Math Coach looking for a job

SandersonEagles

11-man fan
I am in hopes of finding a teaching/coaching job in the sixman community. I am currently enrolled at Texas State University and graduating this Fall(2013) with a major in Mathematics and Minor in Education. I will be doing my student teaching through Sanderson, TX this fall. I was raised in Sanderson, TX and graduated with the class of 2003. My sixman experience comes from playing for the Sanderson Eagles and being coached by Coach Vance Jones. After graduating, I went into the Navy in February 2004 through December 2009 when I was Honorably Discharged. I have taken and passed the PPR and the TeXeS 8-12 Mathematics certification tests. I am planning on taking the 4-8 Mathematics and 4-8 Generalist certification tests in January after I have graduated from Texas State University. If anyone has any openings and is interested, you can contact me at [email protected].

Thank you for your interest.

Josh Kelly

I don't think you'll have a problem. Math is one of the most sought after fields along with science. From another vet, thanks for your service.

Since Sanderson is currently looking for a coach,
dude,
you will be poised and ready
to be a shoe in right there!!
Jobs are crazy hard to get
and your connection to Sanderson
will be your ace-in-the-hole!!

And,
don't bother taking the 4-8 Math
if you've already passed the HS math.
(Unless you just have money to burn) :)
The HS math should cover you teaching most math classes.
The 4-8 Generalist would be good to have
just as an aside.
Then you're good for ALL JH core subjects.
But HS math should set you up for life!

Seriously...
go to Sanderson and dig in like a tick.

I have looked down that avenue already. There is a possibility but realistically there is no guarantees. Therefore, I have to keep my options open and look out for my family and myself. I do appreciate you guys commenting though and keeping me near the top of the most recent topics that have been posted on.

Worst thing about job hunting is that I can't really look for anything until January. Most everybody who is looking is looking for someone right now. If only I would have graduated a semester earlier.

Do not fret!
Your math cert. makes you kinda like Superman.
There will be mid-year openings!!
And your connections at Sanderson
will set you up for them!

Actually,
we ought to change your indian name to
"Matheagle".
jus sayin'.

I might have to if I don't get hired at Sanderson. Could you imagine if I kept the same login name if I was hired at another school. That would really show where my loyalties lie. I'd be fired after the first year if anybody found out.

You should choose a neutral screen name........... Something like " smokey is a genius" or " cowboy is a doofus ". Either one of those works...............

smokeyjoe53":2xnccgvt said:
You should choose a neutral screen name........... Something like " smokey is a genius" or " cowboy is a doofus ". Either one of those works...............

Just remember, I Hate Rainjack is already taken.

oldfat&bald":fb9ymgi7 said:
smokeyjoe53":fb9ymgi7 said:

Just remember, I Hate Rainjack is already taken.
But, I Loathe Rainjack is still available!

I could always go with "Pack Beats Cowgirls". Oh wait, that wouldn't work. So much for being in Cowboy country. How about a neutral name like "How About Them Cowgirls"?

Hey, if you are still looking for a position, we have an opening for Math and assistant coach at Hermleigh. Shoot me a message with your info. if you're interested.

Back