McLean v Balmoreah

Hmmm....I just don’t see Balmoreah 45ing McLean. McLean is down but not that down. If McLean can put together a few defensive stands and not rely so heavily on Crockett, I think they can hang. But if they do whatever they did against Groom, they’re going home early. Balmoreah is well coached and athletic. McLean is well coached but doesn’t have the athletic prowess they packed last year.

Can someone verify the game time? The schedule here shows Balmorhea-McLean and Border County-Roby both at 7:30. Is the Balmorhea-McLean game on Friday before the the Borden County game? Or is being played on Saturday instead of Friday? Pretty good drive out from Cowtown and I want to be certain not to miss it. Thanks.

This will definitely be McLeans 1st test of the season and we get to see who they really are this year. With Crockett in the backfield. They always have a chance at winning. He will keep them in games & give teams hell. That's just how good that kid really is. Nobody believed it till he put it on Milford last year at State.

With that said, this is also a Balmorhea team who returns basically everyone from last year. Except their big boy #8. So this is a well oiled machine. If they can contain Crockett even just a handful of times. And they keep putting points up. They'll get the win.

I'm only about 50% with my pick. I think it could go either way. But I'll pick Balmorhea in a close one.

bakedbean":n75awhwl said:
McLean easy win balmoreha lost all they got. McLean still got a tank in the backfield who stopping him
Might need a new hobby. Apparently knowing ANYTHING about Texas six man football isn’t your strong suit. They practically lost one guy. ONE. And had a guy ready to replace him for this year. Yeah, nobody is gonna STOP Big Ben, but apparently slowing him down enough to outscore them works.

Would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. Hats off to Balmorhea. It's hard to win in sixman when you spot a team 32. I think next time McLean won't get behind 32. First half Balmorhea 32 McLean 0. Second half McLean 35 Balmorhea 16. What changed in the second half? Did McLean come up with a defense that stopped Balmorhea. I listened to the game online and I felt McLean really hurt themselves with costly penalties. I really hope there's a second game.

chiggity14":39sp9tyb said:
Would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. Hats off to Balmorhea. It's hard to win in sixman when you spot a team 32. I think next time McLean won't get behind 32. First half Balmorhea 32 McLean 0. Second half McLean 35 Balmorhea 16. What changed in the second half? Did McLean come up with a defense that stopped Balmorhea. I listened to the game online and I felt McLean really hurt themselves with costly penalties. I really hope there's a second game.
It’s likely

Balmorhea shut Ben down the first half and 4th quarter. He did go crazy in the third. I will take Balmorhea any day of the week over one player in McLean. I seen a well coached team in Balmorhea that will be hard to beat this year and a McLean team that I thought depended on one kid and everybody know there is no I in team. It takes a team to win it all and Balmorhea is a team.

Hats off to the bears. They came to play. It’s hard to come back 32 points and keep them from scoring in the process. Balmorhea scored one time when three or four guys from McLean had him wrapped up and they tossed it up and another kid caught it and scored. Lots of penalties hurt McLean and even sometimes put the bears in tough 4th down situations that they converted. At the start of the 4th quarter McLean is down by 3. Two big plays could have changed the outcome of the game. Balmorhea 4th and about 17 catch the ball and get the first but as he is catching it McLean player misses a tackle and they score. McLean is faced with a 4th and long situation, gets the first and fumbles. Not saying McLean would have won if they stopped them on that possession and scored on the lost fumble, but there is the possibility.

I can see these teams meeting again and it’ll be pretty interesting. Much closer back and forth game that could go either way if McLean plays like they did the second half. Great game to Balmorhea and Coach Jones

So what some of you are saying is Ben Crockett held Balmorhea to 48 points by himself, wow that's impressive! McLean doesn't have an I in team, they are a TEAM with some really talented athletes around Ben Crockett.

Back