McLean v Whitedeer

pistol":20y22k8m said:
Might be more than that if white deer is without on their big ones for a half

Is the WD kid that got ejected for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties suspended for the half per UIL rules? Or are you saying the coaches will suspend him a half?

Here is how the rule is written on the UIL website:

Ejection rule: The UIL adopted a new ejection rule similar to the one already in place for soccer.

In sports other than football, any player ejected must sit out the next game.

In football, if a player is ejected that player must sit out the first half of the following game. The rule will not apply to ejections from targeting.

According to the UIL, there were nearly 1,600 ejections in last school year. That and the rise in large-scale fights helped lead to the new rule.

The kid from WD did not get ejected for targeting.. he got ejected for 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, so if I am interpreting the rule correctly.. he is suspended for the first half against McLean. That would be HUGE. He is probably WD's most physical player on defense, and would be a big loss.

It sounded like he was just mouthing. I was listening on the radio, so I didn’t actually witness what happened. He got flagged on 2 separate occasions after the play though.

The first penalty occurred on the Ira sideline. Not sure what happened on that one. The second occurred on a kick off. It was explained to me that the official determined that a player on the receiving team (Ira) was contacted by the player from the kicking team (White Deer) before the ball had traveled 15 yards. The contact appeared to have happened at about 18 yards but I was not personally watching the ball to say it was a good or bad call. Maybe the film would say.

I see this game going one of two ways: 1. White Deer knows what they are up against and is going to find a way to make a game of it. 2. McLean ends it at half. Hopefully, White Deer makes a game of it. They are capable but will have to play a mistake free, physical game and will absolutely have to put bodies on Crockett!!!

swires":znb4ntau said:
The first penalty occurred on the Ira sideline. Not sure what happened on that one. The second occurred on a kick off. It was explained to me that the official determined that a player on the receiving team (Ira) was contacted by the player from the kicking team (White Deer) before the ball had traveled 15 yards. The contact appeared to have happened at about 18 yards but I was not personally watching the ball to say it was a good or bad call. Maybe the film would say.

I see this game going one of two ways: 1. White Deer knows what they are up against and is going to find a way to make a game of it. 2. McLean ends it at half. Hopefully, White Deer makes a game of it. They are capable but will have to play a mistake free, physical game and will absolutely have to put bodies on Crockett!!!

I only saw the Crockett kid at Strawn, and he was impressive but he must’ve stepped up more because I’ve heard about him quite a bit now.

Crockett is a stud but if you've watched mclean in person you would realize that there are 5 other players that are extremely good they are a team not a player and it shows. They embarrassed us on the field for sure.

It’s pretty disappointing that a kid that plays with as much passion as he does gets ejected for hustling and being aggressive.

Let him play! It’s the playoffs! I want WD at full strength, because I believe Mclean has something to prove. They weren’t happy with the regular season outcome. I say Mclean by 50.

tdog5344":2b9ssvkv said:
Crockett is a stud but if you've watched mclean in person you would realize that there are 5 other players that are extremely good they are a team not a player and it shows. They embarrassed us on the field for sure.
I am surprised Milford Insider hasn't chimed in and told everyone that they don't have 5 other players but 25. And they are rare!

Heck No, he shouldn't play.... rules are rules!! And may I point something out, there's nothing wrong with hustling and laying it all on the line but the player has to learn to control he's emotions... What does this player learn if you allow him to play? What he should learn is football is a team sport and when you allow yourself to get kicked out the game then that player has put himself above the team...Not sure if he's a Senior or Junior but if he gets to play next year I would hope this will be a lesson to this young man....So no he shouldn't be allowed to play the first, there's a reason the UIL felt there was a need for this rule....

Cw74":ohhcnfhm said:
It’s pretty disappointing that a kid that plays with as much passion as he does gets ejected for hustling and being aggressive.

Something is not quite right with this picture! A player was ejected for hustling? Or does the being aggressive mean that he was fighting?

That kid is a hustler!! He’s one to not back down Especially if someone gets in his face. The first penalty was mouthing. The second was hitting before the ball got 15 yards on a kickoff. I hate saying this but those refs were bad at that game. I could hear Ira coach yell about a penalty and low and behold the yellow laundry came out. On the kickof that gave him the second personal foul it came from the sideline ref on the opposite side on the Ira sideline. Ira best play was “zebra 44”

Back