qd said:
MilfordInsider":2ayo74qd said:

Only thing Taron hasn’t done yet is win a state championship and neither has Mclean and what hasn’t he done? And have you seen Milford play? I doubt they would have lost last night. But I bet if Milford beats McLean y’all still won’t respect our boys. It’s always been Milford vs Everybody.

Greatest95":utae38g2 said:
footballfan10113":utae38g2 said:
MilfordInsider":utae38g2 said:

Only thing Taron hasn’t done yet is win a state championship and neither has Mclean and what hasn’t he done? And have you seen Milford play? I doubt they would have lost last night. But I bet if Milford beats McLean y’all still won’t respect our boys. It’s always been Milford vs Everybody.

It's not always Milford vs Everybody, the way yall portray Milford and talk about the players saying yall are going to win state 3 weeks before state is played. The only way you can talk like you have the best is if you win it. Milford is a good football team and they do win games but they don't win the ones that matter. You get respect by winning, and the day you win state is when you'll get respect. Too bad to get that respect youll have to earn it next year.

This guy just said Ta’Ron hasn’t earned respect?
Ta’Rons freshman year he leads Milford to the 3rd round, the year before that Milford got 45ed in the first round. Earns All State

Ta’Rons sophomore year Ta’Ron has an even better year. Only lost 2 games, both to two state finalist. All state year again.

Ta’Rons Junior year Ta’Ron is the clear best player in the state, maybe 1A and 2A. Only losses one game and leads Milford to the Semi Final game. Earns the Texas FB play of the year award 1A-6A. All State Year

Ta’Rons Senior year he has his most dominant year. Only loss to strawn. Losses 4 starters, and still leads Milford to the state game!!

If you say Ta’Ron hasn’t earned your respect you are full of it. Ignorance is no excuse, Ta’Ron is the best player in sixman and it isn’t even close...

My Milford boys nobody is picking you to win this week, prove them all wrong. Let’s have a party in AT&T stadium and bring home another championship!

I think McLean wins easily but would love to be proven wrong. I’ll always root for the underdog.

Just imo since it was brought up. Tyler Ethridge was a dominant player. His accomplishments are exaggerated though because he played on teams that would have won state even if he had not played. I personally believe Ta’Ron’s stats would have surpassed TE’s had Ta’Ron had the luxury of playing on those teams that TE was on.

bigbadwolf":3koun9g1 said:
Just imo since it was brought up. Tyler Ethridge was a dominant player. His accomplishments are exaggerated though because he played on teams that would have won state even if he had not played. I personally believe Ta’Ron’s stats would have surpassed TE’s had Ta’Ron had the luxury of playing on those teams that TE was on.

Ask Haustin Burkhart, the rest of the Coyotes, and the Lometa Hornets about the dominance of TE! Something happened to Tyler's hand against Rochelle in district, so he was going to sit out the first round game against Lometa. Haustin Burkhart, who was a very good athlete, played spread back with the score being 6-6 at halftime. Obviously, Richland Springs was freaking out.

Harley Ethridge, Tyler's dad and Richland Springs Assistant Coach, placed secretly Tyler's pad on the bus. #13 put on his pads, played without being able to throw, and Richland 45ed Lometa.

To quote Donald Rumsfeld "you don't know what you don't know!"

Back