Looking for new HOME

• Thread starter Deleted member 18767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18767

Due to my mother's recent diagnoses with Alzheimer's, I have resigned my current position in hopes of finding a new HOME further South. I am a finalist at one school, but being a finalist is like watching the the Ark go by as the rains come. I am currently Phys Ed / Health certified and am currently in the process of a Gen 4-8 certification for more flexibility. I am a much better football coach than basketball, but have coached all sports in some aspect, being the only boys coach at my current school. I spent 6 years in the Air Force, prior to being an Engineer for 16 years. Once my kids were grown a little, I finally decided to do what I wanted to do, instead of what I had to do. Becoming a teacher / coach, I finally feel that I don't just have a job, but a life that I love everyday. I am not looking for an instant winner, that will come with relentless work. Would love to be the Head Coach as I am now, but would be assistant for the right coach / school. I hate getting on here to look for a position and I also know most jobs won't post for a little while, but I wanted to put a bug in the ears of the "Knower's" in case anyone has any news or rumors. That is what I love about this website; there is such a variety of people that use it and there are some with vast knowledge of every aspect of 6 man. If anyone has any questions, you may contact me through this website or personally through the information below. Thank you and God bless 6 Man!

Keith Hughes
806-283-3180
[email protected]

IH 20 or further South would be great!

Bioenvironmental,...was a mix of environmental and industrial hygiene. Lots of Science and Math mixed together.

coachhughes":1f1e4xwu said:
Bioenvironmental,...was a mix of environmental and industrial hygiene. Lots of Science and Math mixed together.

No wonder you got tired of that.

I assume you teach or can teach math/science too. I know a lot of engineers/geologists went into teaching after the oil bust in the 1990's.

I think I can pretty much teach anything, but that depends on what the school's needs are.

Just sign up for and pay
to take as many TExES tests as you want!
That'll certify you in multiple areas.
I'm surprised that you're not
secondary Math/Science already.
Habla espanol?
The old PE coach positions
are few and far between.
If you could teach math in spanish
you could pick your place!!! :p

Yes, I am just waiting at this point to see what interested parties might want. $120 a test will eat a budget up.

You can bet $120
that a Math cert.
will make you more marketable!

You can't legally teach
"pretty much anything"
without that little piece of paper.

Secondary Math/Science are documented high need areas.

Passed my Generalist 4-8 Test, so just thought I would throw that in as well.

A call of hands to those that hate the waiting game? :x

Although it is understood, it is frustrating.

Coach: Zephyr is looking for a Head Football coach and I think it was with a 4-8 Generalist. It is on the Region 15 service center site.
Good Luck!

If this was his job
I bet he went crazy!

Midkiff1,
The operative word being "think"
unfortunately I don't think so.

Zephyr is looking for a
secondary History Composite teacher
which includes American, World, Civics and Economics.
THEN
on top of that brutal schedule
you get HFC
and they probably expect a state championship
on that new turf field and all.
OH,
they want you to be All-Level PE too.

I'm trying to think of something cute to say but...

I knew it would be a chore to job hunt this year, but never did I imagine this. I sure did underestimate the State's situation. I never figured that every coach in the State would be fighting for the same few positions. Crazy year, just crazy!

A guy with your background
had better get his Science Composite
and any Math certification!
Novice prolly would have been a good location for you.

Yes, I'd like to know too.
Do you need an assistant? lol

Does BHS stand for Blackwell?
That would put you S. of I-20.

I will be replacing Coach Phillips (heading for Rochelle) at Brookesmith.

Back