May Vs. Zephyr area round

May will win. I think the game everyone should be paying attention to is the Bryson vs Jonesboro. I think Bryson has what it takes to compete with Jonesboro. However, Jonesboro is a force to be reckoned with, prime example being what they did to Zephyr. Another note Bryson lost to Milford by 1 and Jonesboro lost to Milford by 25 or so points (can’t remember). Winner of that game will play May to determine Union Hills opponent in the state semifinal. I belive this will be one of the best Area round games to watch, alongside Borden v Buena Vista (last year 2OT), Richland v Milford, and Crowell v Strawn (Strawn may win big).

TheMaskedVigilante":i0vbq5wk said:
May will win. I think the game everyone should be paying attention to is the Bryson vs Jonesboro. I think Bryson has what it takes to compete with Jonesboro. However, Jonesboro is a force to be reckoned with, prime example being what they did to Zephyr. Another note Bryson lost to Milford by 1 and Jonesboro lost to Milford by 25 or so points (can’t remember). Winner of that game will play May to determine Union Hills opponent in the state semifinal. I belive this will be one of the best Area round games to watch, alongside Borden v Buena Vista (last year 2OT), Richland v Milford, and Crowell v Strawn (Strawn may win big).

I agree May will win.. might be a blowout. Bryson vs Jonesboro will be a good game, I expect Jonesboro to come out on top, but it might be epic with really good coaches adjusting. I doubt Buena Vista can hang at all with Borden County. I will try to attend Richalnd Springs vs Milford, as this might be the game of the year so far! Crowell might give Strawn a bit of trouble early, but I expect Strawn to run away in the second half.

Several thoughts here, the first one might bring a firestorm down on my head. The Bryson-Milford game in Hico was a one point game, but it did not represent how good (or bad ) the two teams were. Milford was up 3 TDs going into the fourth quarter, then proved how out of shape they were by having a total team meltdown in the fourth. It was mostly due to cramps, but they did have one kid ejected, at least one unforced fumble and so on. Bryson proved just how tough they could be by never quitting and just grinding away. Bryson had the ball with about 40 seconds left in the game, they had all the momentum and would have won the game...thunder, a thirty minute delay, Milford gets healthy and regroups stops Bryson and wins the game. Given a midseason game Milford would probably win by 4 or 5 TDs.

Unless Jonesboro can blow some people out, I am of the opinion that we are through with blowouts in Region 3. Last night May 45'd Forrestburg, but it didn't look like a blowout and didn't really feel like a blowout. May just finally wore Forrestburg down.

I expect Zephyr and May to have a close (within the 20 point range) hard fought game. This is a bigger rivalry game than most people think. Momentum will be a big and important part of the game, if either team can actually grab that elusive emotion. The other end of the spectrum is playing within oneself and playing within the system, not trying to do to much on any given play.

Jonesboro will grind away with their ground game and score on most possesions. My question is whether Bryson's passing game can do the same. If they can, this too will be a close game.

Back