Leman's Record Book

I know the thread doesn't specifically cover State Game or Playoff individual performances but I'm curious.
Does anyone know maybe the top 5 rushing performances in a State Game? I think I may have seen at least one.

I have a very large State Game Record Book Im holding back for use in book form one day...but here are the top 5 single game rushing:
1. 461 - Trey Richey, 1985 Jayton (28 carries)
2. 427 – Josh Colunga, 2009 Garden City (21 carries)
3. 420 – DeWayne Miles, 1995 Amherst (27 carries)*416?
4. 414 – Walker Tippie, 2016 Richland Springs (15 carries)
5. 390 – Danny Del Hierro, 1972 O’Brien

Worth noting...I went with the most widely accepted number for the state games as there are usually about 3-4 different published reports with different totals lol...Granger is who I went with for Miles...Tippie there no doubt about the accuracy of those numbers

Leman Saunders":2jg3c367 said:
I have a very large State Game Record Book Im holding back for use in book form one day...but here are the top 5 single game rushing:
1. 461 - Trey Richey, 1985 Jayton (28 carries)
2. 427 – Josh Colunga, 2009 Garden City (21 carries)
3. 420 – DeWayne Miles, 1995 Amherst (27 carries)*416?
4. 414 – Walker Tippie, 2016 Richland Springs (15 carries)
5. 390 – Danny Del Hierro, 1972 O’Brien

Worth noting...I went with the most widely accepted number for the state games as there are usually about 3-4 different published reports with different totals lol...Granger is who I went with for Miles...Tippie there no doubt about the accuracy of those numbers

I knew # 2 had to be close to the top. My neck was sore that night from turning back and forth and back and forth... I figured #4 was probably up there too as I saw it streamed. They had some guy commenting from time to time with a really cool tie (now I have to find my bottle of Brown Nose Remover).

Leman Saunders":1licl8we said:
Johnny South":1licl8we said:
Full game or Mercy Rule deserves an asterisk.
That would be 3 of the 5 up there as far as state games go...Colunga and Miles played a full game

In the case of Colunga that is a testament to the 2009 Strawn Greyhounds never giving up. He ran through and around them every which way you can. You score 88 points in the State game and your down by 44 at the end of the 4th. I can't remember, maybe Coach Jones had the opportunity to give it to him one more time and didn't. Kudos to him and them, again.

To Whom It May Concern,
I really feel horrible for many of my ex Mustang Players for not keeping a better tract of game stats. Don't know where they would have fallen in these records but they would have been up there for sure.
Great Post!!

6mandan":rk1mrb9w said:
To Whom It May Concern,
I really feel horrible for many of my ex Mustang Players for not keeping a better tract of game stats. Don't know where they would have fallen in these records but they would have been up there for sure.
Great Post!!

If you are talking about Fort Hancock players...you are correct...I have been working hard to locate stats, newspaper articles, films and so on trying to compile some things. Most are not complete so very had to list, some of them I do have but they wouldnt be in the top 5 (would be in the top 10). Vicente Ramirez career rushing TDs scored would probably be in the top 5 but I am missing some games so the number I have is not complete and some stats still need double checking.

Also added in Jaren Brooks, Grandfalls-Royalty (2014-16), Career Receiving numbers as they were sent to me recently

161 receptions - ties for #1 in career receptions
2,650 yards - puts him #5 in career receiving yards
60 receiving TDs - puts him #4 in career receiving TDs

if anyone coaches out there have some stats they would like to send in feel free to email me
[email protected]

Leman Saunders":2dm8tojr said:
6mandan":2dm8tojr said:
To Whom It May Concern,
Great Post!!

If you are talking about Fort Hancock players...you are correct...I have been working hard to locate stats, newspaper articles, films and so on trying to compile some things. Most are not complete so very had to list, some of them I do have but they wouldnt be in the top 5 (would be in the top 10). Vicente Ramirez career rushing TDs scored would probably be in the top 5 but I am missing some games so the number I have is not complete and some stats still need double checking.
Leman
It's Danny Medina from the Fort. Great Post for all these young men. Yea who would have thunk it that keeping up with TD's/Rushing/Passing/Receiving would come into play later in life. We played we won and we got ready for the next week. Still feel bad we or I didn't do my boys just.

CoachJJ":1zhwy1hy said:
223. (2013)Heath Fulton 103 Oakwood 120

Yes I have that on my long list...for this I only listed the #1 spots in the 2 categories...232 is the record I have for public v private

Both Teams Combined:
Public School v Private School: 232 – Fort Davis 124 Midland Christian 108, 2011, Week 4
Public School v Public School: 221 – Paint Rock 112 Novice 109, 2010, Week 10

Mr. Saunders,
Are there any record books for schools other than UIL? I would like to submit our kicker who had a 50 yarder tonight.

we are doing inseason records this year here including all 6man teams

all-time record book Im not sure if anyone keeps a private school one...mine I have tried to keep public only

but tell us what it was anyway! Like I said that would be the best this season in all 6man! I would like to see video of it to confirm it though

Back