May 2023

Tigerfan85

Six-man master
Ok so I’ll go ahead and say this before I start getting flack in here. First and foremost I, actually should say WB4M are super proud of this team. They fought through injuries or at least tried to. Lost one key player for the season to injury. Tigers a very young and they will take this season and learn and grow from it. Nothing but respect for these kids and coaches.

Ok so I’ll go ahead and say this before I start getting flack in here. First and foremost I, actually should say WB4M are super proud of this team. They fought through injuries or at least tried to. Lost one key player for the season to injury. Tigers a very young and they will take this season and learn and grow from it. Nothing but respect for these kids and coaches.
Heck of a Season

With the great success of the Brownwood program, how many of the better players in the outlying communities of Brown County such as May, Zephyr, Brookesmith, Blanket, will begin migrating toward the brighter lights?

With the great success of the Brownwood program, how many of the better players in the outlying communities of Brown County such as May, Zephyr, Brookesmith, Blanket, will begin migrating toward the brighter lights?
That hasn’t been an issue for long time. But I can see where the desire is coming back. The last state championship for the Lions was 81. On that team was a QB and TE from Blanket and couple kids form Mullin. I grew up in Bwood played in Gordon Woods system. We built a house on our land out in country so I started at May. Recruiting was bit different back then. Coach Woods and Southhall were on my moms couch one day in between two a days wanting to know why I wasn’t at Bwood practices. Lol in todays world Gordon would have been in big trouble. He tried for two years to get me and another kid to go to bwood.
But I do see the desire like I said. I guess families will have to actually move into bwood. Coach Burnett has plenty of home grown players so I can’t see him risking anything.

That hasn’t been an issue for long time. But I can see where the desire is coming back. The last state championship for the Lions was 81. On that team was a QB and TE from Blanket and couple kids form Mullin. I grew up in Bwood played in Gordon Woods system. We built a house on our land out in country so I started at May. Recruiting was bit different back then. Coach Woods and Southhall were on my moms couch one day in between two a days wanting to know why I wasn’t at Bwood practices. Lol in todays world Gordon would have been in big trouble. He tried for two years to get me and another kid to go to bwood.
But I do see the desire like I said. I guess families will have to actually move into bwood. Coach Burnett has plenty of home grown players so I can’t see him risking anything.
I will add this. I love the sixman game and the communities. However, if there is a kid who is talented enough to play in bigger system I don’t have a problem with them pursuing that. We all know our level doesn’t get the attention that bigger schools do when it comes to scholarships. We also know many kids won’t make it to college without the help a scholarship provides. Sure there are exceptions but few and far between.

Back