Lets get excited TCAL

the_coach

11-man fan
Today starts a great weekend of football. So what games or teams are we excited to see in TCAL this year.

I have heard great things about Tribe
A healthy Colton Garrett will Put CC Annapolis in the hunt for the D2 title
Shad Cole!!!!!! Enough said
I keep hearing the name Atonement. I hear they have some new boys over there.
I am excited to see what Johnson County Sports Association will look like.

Is there a surprise team in D2 out there?

Can Allen Academy take the crown in D1 (I pick them to do so)
FEAST should be fun to watch
I am hearing good thing from Coach Rogers group at Waco Methodist
Speaking of Waco, Live Oak should be strong again
Or is it El Paso Faiths time to shine.

Lets talk!!!!!!!!!!

Well you mentioned 3 of the 4 semi-finalists in D2 last season but you forgot to mention the only team that only lost one senior. I am excited.

I think Live Oak is the team to beat in D1, I dont think anyone graduated from last years team.
In D2 i think it is all about the TRIBE

Waco Live Oak and FEAST are my picks for the D1 State game. Both of these teams are solid with an excellent coaching staff. Live Oak might have the edge if they stay healthy; they have a very good team. Both teams will win this week with WLO upsetting Cherokee who are 25 point favorites over Coach Barkers team. Bryan Allen will have another good year but lost a few great athletes with shoes that will be hard to fill.

No comment on who will do what in D2...only time will tell.

Happy Week 0

I believe Live Oak is the team to beat. Feast should be strong as well, and of course Allen Academy, but I think Live Oak is extremely talented and experienced. Live Oak only had one senior graduate from last years squad, and are returning some very talented players.

Of course I will admit my bias being a Live Oak fan myself.

Anyway, I have a score update with Live Oak leading Cherokee 40-0 and they've just started the 2nd Q.

Should be interesting how things play out, we all know anything can happen. Hope that everyone stays healthy this year!

Live should recover from a rough quarter final game vs Tomball last year and be in the finals vs FEAST. Allen will struggle after losing their starting QB to the new College Station HS and relying on Cody Vega to run the offense. He is a good reciever but no where near the passer JAke G. was. It looks like FEAST has everything set up to possibly win the finals, but WLO will give them a run with a strong passing attack. Tribe will face sometough opponents but should e in the finals again and take home the title.

Huge game on friday with Methodist Home visiting Allen Academy. Wonder how close this one will be. I think MCH has played a tougher schedule and already beaten Live Oak. Allen hasn't beaten any public school teams this year. How do ya'll think this one will go?

I expect Allen to win, I think it will be tough for Waco Methodist to get up for a 3rd or 4th tough game in a row; and I heard they will be without a few of their key players.

I'm excited about the week 9 game between Stephenville Faith (Number 1 in TCAL Div. 2) and Waco Live Oak (Number 2 in TCAL Div. 1). I saw that Stephenville Faith put up 90 points last week and Waco Live Oak seems to be struggling by allowing 40 something to BVCHEA. I don't make it out for many games, but this one should be a good one. Both teams are also 6-2.

centexfan7":3qqc7c1j said:
Here we go... Stephenville FAITH (6-2) and Waco Live Oak (7-2). Should be a great game to end the TCAL regular season.
I don't know who else they had, but a common opponent is Gordon. Gordon 45'd Faith with little trouble. Live Oak beat an improved Gordon by 12. But..... knowing the Cherry boys, Faith has more than likely improved greatly since week 1, and they might not have been 100% against us. We will see by how much. Unfortunately I don't see this as the game that it could be.
I'm taking Live Oak by 45+ late in the 4th.

hornkeeper12":1487wjd9 said:
centexfan7":1487wjd9 said:
Here we go... Stephenville FAITH (6-2) and Waco Live Oak (7-2). Should be a great game to end the TCAL regular season.
I don't know who else they had, but a common opponent is Gordon. Gordon 45'd Faith with little trouble. Live Oak beat an improved Gordon by 12. But..... knowing the Cherry boys, Faith has more than likely improved greatly since week 1. We will see by how much.

That will only happen if Live Oak pulls their starters in the 2nd or 3rd. Live Oak should 45 them at half, especially after hearing that FAITH tried to cancel on them

SWRaider":zleqj5np said:
hornkeeper12":zleqj5np said:
centexfan7":zleqj5np said:
I don't know who else they had, but a common opponent is Gordon. Gordon 45'd Faith with little trouble. Live Oak beat an improved Gordon by 12. But..... knowing the Cherry boys, Faith has more than likely improved greatly since week 1. We will see by how much.

That will only happen if Live Oak pulls their starters in the 2nd or 3rd. Live Oak should 45 them at half, especially after hearing that FAITH tried to cancel on them
I was being generous. I've been told to be nice.

Back